Talking to Xbox Live friends while on PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

is there a program, similar to GFWL, that lets you talk to your XBL friends while playing a non-GFWL game? I saw one person on youtube download a game from GFWL marketplace called Tinker and alt-tab'ed , but I'm not sure if that will affect performance of any other games I'm playing.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

is there a program, similar to GFWL, that lets you talk to your XBL friends while playing a non-GFWL game? I saw one person on youtube download a game from GFWL marketplace called Tinker and alt-tab'ed , but I'm not sure if that will affect performance of any other games I'm playing.

heatfanman101

not really no.. gfwl is LINKED to xbl in that achievements in console port titles carry over.. & you can addfriends who have a gfwl/xbl linked account but beyond that ur high n dry..

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 heatfanman101

Are there any games on GFWL that basicly take nothing to run and won't affect performance of another game?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

Are there any games on GFWL that basicly take nothing to run and won't affect performance of another game?

heatfanman101

all the free game packs.. tok toks revenge.. umm deus ex 1 & 2, street figher IV if you set the settings to lowest

stalker SoC on lowest

AoE3

shadowrun

gears of war (i know this sounds funny but its 100% true gears of war 1-3 use the same engine and all are pants easy to play.. im serious a 4 year old media center can play gears of war 3 on high (higher than a console can))

tinker

wheres waldo

world of goo

viva pinata (very good game btw)

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 heatfanman101

[QUOTE="heatfanman101"]

ionusX

all the free game packs.. tok toks revenge.. umm deus ex 1 & 2, street figher IV if you set the settings to lowest

stalker SoC on lowest

AoE3

shadowrun

gears of war (i know this sounds funny but its 100% true gears of war 1-3 use the same engine and all are pants easy to play.. im serious a 4 year old media center can play gears of war 3 on high (higher than a console can))

tinker

wheres waldo

world of goo

I downloaded Tinker and left it on the menu and minimized it. So this won't affect the performance of other games, such as crysis 1/2 and the witcher 2?

w00tcolors169

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 w00tcolors169
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

heatfanman101

The main problem is that GFWL doesn't have party chat support, only private chat support, so you'd only be able to talk to 1 friend at a time.

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts

You could use raptr?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="heatfanman101"]

heatfanman101

stalker SoC on lowest

AoE3

shadowrun

tinker

wheres waldo

world of goo

I downloaded Tinker and left it on the menu and minimized it. So this won't affect the performance of other games, such as crysis 1/2 and the witcher 2?

Depends on your spec imo. Ive been running DS2, and something like 2 other games at the same time before with no real slowdowns.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 heatfanman101

You could use raptr?

Tim_Millington

Doesn't this just track what game you're playing?