SWTOR First Major Content Update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

The Old Republic - Rise of the Rakghouls

http://au.gamespot.com/features/flashpoints-and-fixes-the-old-republic-rise-of-the-rakghouls-6348435/?tag=footer%3Blink

They said they have another space idea that's coming up....interesting...

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

This is on Gamespots front page....

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Johnny_Rock

I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at Gamespot's front page. Five years? Probably more. I only come here for the highbrow PC game discussions. With that said, I knew about the patch.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Does it come with combat parsing? and open APIs?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Johnny_Rock

You'd be surprised how many people don't use this site for anything other than the forums.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

Johnny_Rock
Yeah but I put it here in case anyone missed it...
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]

-wildflower-

I couldn't tell you the last time I looked at Gamespot's front page. Five years? Probably more. I only come here for the highbrow PC game discussions. With that said, I knew about the patch.

I go straight to PC games forum, ALL THE TIME. Rarely do I ever browse the front page.. So, this!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Elann2008
Anyways, cool content for you guys. Sadly, I unsubscribed. I'm back to playing SP games once again. Sorry for my useless post. Maybe when things get more interesting I'll playing TOR again.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Anyways, cool content for you guys. Sadly, I unsubscribed. I'm back to playing SP games once again. Sorry for my useless post. Maybe when things get more interesting I'll playing TOR again. Elann2008
Did u unsubscribe cause of the game or the disconnections?
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Anyways, cool content for you guys. Sadly, I unsubscribed. I'm back to playing SP games once again. Sorry for my useless post. Maybe when things get more interesting I'll playing TOR again. Elann2008

I'm thinking of doing that too. I haven't played a lot of the game but even the little I've played since launched has just worn me out. I like the story presentations but the MMOness is just too much.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Anyways, cool content for you guys. Sadly, I unsubscribed. I'm back to playing SP games once again. Sorry for my useless post. Maybe when things get more interesting I'll playing TOR again. FelipeInside
Did u unsubscribe cause of the game or the disconnections?

Both. I just felt like it was getting stale. Pardon my French. I totally could see why MANY are enjoying TOR, but I'm just not satisfied with what it offers besides the story element to it. I feel like every class I've tried and played extensively, feels lackluster. I'm a big time healing class player and the Sith Sorc feels really bad. To put it simply. With Bounty Hunter, I feel like I'm just spamming the same thing over and over with real no rewarding to it, gameplay-wise. The disconnections are also killing me and there's no point of playing if it's not going to go away. I know that not everyone is experiencing disconnections but I am one of many.

Every class has a damn lightsaber... I know I know it's star wars, but it also makes everything feel so similar, like all classes that are melee are mirror classes. At this point, if I were to continue playing, I would only continue with my bounty hunter, or maybe sith sorc. The rest of the classes just feel the same. Maybe I've play so many MMO's in the past that I'm so damn picky and easily bored by em. But the last three that I've played managed to be totally diffferent from each other (guild wars, WoW, warhammer online). But yeah, I don't know.. I just know it in me that something isn't right and I'm bored of TOR already. I tried logging in tonight and I logged off immediately because I felt instantly like I've done this before, been there - done that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Maybe u played it too much? MMOs specially should be in moderation. I'm still enjoying it (Lvl 33), the story is getting really interesting and there have been some challenging missions. One took me 3 days to complete. I only play 2-3 hrs though x day.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elann2008
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Maybe u played it too much? MMOs specially should be in moderation. I'm still enjoying it (Lvl 33), the story is getting really interesting and there have been some challenging missions. One took me 3 days to complete. I only play 2-3 hrs though x day.

I play 2 hours or less. And if you factor in the disconnections. :P With me, playing an MMO is never too much if it's good. I use to play WoW in excess of 15 hours in a day occasionally on the weekends. If you meant played too much MMO's, then maybe yeah, you're right.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Maybe u played it too much? MMOs specially should be in moderation. I'm still enjoying it (Lvl 33), the story is getting really interesting and there have been some challenging missions. One took me 3 days to complete. I only play 2-3 hrs though x day.

I play 2 hours or less. And if you factor in the disconnections. :P With me, playing an MMO is never too much if it's good. I use to play WoW in excess of 15 hours in a day occasionally on the weekends. If you meant played too much MMO's, then maybe yeah, you're right.

I just see that people that get bored of a game nearly always is because they play too much. I'm not saying this is your case, but I've read time and time again "I'm quitting, I'm so bored of this game... I only play 10 hours x day..." hahahahahha
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Maybe u played it too much? MMOs specially should be in moderation. I'm still enjoying it (Lvl 33), the story is getting really interesting and there have been some challenging missions. One took me 3 days to complete. I only play 2-3 hrs though x day.

