Switching to PC - Need advices!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SebCrakpot1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SebCrakpot1234
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

After years of console gaming, I'm leaving for PC. Only problem is I'm a noob in that world and since I've been shopping for a gaming computer I've been more confused than anything on what to pick.

I would prefer a laptop so I can play when I'm not home but I'm guessing I will have to reconsider this... One thing I'm scared of is paying the big price and then having to buy a new one in 1-3 years because it's out of date and I can't play recent games anymore, cause I like to get games like Borderlands 2, AC3, FC3, Dishonored on release dates or not long after.

So from what I understood maybe I need a non-integrated graphic card so I can change/upgrade it? Or maybe there's graphic cards you can just update by downloading a newer driver?

Also, I noticed by using ''Can you run it'' that a game like Dishonored requires a CPU of at least 3Ghz but when I looked at all top gaming laptops they were all around 2.5 Ghz, only gaming PCs were 3 Ghz and above so this would mean some games or just impossible to be played on laptops?

Another thing confusing is all numbers beside for example NVIDIA Ge force XXXX... does the higher number means it better?

Anyway, thanks for any advices or information anyone can give me. It would really help me and be much appreciated!

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funkyzoom
Member since 2005 • 1534 Posts

After years of console gaming, I'm leaving for PC. Only problem is I'm a noob in that world and since I've been shopping for a gaming computer I've been more confused than anything on what to pick.

I would prefer a laptop so I can play when I'm not home but I'm guessing I will have to reconsider this... One thing I'm scared of is paying the big price and then having to buy a new one in 1-3 years because it's out of date and I can't play recent games anymore, cause I like to get games like Borderlands 2, AC3, FC3, Dishonored on release dates or not long after.

So from what I understood maybe I need a non-integrated graphic card so I can change/upgrade it? Or maybe there's graphic cards you can just update by downloading a newer driver?

Also, I noticed by using ''Can you run it'' that a game like Dishonored requires a CPU of at least 3Ghz but when I looked at all top gaming laptops they were all around 2.5 Ghz, only gaming PCs were 3 Ghz and above so this would mean some games or just impossible to be played on laptops?

Another thing confusing is all numbers beside for example NVIDIA Ge force XXXX... does the higher number means it better?

Anyway, thanks for any advices or information anyone can give me. It would really help me and be much appreciated!

SebCrakpot1234

Congratulations for choosing to migrate to a PC for gaming! As you'll soon realize, it will be the best decision you've taken. I've been a PC gamer all my life, and never played games on consoles. So I'll answer your questions.

Firstly, PC games look and perform best on desktops rather than laptops. A powerful gaming laptop costs much more than an equally powerful desktop. For desktops, you can use a big screen monitor, attach 5.1 or 7.1 surround speakers etc.(this can probably be done on laptops too, not very sure). Also, gaming on a desktop is much more comfortable than on a laptop. And its much less expensive to upgrade a desktop than a laptop. Considering all this, I would definitely suggest you got for a gaming desktop instead of a laptop.

To answer your second question, yes you do need a non integrated graphics card to play the latest games. Its expensive in case of laptops. But for desktops, its just an add on card which you can replace by yourself in the comfort of your home. Its that easy. And no, its not possible to upgrade your graphics card by just updating your driver. Graphics card is a hardware component, which can be upgraded only by physically replacing it with a more powerful one.

Now to answer your third question. That 3Ghz you see on "Can you run it" is probably for a dual core processor, which means 2 processors running at 3 Ghz each. But the ones for the laptops which you observed, might be quad core or more. That is, it might contain 4 or more processors, each running at 2.5 Ghz. Obviously 4 processors running at 2.5 Ghz each is more powerful than 2 processors running at 3 Ghz each. Actually, I'm not 100% confident about this theory, but its probably quite accurate. In any case, a powerful gaming desktop will surely outperform a gaming laptop. So for gaming, a desktop is definitely recommended over a laptop.

Now to answer your final question. Its not always true that higher number on a graphics card represents better performance. The first digit of that number specifies the graphic card's generation, and the others indicate the power and performance. Its rather difficult to explain here.

If you have any more queries, you can email me on sunil_u123@hotmail.com, and I'll definitely provide answers. Hope I helped you. :)

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

My experience with laptops is getting one that is comparable to a desktop PC requires a lot more money. If you do get an awesome one, it will likely need a lot of power and kill your battery when you are travelling. Also, it appears to be much more difficult to upgrade laptops, especially if you are buying proprietary ones that do not allow upgrades. Admittedly, I have not messed with laptop upgrades at all, so I am no expert on this.

