Team Fortress 2 - Do people often trade for Unique quality weapons?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Explosive_Bagel
Explosive_Bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Explosive_Bagel
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts
I got a couple of unique quality weapons I have in my backpack that I don't really need and would rather trade them for scrap metal. I'm just wondering, do people often trade you scrap metal for them nowadays?
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

That's called scrap banking.  It's a huge waste of time imo since scrap is next to worthless.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
TF2 trade is in its late stages now. If you have extra weapons in your backpack, there's not much point in crafting them or trading them anymore. Scrapbanking still exists in trade servers, but there's not too many new players anymore. Seems to me that TF2 trading is dying now as metal is becoming worthless, as True_Sounds mentioned. I moved a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff from TF2 over to Dota 2 recently because the trading scene in Dota 2 is more lucrative and there's more opportunities for arbitrage.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Common weapons sell for 1 scrap (as long as they're craftable). Since they're so cheap, there's generally more people selling than buying, so you generally have to have a large stock of weapons posted on a trading site to actually sell anything.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
I stopped playing BECAUSE of all that crap. I just couldnt take what the game had become. My siblings and I played 750 hrs before it went F2P and I paid the full $20 back in the day. Was worth it but it would be in the mid 1000s if it hadnt gone F2P and introduced so much random crap.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 metroidfood

I stopped playing BECAUSE of all that crap. I just couldnt take what the game had become. My siblings and I played 750 hrs before it went F2P and I paid the full $20 back in the day. Was worth it but it would be in the mid 1000s if it hadnt gone F2P and introduced so much random crap. Gamesterpheonix

Sounds like someone is poor and Irish.

Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamesterpheonix

[QUOTE="Gamesterpheonix"]I stopped playing BECAUSE of all that crap. I just couldnt take what the game had become. My siblings and I played 750 hrs before it went F2P and I paid the full $20 back in the day. Was worth it but it would be in the mid 1000s if it hadnt gone F2P and introduced so much random crap. metroidfood

Err...I dont get the reference. lol. Should I be offended? I cant be sure. lol. Nonetheless - my statements stand.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

It's sad that TF2 isn't even a game anymore.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroidfood

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="Gamesterpheonix"]I stopped playing BECAUSE of all that crap. I just couldnt take what the game had become. My siblings and I played 750 hrs before it went F2P and I paid the full $20 back in the day. Was worth it but it would be in the mid 1000s if it hadnt gone F2P and introduced so much random crap. Gamesterpheonix

Err...I dont get the reference. lol. Should I be offended? I cant be sure. lol. Nonetheless - my statements stand.

It's a joke referring to hatless people. :P

Anyways, find a decent server and the gameplay is as good as ever, and it's easy to get your hands on the viable weapons that add variety to your playset.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I stopped playing BECAUSE of all that crap. I just couldnt take what the game had become. My siblings and I played 750 hrs before it went F2P and I paid the full $20 back in the day. Was worth it but it would be in the mid 1000s if it hadnt gone F2P and introduced so much random crap. Gamesterpheonix
Dude you don't have to trade to play TF2. In the servers I play on, I see maybe one trade happen every 10 hours.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
I'm not too fund of it either but I usually play on specific servers that doesn't really cater to trading scene and begging people for items all the time.
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gamesterpheonix

[QUOTE="Gamesterpheonix"][QUOTE="metroidfood"]

metroidfood

It's a joke referring to hatless people. :P

Anyways, find a decent server and the gameplay is as good as ever, and it's easy to get your hands on the viable weapons that add variety to your playset.

lol AH. I see. Haha. I guess you see how far removed I am now from the game and the updates. I dont know. I dont doubt that the game is still fun but those other things just put me off. Maybe thats dumb but I just cant like it anymore. I used to come straight home just to play Payload.