Test Drive Unlimited Tweaks?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by astronomikaD (25 posts) -

Is there a Performance tweaks for Test Drive Unlimited? (1)

I only deleted birds, papers, bushes and grass but one guy said he removed planes, boats and it boosted his FPS, can anyone tell me how to do that? :P Or is there some more tweaks like removing leaves or clouds or SHADOWS or do you know where's the Config file? please tell me if you know :) Thanks you.

#2 Posted by garfield360uk (20381 posts) -

I am moving this to the PC board, I feel like you will have a better chance of help at that board over general gaming/hardware discussion.

#3 Posted by Stinger78 (5844 posts) -

Other than removing items from the game, put all details on low, especially anti-aliasing, and disable v-sync as those are the options I lower first in games and in the control panel.

If that still doesn't help, well, if you can't run a game from 2007 smoothly, you might want to upgrade.

#4 Posted by PredatorRules (11994 posts) -

@Stinger78 said:

Other than removing items from the game, put all details on low, especially anti-aliasing, and disable v-sync as those are the options I lower first in games and in the control panel.

If that still doesn't help, well, if you can't run a game from 2007 smoothly, you might want to upgrade.

This, I've played it on 5770 on max graphics, I can recommend an upgrade.

#5 Posted by astronomikaD (25 posts) -

Does anybody know where's the Planes and Boats files so I can remove them? or is there any programs that disable Shadows in games? :P

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (11994 posts) -

@astronomikaD said:

Does anybody know where's the Planes and Boats files so I can remove them? or is there any programs that disable Shadows in games? :P

Stop trying to destroy a perfectly good game, one of the things that made this game so good was the vista while driving long drives around the island.

#7 Posted by astronomikaD (25 posts) -

@PredatorRules: 1. I'm not a virus trying to hack into your computers and brake everything inside.

2. I can't drive with with 15 FPS.

3. You're not helping.

4. You know the definition of word Destroying right?

#8 Edited by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Buy a second hand graphics card for $30

#9 Posted by PredatorRules (11994 posts) -

@astronomikaD said:

@PredatorRules: 1. I'm not a virus trying to hack into your computers and brake everything inside.

2. I can't drive with with 15 FPS.

3. You're not helping.

4. You know the definition of word Destroying right?

Everyone here are trying to help you including me by saying buy a new GPU, not a 200$ one but a modest one that costs about 100$ should be able to run the game on max settings like the GTX750