I just see that people that get bored of a game nearly always is because they play too much. I'm not saying this is your case, but I've read time and time again "I'm quitting, I'm so bored of this game... I only play 10 hours x day..." hahahahahha

ya it seems 200 hours in, or level 50 is where alot of people are feeling lonely. My buddy rerolled another character on the opposite side, seems fine now.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Dude. Can't wait.

This is the first MMO I've played that I've actually given a damn to stick with it. I'm only a level 20 Sith Sorc. Taking my time and eating up all the lovely dialogue and cruising through some Heroic quests and FP's.

Had to stop for tonight, don't wanna be up till 6 AM. :P

But yeah, can't wait.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

They should release an update that wipes the game from your hard drive and replaces it with something fun.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

They should release an update that wipes the game from your hard drive and replaces it with something fun.

xLittlekillx

Do you feel better now?

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

Lach0121

Do you feel better now?

No, not until this abomination is gone will I feel better.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

xLittlekillx

Do you feel better now?

I have to say this is quite sad.... Plenty of other people are enjoying this game, you wish to have that enjoyment taken from them, because you don't like it, even though you have the option of not playing. Pretty Trolling, and pretty sad.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Still waiting on the FPS fix, textures fix, and ability delay fix. That should be priority number 1.
PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts
Still waiting on the FPS fix, textures fix, and ability delay fix. That should be priority number 1.V4LENT1NE
Texture fix isnt coming. FPS ... well very unlikely to improve much. delay fix is in the works.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

i completely wiped my ati drivers using atimans uninstaller, reinstalled cat 11.12 and Im playing 40-60 fps on high with a 5850m now (1600*900 res). I think it will get better with new drivers too, it was better in the beta until something changed.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

i completely wiped my ati drivers using atimans uninstaller, reinstalled cat 11.12 and Im playing 40-60 fps on high with a 5850m now (1600*900 res). I think it will get better with new drivers too, it was better in the beta until something changed.

TerrorRizzing
Correct me if I am wrong but most games have drivers available from release... why is SWTOR so late? Im using a 6950 ... I dont expect an average looking game to run so poorly. Though it looks nice dont get me wrong, but doesnt push any boundaries.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

It looks like Bioware willl be getting out content patches a lot faster than Blizzard. I hope they can keep it up. Patches keep people playing. Patches every 3-6 months like Blizzard does causes people to take breaks. Inevitably, some of those players that take breaks never come back. It hurts the game over time. If Bioware can get a content patch out once a month, SWTOR will be in great shape.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

It looks like Bioware willl be getting out content patches a lot faster than Blizzard. I hope they can keep it up. Patches keep people playing. Patches every 3-6 months like Blizzard does causes people to take breaks. Inevitably, some of those players that take breaks never come back. It hurts the game over time. If Bioware can get a content patch out once a month, SWTOR will be in great shape.

James00715
Well after this one, their next one is scheduled for march. Looks like they are aiming every 2 months hopefully at minimum xD
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Still waiting on the FPS fix, textures fix, and ability delay fix. That should be priority number 1.V4LENT1NE
They have stated it is priority 1. It's not just apply and fix either, they have to test it first.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Do you feel better now?

Lach0121

I have to say this is quite sad.... Plenty of other people are enjoying this game, you wish to have that enjoyment taken from them, because you don't like it, even though you have the option of not playing. Pretty Trolling, and pretty sad.

Don't bother, he trolls every SWTOR thread. He is a BioWare hater. He probably hasn't even played the game.
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
I only come here for the highbrow PC game discussions.-wildflower-
This made me smile. :)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]I only come here for the highbrow PC game discussions.Gooeykat

What does he mean by highbrow?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

[QUOTE="Gooeykat"][QUOTE="-wildflower-"]I only come here for the highbrow PC game discussions.FelipeInside

What does he mean by highbrow?

He's being facetious, he's saying there is high level of intellectual discussion regarding pc gaming being done here on gamespot forums. Which I rarely see, so assume he's being silly. Most of the time it's trolling andname calling.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

-wildflower-

:lol:

Over time, I've finally figured out I like SP games better as well. OT: From what my buddies who play TOR say, it doesn't need content updates, it needs patches to fix bugs.

terafumos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 terafumos
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts
I find the troll humorous. Why argue with him or take offense? Just let it be. It's a waste of your time.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#35 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

xLittlekillx

Do you feel better now?

It's just a game, you do know understand that right? And here's something really cool......you don't have to play it!! Awesome huh?