TeaTimer.exe error while trying to shut down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by shoeman12 (8744 posts) -

i went to shut down my computer last night (windows vista home premium) and this screen popped up (white spaces are things i removed from the pic, not caused by this error)

so i took a screen shot and pressed cancel then saved the screen shot. but even after pressing cancel the window that says access violation wouldn't close when i clicked on the button or tried to x out of it. then i just shut it down anyway although it gave me this screen. can anyone tell me what TeaTimer.exe is and what this error means?

#2 Posted by X360PS3AMD05 (36303 posts) -
Might by Spybot S&D, it has teatimer that is like an active shield against spyware.
#3 Posted by teddyrob (4557 posts) -
TeaTimer is spybot search and destroy which is running to protect against registry changes that you don't want.
#4 Posted by shoeman12 (8744 posts) -
could be, i have spybot and it runs in the background and always bugs me when something wants to make a registry change.
#5 Posted by teddyrob (4557 posts) -

It can cause a few problems too. If it pops up when you shut down then you don't have time to click it and then the update or program update or whatever you are doing doesn't boot back up correctly.