This topic is locked from further discussion.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

So the new 2d action/platformer Terraria is going to be distributed through Steam in June, and on the fan forums everyone is so butthurt that they have to use Steam to get it.

My questions are, are you excited for this game?

and

Why do people hate steam so much? I really like the service and they have some killer ass deals, so whats everyones gripe with it?

Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

The only people I've met who really hate Steam were pirates. Steam makes it rather hard to pirate some games, whereas it doesn't even effect others. I hate to admit it, but a few of my real life friends are pirates. Simply can't get them to come to the light side.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
Im stoked its on steam :) good exposure for the game. Gamespot seems to not be interested in terraria.... yet.
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 d4v1dbow13

its a shame more people dont know about this game, it looks amazing. Have a look at the trailer and see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc

Also yogscast did a lets play about it.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

The game looks crazy awesome. Also its a great example of how you can take a concept and make it your own.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wigan_gamer

its a shame more people dont know about this game, it looks amazing. Have a look at the trailer and see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGo7iMUcxLc

d4v1dbow13
Yeah but they are so bad, still they make it funny.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
Some people don't like Steam because they don't like DRM.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
so it's basically 2d minecraft?
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts
so it's basically 2d minecraft?Same_Jeans_On
With more emphasis on adventure and combat than building; that's at least what I get from it.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wigan_gamer

so it's basically 2d minecraft?Same_Jeans_On
It has little to do with minecraft... it takes more from various other games than minecraft. Did minecraft invent digging in games? No. OMG IT HAS DIGGING AND PLACING BLOCKS AND TORCHES! IT MUST BE A MINECRAFT RIP OFF! AP:gja[owjgaGAWGMWG

Your as ignorant as IGN :/

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Same_Jeans_On

[QUOTE="Same_Jeans_On"]so it's basically 2d minecraft?wigan_gamer

It has little to do with minecraft... it takes more from various other games than minecraft. Did minecraft invent digging in games? No. OMG IT HAS DIGGING AND PLACING BLOCKS AND TORCHES! IT MUST BE A MINECRAFT RIP OFF! AP:gja[owjgaGAWGMWG

Your as ignorant as IGN :/

Calm down dear, i was asking a question. I don't understand how me asking a question is ignorant. You've really shown yourself to be ignorant here buddy. Can I say thanks to ssvegeta55 for answering my question. Rather than being completely ignorant about it.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wigan_gamer
It wasn't so much a question as a statement.... Its clear from the trailer it isn't really like minecraft. It makes me mad because a lot of people say "oh look its 2d minecraft"or "minecraft rip off", ign even had an article "minecraft: The platformer"..... gets frustrating saying the same thing to everyone who asks.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Same_Jeans_On
It wasn't so much a question as a statement.... Its clear from the trailer it isn't really like minecraft. It makes me mad because a lot of people say "oh look its 2d minecraft"or "minecraft rip off", ign even had an article "minecraft: The platformer"..... gets frustrating saying the same thing to everyone who asks.wigan_gamer
But it was a question wasn't it? Because i put a question mark at the end of it. Didn't I ? I was asking and hoping for someone to answer and let me know if that's what this was or if it was something different. You really need to calm down buddy. You'd think you had you're lifetime savings invested in this or something...
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wigan_gamer
"so its basically a 2d minecraft?", using the word so at the start of question infers you already have an opinion that it is a 2d minecraft. Also the fact you neglected to mention any of the influences that had bigger influence on the game(that is clear in the trailer) and pick that specific one makes me wonder did you just watch the first 30 or so seconds in which this opinion would be validated. However watching past the first minute or so you would realise it has more in common with other games...
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Same_Jeans_On
Okay yeah I did just watch the first 30 seconds, yawn /end argument.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It wasn't so much a question as a statement.... Its clear from the trailer it isn't really like minecraft. It makes me mad because a lot of people say "oh look its 2d minecraft"or "minecraft rip off", ign even had an article "minecraft: The platformer"..... gets frustrating saying the same thing to everyone who asks.wigan_gamer

You are easily offended.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Same_Jeans_On

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"]It wasn't so much a question as a statement.... Its clear from the trailer it isn't really like minecraft. It makes me mad because a lot of people say "oh look its 2d minecraft"or "minecraft rip off", ign even had an article "minecraft: The platformer"..... gets frustrating saying the same thing to everyone who asks.JangoWuzHere

You are easily offended.

