Swearing and violent content in What Remains of Edith Finch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Secondlyduck (3 posts) -

I've been reading up on the game and am considering a purchase, but am curious as to the swearing and violence in the game. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency when it comes to reviews and information on this game. Is there swearing in it? Some say there is none, yet the rating itself says there is language. Just curious. Thanks in advance.

#2 Edited by Yazu13 (5185 posts) -

Secondlyduck marked this as the best answer

@secondlyduck: It never jumped out at me if there was bad language, and as for violence, nothing overt. The ESRB rating says there's blood in it, but it's just fish blood from the scene at the cannery. It's a really tame game overall, and any darker themes it handles it tries to keep light or ambiguous. It's really close to an E-rated game, but the story is very mature and kids probably wouldn't appreciate it. Any references to mature things like drugs affects the rating as well, as one of the Finches is a hippie-type who has a bong in his room, but you don't ever actually see anyone smoking weed.

#3 Posted by SaintSatan (1986 posts) -

@secondlyduck said:

I've been reading up on the game and am considering a purchase, but am curious as to the swearing and violence in the game. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency when it comes to reviews and information on this game. Is there swearing in it? Some say there is none, yet the rating itself says there is language. Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Always go by the rating.

#4 Edited by Secondlyduck (3 posts) -

@Yazu13: Thanks, dude. I appreciate your input!