This topic is locked from further discussion.

mooncrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mooncrosser
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I installed Syberia and all 3 patches.The game is crashing when I reach the fountain-crossroad at the toy factory.I am using Windows 7,my video- Nvidia 9500.Do anyone knows a solution?When I try to run the game as Windows 98/ME application,it minimizes itself constantly.Thanks in advance!
SpongeC4ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SpongeC4ke
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts

Sounds like a missing file, try reinstall it.

mooncrosser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mooncrosser
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
SpongeC4ke,thanks for helping,but it's not missing file.It loads,than crashes.And besides,1/25 it loads correctly and it doesn't crash.I got no idea what could it be...
Avatar image for deactivated-6005f76c2026d
deactivated-6005f76c2026d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-6005f76c2026d
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem. I suposse that it's happening because of water animation (you can check if you can reach the town bridge - the game crashes there too). I tried to change some options in compatibility mode, but I got always the same result. Have you tried to install winxp on VirtualBox (or other virtual machine) and start the game? Maybe it's the directX's fault? Sorry I'm not helping, but I'm trying to give some ideas. Maybe someone will come up with some solution.
nda38189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nda38189
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I'm having the same problem. Whenever I get to either the bridge or the fountain (which is at the very beginning of the game) the game crashes and exits. I don't know how to solve it - I switched it to Windows 98 compatibility and it still crashes. I tried running it on my Virtual XP mode (I have Windows 7) but it won't run, saying that the 3D accelerator isn't installed on the virtual box, which I can't seem to fix either. Anybody have any new suggestions?
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

I had this problem. I downloaded the game from GOG.com. I upgraded to the new Nvidia drivers and it fixed it for me. The 197.13. Now I'm having another crash problem which requires giving spoilers to explain so I won't. I'm hoping down the road to get it fixed.