With that in mind I would first try and find a friend that is a bit computer savvy and find out how to build/upgrade desktops. You can also probably find guides on Youtube if this person is not avail. It is fairly simple and once you are a bit proficient you can keep your PC maintained at minimal cost. The initial PC will probably run you around $700-1000 if you want to run the newer games at mid to high settings (this includes Windows software, monitor, case, etc). If you want a beast you can easily build one for $1500 and up. I would stay away from pre-built PCs. Alienware computers and such can be built yourself for almost half the cost.

Once you have a PC built, you probably only need to upgrade every few years and if you built enough initial RAM (memory sticks) all you really need to upgrade is the graphics card. I have had my current motherboard and CPU combo for about 5 years and have only had to upgrade my RAM and graphics card once. I splooged on the graphics card a bit and have only spent about $500 in upgrades. Also, keep in mind the recommended settings that you see on the game descriptions are very broad guidelines. Several years ago, I was playing a game that required a 2700 Mhz processory with my 1100 and it worked just fine.

As far as a laptop is concerned. I'm not sure how your income is, but if you want to get a laptop in addition to the PC, you could probably get one for $500+. This will not play a lot of the newer games at high settings, but you can use it for some of the indie games that do not require powerhouses. In your case, if you are new to PC gaming, you can play a lot of the amazing older games you missed on just about any decent laptop. This is generally what I do if I am travelling somewhere.

This is probably more of a hardware discussion thread, but here is a list of what you need for a PC. Sorry if I am oversimplifying here (not sure what your experience is):

Motherboard (mainboard) and CPU (processor) - Make sure these are compatible. Also, you will have to choose AMD or Intel (both are great for different reasons, but you may want to research)

RAM (memory)

Video card - also need to check compatibility with your mainboard

Hard drive

Case and Power supply (a lot of the time these are not sold together

Monitor, Windows software, keyboard, mouse, etc

SebCrakpot1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SebCrakpot1234

[QUOTE="SebCrakpot1234"]

funkyzoom

Congratulations for choosing to migrate to a PC for gaming! As you'll soon realize, it will be the best decision you've taken. I've been a PC gamer all my life, and never played games on consoles. So I'll answer your questions.

Firstly, PC games look and perform best on desktops rather than laptops. A powerful gaming laptop costs much more than an equally powerful desktop. For desktops, you can use a big screen monitor, attach 5.1 or 7.1 surround speakers etc.(this can probably be done on laptops too, not very sure). Also, gaming on a desktop is much more comfortable than on a laptop. And its much less expensive to upgrade a desktop than a laptop. Considering all this, I would definitely suggest you got for a gaming desktop instead of a laptop.

To answer your second question, yes you do need a non integrated graphics card to play the latest games. Its expensive in case of laptops. But for desktops, its just an add on card which you can replace by yourself in the comfort of your home. Its that easy. And no, its not possible to upgrade your graphics card by just updating your driver. Graphics card is a hardware component, which can be upgraded only by physically replacing it with a more powerful one.

Now to answer your third question. That 3Ghz you see on "Can you run it" is probably for a dual core processor, which means 2 processors running at 3 Ghz each. But the ones for the laptops which you observed, might be quad core or more. That is, it might contain 4 or more processors, each running at 2.5 Ghz. Obviously 4 processors running at 2.5 Ghz each is more powerful than 2 processors running at 3 Ghz each. Actually, I'm not 100% confident about this theory, but its probably quite accurate. In any case, a powerful gaming desktop will surely outperform a gaming laptop. So for gaming, a desktop is definitely recommended over a laptop.

Now to answer your final question. Its not always true that higher number on a graphics card represents better performance. The first digit of that number specifies the graphic card's generation, and the others indicate the power and performance. Its rather difficult to explain here.

If you have any more queries, you can email me on sunil_u123@hotmail.com, and I'll definitely provide answers. Hope I helped you. :)

You did help me! Thanks for answering every questions I had and explaining it to me... I'm definitely a bit smarter now! I think I'll follow your advice and go for a desktop since it has all those advantages that I do want. I will play most of time at home so really it isn't that necessary for me to sacrifice quality, durability and spend more to get a gaming laptop. I already own a normal laptop which really is enough to pass time when away. Thanks for giving me your e-mail, I'm writing it down... I appreciate you took the time to reply to my post!