Indeed he is .
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 d4v1dbow13

i would say its the love child of a crazy orgy involving Minecraft, Castlevania, Metriod, and Zelda. Yeah its 2d and you gather resources and build, but it is much more focused on action and exploration.

Many people have made the reference to minecraft and dismissing because it is 2d, but is much more involved than that.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Can I say thanks to ssvegeta555 for answering my question. Rather than being completely ignorant about it.Same_Jeans_On

You're welcome. :) I'm actually quite excited myself and I'm a huuuge minecraft fan. What's amazing is that this game has been in development since Jan '11.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

d4v1dbow13
Sorry, but what exactly is amazing about this game?
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 d4v1dbow13

[QUOTE="d4v1dbow13"]

FelipeInside

Take what you want from it. I'll be playing with a bunch of my friends on a server im going to host. I read somewhere that the servers are going to be compatible for up to 256 players hardware permitting. Just exploring and fighting bosses with my friends, and getting rare new weapons. Maps are 3 miles wide and 1.5 miles deep, way deeper than minecraft. Also has 29 monsters as of the alpha.

I also can appreciate the 2d gameplay and art style, being an older gamer.

Travis281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Travis281
Member since 2004 • 2546 Posts

I'm going to wait for a demo or something. I don't really get the whole minecraft craze. I like 2D platformers, but I don't really understand this game.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

I don't like Minecraft because the combat looks very clumsy and I don't see the point. Couldn't you just use a map editor to make maps for a better and more exciting game?

If you explore, what is the point if you are going to just see more and more of the same? What's the point of building things if it doesn't get you any closer to beating the game?

nintendog66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendog66
Member since 2006 • 2300 Posts
It looks great, possible buy. I think indie devs should cut back on the paltformers, sure they're nice and everything but we've almost reached a saturation of indie 2d platformers with physics based puzzles by now.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="d4v1dbow13"]

d4v1dbow13

Take what you want from it. I'll be playing with a bunch of my friends on a server im going to host. I read somewhere that the servers are going to be compatible for up to 256 players hardware permitting. Just exploring and fighting bosses with my friends, and getting rare new weapons. Maps are 3 miles wide and 1.5 miles deep, way deeper than minecraft. Also has 29 monsters as of the alpha.

I'm an older gamer and although I can appreciate 2D Gameplay that game looks horrible. A good 2D gameplay game for today's age would be something like TRINE...
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 d4v1dbow13

I don't like Minecraft because the combat looks very clumsy and I don't see the point. Couldn't you just use a map editor to make maps for a better and more exciting game?

If you explore, what is the point if you are going to just see more and more of the same? What's the point of building things if it doesn't get you any closer to beating the game?

Falconoffury

ITT:we talk about steam and terraria. Also, its interesting to hear peoples opinions. It may not be your cup of tea, its no CODXX, thats for sure. Im into playing new and unique IPs not the same rehashed games over and over, so when a breath of fresh air like this comes along, Im happy and look forwardto getting my hands on it.

kavlor2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kavlor2
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts

I came across this game in the Minecraft forums otherwise I would not of known about it.I use steam for a lot of games so dont mind at all.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wigan_gamer
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"]It wasn't so much a question as a statement.... Its clear from the trailer it isn't really like minecraft. It makes me mad because a lot of people say "oh look its 2d minecraft"or "minecraft rip off", ign even had an article "minecraft: The platformer"..... gets frustrating saying the same thing to everyone who asks.Same_Jeans_On

You are easily offended.

Indeed he is .

No I was just in a really bad mood yesterday and wasn't in the mood for stupid questions and ignorance.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wigan_gamer
[QUOTE="d4v1dbow13"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry, but what exactly is amazing about this game?FelipeInside

I'm an older gamer and although I can appreciate 2D Gameplay that game looks horrible. A good 2D gameplay game for today's age would be something like TRINE...

Trine has similar combat with the exception of the wizard's spells. Graphics wise it cannot compete with trine, but tbh this game has huge potential to have tonnes of fun content if the developers keep working on it post release.
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 d4v1dbow13

This game is releasing this monday on steam. got moved up from june. GREAT NEWS. got on my hands on an early copy and i can say this game is an amazing good time.cant wait till it is out finally

Xavier_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Xavier_12
Member since 2005 • 824 Posts
I'll be getting on release. Looks like a lot of fun.