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

welcome! i made the switch earlier this year and will never go back :)

SebCrakpot1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SebCrakpot1234

My experience with laptops is getting one that is comparable to a desktop PC requires a lot more money. If you do get an awesome one, it will likely need a lot of power and kill your battery when you are travelling. Also, it appears to be much more difficult to upgrade laptops, especially if you are buying proprietary ones that do not allow upgrades. Admittedly, I have not messed with laptop upgrades at all, so I am no expert on this.

With that in mind I would first try and find a friend that is a bit computer savvy and find out how to build/upgrade desktops. You can also probably find guides on Youtube if this person is not avail. It is fairly simple and once you are a bit proficient you can keep your PC maintained at minimal cost. The initial PC will probably run you around $700-1000 if you want to run the newer games at mid to high settings (this includes Windows software, monitor, case, etc). If you want a beast you can easily build one for $1500 and up. I would stay away from pre-built PCs. Alienware computers and such can be built yourself for almost half the cost.

Once you have a PC built, you probably only need to upgrade every few years and if you built enough initial RAM (memory sticks) all you really need to upgrade is the graphics card. I have had my current motherboard and CPU combo for about 5 years and have only had to upgrade my RAM and graphics card once. I splooged on the graphics card a bit and have only spent about $500 in upgrades. Also, keep in mind the recommended settings that you see on the game descriptions are very broad guidelines. Several years ago, I was playing a game that required a 2700 Mhz processory with my 1100 and it worked just fine.

As far as a laptop is concerned. I'm not sure how your income is, but if you want to get a laptop in addition to the PC, you could probably get one for $500+. This will not play a lot of the newer games at high settings, but you can use it for some of the indie games that do not require powerhouses. In your case, if you are new to PC gaming, you can play a lot of the amazing older games you missed on just about any decent laptop. This is generally what I do if I am travelling somewhere.

This is probably more of a hardware discussion thread, but here is a list of what you need for a PC. Sorry if I am oversimplifying here (not sure what your experience is):

Motherboard (mainboard) and CPU (processor) - Make sure these are compatible. Also, you will have to choose AMD or Intel (both are great for different reasons, but you may want to research)

RAM (memory)

Hard drive

Amigro
I like your idea of getting a normal laptop when away, I already have one so I think I'll keep it. Your opinion seem to converge with the post above you I think I will go with a desktop just like you both proposed. Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps me make up my mind. I might look into building my own PC if its that worth it, I will do some research to see if it's something I have to ability to do or if it's too complicated for me. Out of curiosity I wonder if you can build your own laptop too...
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts
[QUOTE="Amigro"]

RAM (memory)

Hard drive

SebCrakpot1234
I like your idea of getting a normal laptop when away, I already have one so I think I'll keep it. Your opinion seem to converge with the post above you I think I will go with a desktop just like you both proposed. Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps me make up my mind. I might look into building my own PC if its that worth it, I will do some research to see if it's something I have to ability to do or if it's too complicated for me. Out of curiosity I wonder if you can build your own laptop too...

If you have any questions, don't forget to swing by the Computer Hardware Discussion board right here on Gamespot.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
I came here to check this thread out and see if I can help, but I suddenly feel like I walked into a cult meeting...
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10557 Posts

don't discount a laptop. i picked up an asus laptop several months ago for gaming on the go with an i7 cpu, 8gb ram and an nvidia 635m card. it only cost £740 but will max most games out at 1600 x 900 easily.

perfect for those days you get in from work and want to just chill infront of the tv instead of having to climb all those stairs to go up to your gaming pc

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 General_X

don't discount a laptop. i picked up an asus laptop several months ago for gaming on the go with an i7 cpu, 8gb ram and an nvidia 635m card. it only cost £740 but will max most games out at 1600 x 900 easily.

perfect for those days you get in from work and want to just chill infront of the tv instead of having to climb all those stairs to go up to your gaming pc

Macutchi
Gaming laptops are okay, in the short-term, but when upgrade time rolls around you might wish you could just replace graphics card instead of the whole machine. Personally I only recommend gaming laptops to frequent movers, people who travel for business quite a bit and want to play games on the side, or those with a lot of disposable income where replacing a machine every 3-6 years is feasible.
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts
I would highly recommend getting some basic PC building knowledge. It is not nearly as complicated as it sounds and I'm sure you can find how-to's online. You will save a metric f**ton of money. The laptop building market may be a bit more difficult. Good luck!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

I came here to check this thread out and see if I can help, but I suddenly feel like I walked into a cult meeting...mav_destroyer
you sure did pumkinmon

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.FelipeInside

I know, I feel like some people feel they have to limit themselves otherwise they can't control their spending though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.Masenkoe

I know, I feel like some people feel they have to limit themselves otherwise they can't control their spending though.

I guess that's a good point, but as long as you don't buy/play the same game on both systems then the spending is the same.
funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funkyzoom

I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.FelipeInside

See, most people won't have enough money to own both a console and a gaming PC, so they have to choose one. And I'm sure that console gamers who try gaming on the PC, will be reluctant to return to consoles. I've never owned a console in my life, but most of my console gaming friends never returned to consoles once they began gaming on the PC, except for console exclusive titles.

funkyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funkyzoom

I would highly recommend getting some basic PC building knowledge. It is not nearly as complicated as it sounds and I'm sure you can find how-to's online. You will save a metric f**ton of money. The laptop building market may be a bit more difficult. Good luck!Amigro

You're absolutely right, building your own PC turns out much cheaper than buying a branded pre-built PC. Besides, you'll have the privilege of handpicking the various components as per your liking.

Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="Amigro"]

RAM (memory)

Hard drive

SebCrakpot1234

It is possible to build your own laptop, but its very fiddly, and you don't save much more money.

mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts

I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds.I'm leaving PC for consoles....I'm leaving consoles for PC...News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.FelipeInside

This is so true

See, most people won't have enough money to own both a console and a gaming PC, so they have to choose one. And I'm sure that console gamers who try gaming on the PC, will be reluctant to return to consoles. I've never owned a console in my life, but most of my console gaming friends never returned to consoles once they began gaming on the PC, except for console exclusive titles.funkyzoom

Not necessarily, you can get an affordable mid-range PC which would still play most games on High performance and still have enough for a console. I got a laptop which isn't a gaming laptop or even high spec and I could still play most of the recent games very nicely.

I think there are 2 types of PC gamers. There's normal or casual if you will gamers who don't fret about having crazy specs. And there's power PC players who must have the latest cutting edge specs and super huge monitors and expensive peripherals for their PCs. Yeah I understand the 2nd category not being able to invest on console, heck they'd probably not be interested to anyway.

I must be in the minority of PC players who actually want to play on consoles rather than PC. I just think games on consoles are an overall better value and experience.

you sure did pumkinmon

ionusX

xD right?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.funkyzoom

See, most people won't have enough money to own both a console and a gaming PC, so they have to choose one. And I'm sure that console gamers who try gaming on the PC, will be reluctant to return to consoles. I've never owned a console in my life, but most of my console gaming friends never returned to consoles once they began gaming on the PC, except for console exclusive titles.

Good point, but a console is cheap these days. It's cheaper than say a mortgage payment, or an electricity bill. A PC on the other hand, a good gaming PC costs a bit more. But I see ur point. Saying that, if ur "coming" from one platform, then you're not leaving anything since you technically STILL OWN that platform.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.FelipeInside

Good point, but a console is cheap these days. It's cheaper than say a mortgage payment, or an electricity bill. A PC on the other hand, a good gaming PC costs a bit more. But I see ur point. Saying that, if ur "coming" from one platform, then you're not leaving anything since you technically STILL OWN that platform.

And lets be honest, you don't have to switch if you already own one and just want to move to another. This guy has a console already, he can enjoy both, I don't understand why someone would limit themselves purposefully when both system get some really amazing games.

Plus, when buying a gaming PC, its not likeyou have a single static price. With some smart shopping you could save hundreds of dollars.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

About the graphic cards;

The main brands are ATI (now owned by AMD) and Nvidea.

The cards are always from a specific generation, and then you have budget, medium and hardcore versions of the cards.

The first number is the gen. second is the quality of the version.

So for Nvidea the 580 is gen 5 and the 80 is quite hardcore. a 520 is gen 5 but budget / entry level, and is very weak in comparison and not recommended for gaming.

A last gen 460 will be better than a new gen 520 for example, so gen doesn't say that much.

For current AMD cards it's the same. 6950 would be 'gen' 6, followed by 950, so a rather hardcore card.

The gen between amd and Nvidea isn't the same timeline. Amd's 7xxx gen is compareable to Nvidea 6xx generation.

Every couple of years the gen gets reset to a different series, but the basics are always the same.

In general for a gaming pc you want to go with a Nvideo x60 for middle of the road or x70, x80 or higher for long lasting gaming, or the AMD x600 or higher as equivelant.

It's a bit of a hassle to explain, but I hope this makes some sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

welcome! i made the switch earlier this year and will never go back :)

Flubbbs

I was last year and feel the same

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

[QUOTE="funkyzoom"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I still don't understand why people can't just have the best of both worlds. I'm leaving PC for consoles.... I'm leaving consoles for PC... News Flash: YOU don't have to leave anything.FelipeInside

If you sold the conosle and its games/accesories to raise money for a decent PC then you dont own that platform any more.

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts

About the graphic cards;

The main brands are ATI (now owned by AMD) and Nvidea.

The cards are always from a specific generation, and then you have budget, medium and hardcore versions of the cards.

The first number is the gen. second is the quality of the version.

So for Nvidea the 580 is gen 5 and the 80 is quite hardcore. a 520 is gen 5 but budget / entry level, and is very weak in comparison and not recommended for gaming.

A last gen 460 will be better than a new gen 520 for example, so gen doesn't say that much.

For current AMD cards it's the same. 6950 would be 'gen' 6, followed by 950, so a rather hardcore card.

The gen between amd and Nvidea isn't the same timeline. Amd's 7xxx gen is compareable to Nvidea 6xx generation.

Every couple of years the gen gets reset to a different series, but the basics are always the same.

In general for a gaming pc you want to go with a Nvideo x60 for middle of the road or x70, x80 or higher for long lasting gaming, or the AMD x600 or higher as equivelant.

It's a bit of a hassle to explain, but I hope this makes some sense.

PetJel
This is actually a very informative post, thanks. I have been thinking of upgrading my pc and going with PC/WiiU and not going with MS next gen, so I have been poking around to see what I need to do to upgrade. All the different kinds/numbers on the graphics cards and trying to decide which was better was a bit confusing. I am by no means a very technical person and I have never been a big pc gamer, with the exception of Quake and vanilla WoW years ago. The last time I upgraded my computer was 2-3 years ago. At the time it was considered a mid-grade comp. I could pretty much play whatever I wanted on it, but I couldn't use max settings. I would always have to keep everything middle of the road.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.
General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 General_X
Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.SKaREO
I assume you own a computer (most people aren't able to completely transition to smartphones/tablets yet) So why would you buy a separate machine for gaming and computer tasks, when one machine can do both and better? A gaming PC also has the most diverse library compared to any (and in some cases, all) of the consoles. And the $2000 quote is so flagrantly wrong that it is hardly worth discussing, but just to throw something out there I NEVER recommend spending more than $1500 on a computer, and that amount of money will get you some of the highest end parts available (any more than that mark and the price/performance scale goes way way out of whack). But fairly competent gaming computers start around $600, and once you have the base a $150-$300 set of upgrades every 3-5 YEARS is usually more than enough to stay relevant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.SKaREO

All I see is verbal Diarrhea in that post

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Name one, even the worst ports like GTA4 are still better on PC.

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

Awesome man, you will love it. Make sure you not only check out the casual AAA titles with those amazing graphics. I find that those usually suck big time, but hey i am weird. You might want to check out my youtube channel to see some games that are truly amazing but overlooked by many. www.youtube.nl/madmenyo

I am sure you will love PC gaming because it has everything the consoles have to offer times ten.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

best piece of advice I can give you is to build your own. Its not that bad; if you can plug something into an electrical socket, and build something out of LEGOs, you have all the skills you need to make a PC. Do some research, consult the hardware forums, and you will find yourself saving hundreds of dollars.

next, download some demos, see what you like, and then buy.

multiplayer is where its at on PC, though, and I recommend Torchlight 2, Battlefield 3, Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Guild Wars 2 (if an MMO interests you)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.seanmcloughlin

wtfnopoopforyou_wide.jpg

for reals

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

you sure did pumkinmon

mav_destroyer

xD right?

@ 1min:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYs61jIJTg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.mrbojangles25

wtfnopoopforyou_wide.jpg

for reals

+1 for south park reference :lol:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Not much point to owning a PC anymore unless you plan on being a professional gamer. All the casual titles available on the PC are also on consoles. Some exclusive games you can' even get on the PC, and even if you do, they run like crap on anything but a console. So in short, unless you want to spend around $2000 on your PC and you intend to play the most challenging multiplayer games in the world, stick to the console.seanmcloughlin

Verbal Diarrhea is all he posts.