Supreme Commander or Command and Conquer 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eric2980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Eric2980
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts
I would have to say Command and Conquer 3. After playing the Supreme Commander and C&C3 demo, C&C3 looks better and is much faster gameplay than SC. I'm not saying SC is not a fast game or a bad game, it just takes a while to finish a skirmish/match, 1 hr. + in SC compared to 10 minutes in C&C3. I like C&C3 better because the graphics are sharp, the gameplay is fast, and the return of familiar faces and controls makes it easy to pick up and play.

So what do you think? SC or C&C3. (or both...)
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
I have Supcom, and have playing it extensively and playing the C&C demo for a couple days.... C&C. Much for fast faced, fluid and very well polished. Gerat fun
Josh9321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Josh9321
Member since 2003 • 203 Posts
    I have Supreme Commander and I haven't really played it ever since the patch becuase of the patch screwed with all the save files so they don't work but I have always loved CnC series and this looks like a good game that will add the series.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

i've finished the C&C 3 demo - it was awesome and it had good graphics and effects + the short movies are in excellent quality, about Supreme Commander i'll dl it tomorrow

c_doody_1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 c_doody_1999
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

i was disapointed with the C&C 3 demo and rely pleasently suprised with sup com, atm its sup com hands down and im a big tiberian sun fan,

i doubt that tiberium wars will change much at this point.

broro2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 broro2323
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
i think that supreme commander is a much better game because it has new innovations that are not shown in command anc q. thats why c&c seems like such an old game inlight of much newsrs games and stupz. im gonna buy boths mbyrt i thinks ztaszxc
A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts
definitely supcom

the vast, expansive battles and that you have to use actual thought in your combat approach (a massive zerg can easily be beaten unless you have all the right unit counters, although the game is a little zergy) make for an incredibly deep and satisfying experience, especially when you throw in the massive, massive map size - battles will frequently take place at several points on the map at the same time, which is just awesome

the only thing supcom needs right now is something it's already definitely gonna get - a massive mod community, once it has that, it'll be the rts until, probably, dawn of war 2

command and conquer on the other hand is really more rts lite, you build a base and you spam out some units and you build harvesters and you spam out some more units and blah blah blah it's the same as every other command and conquer game - don't get me wrong, i loved c&c back in the day - but the genre has moved on, how many people want to play this same-game-new-name rubbish that ea keeps putting out?

the sad answer is a lot of people

yeah, c&c is fast paced and fun, but there's already a whole ton of fast paced and fun rts games out there, they're called the command and conquer games, do we really need another one to throw on the pile? another game with utterly no innovation? it's more or less literally the same as red alert 2, minus a few visual changes - it's so tragic that the series that kickstarted the genre has come to this - the rts genre is perhaps the most refined and evolving genre, and yet the command and conquer games have been so consistenly behind the curve that it's mindboggling how popular the series remains

i'm sure there's a graphics overhaul mod for the original c&c out there somewhere, why not just get that instead? it's pretty much all c&c3 is

this was not supposed to be such a rant, but i am angry and hungry like a giant fat angry hungry baby
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
SupCom sucks. I have it and hate it and I'm returning it to EB tomorrow. I thought the C&C3 demo was a bit shallow but it has fast fun action. I pick that.
Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
I go with SupCom.
Nullerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nullerman
Member since 2004 • 234 Posts
Im disapointet in both. Ill wait for starcraft 2, until then starcraft will remain the greatest RTS of all time.
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
C&C3
sergio_afonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sergio_afonso
Member since 2004 • 460 Posts
If you want inovation and great battles with great tactics you have to choose Supreme Comander!!
Shishacoda67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shishacoda67
Member since 2005 • 79 Posts
I have played both demo's and they are both different rtszzz. You cant really compare, but if you ask me, supcom takes a while to get through a game, and the deepness in stratagy is great, but to deep. Tiberium Wars was a pretty cool demo and I lean towards this game because it doesnt take hours to finish one game, also i think it is waaay better, but that is my byist opinion.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Supreme Commander

SLandeRR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SLandeRR
Member since 2007 • 301 Posts
definetly C&C as supcom brings even the best systems to their knees
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeryGo  Moderator
lol so far half of gamers say Supreme Commander and the other half say C&C 3 - so eventually i think you'll need to try their demos or if you've tried them already and don't know what to choose simply buy both of them
accord100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 accord100
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Actually look here for answers http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25413155
and vote too!

It looks like 50% are going with CC3,  25% is voting for SupCom and another 25% voted BOTH.
BeyondItAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeyondItAll
Member since 2006 • 1739 Posts
Ya thats what happens accord when someone posts the link to that forum on the CnC 3 forums, so surprising :/ Seriously that thread really means nothing, it all depends on who happens to see it, but yes CnC does really have much more wide appeal as it at heart is a very shallow simplistic game so it's not surprising. CnC 3 vs Supcom is like Ridge Racer Vs GTR2 I'll go with the later as I'm into deeper gaming experiences :) if you want a good tactical RTS Company of Heroes is a far, far better game.
Avatar image for jonny5stacksass
jonny5stacksass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jonny5stacksass
Member since 2005 • 1485 Posts
C&C3 works very fluid and fun engaging experiance.  Supereme Commander makes you really sit there for hours for little benefit...yea I know you can zoom in and out...just not enough for me to stay interested...80% of the time im looking at symbols not actual battles...Im sure the rts hardcore fans will never stop playin supreme commader..CNC3 demo kept my attention more then SupCom.
speed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 speed1
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts
Cnc3.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19583 Posts
From what I've heard/seen, SupCom is just Total Annihilation on a larger map, and C&C3 is just C&C with better graphics...

Still, my vote goes for C&C, due to the HD FMV movies :D.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GeryGo  Moderator
From what I've heard/seen, SupCom is just Total Annihilation on a larger map, and C&C3 is just C&C with better graphics...

Still, my vote goes for C&C, due to the HD FMV movies :D.
Planeforger
yeah their movies have awesome quality
Roofusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Roofusz
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Just buy both...(like I do..) They're worth it.
Roofusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Roofusz
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Just buy both...(like I do..) They're worth it.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
C&C 3, even though as far as "strategy" is concerned, SupCom is the better game, it's just too slow for me to go online, have a match with someone, then hop offline and go about my daily business. It's that what makes me pick C&C 3. I love the fast pace, especially now that they made it even faster than RA2. The graphics do not matter alot to me, though I am suprised how stable it runs even with lots of units on screens. So yeah, C&C 3 for me, because I simply do not have the time to get deeply involved in SupCom, even though I am enjoying the game greatly.
Jagg3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jagg3d
Member since 2007 • 773 Posts

Just played the demo of both of them finally, Supreme Commander is interesting thought but somehow spending 30 minutes building before I can attack doesn't really sit with me.

C&C on the other hand allows massive spamming and quick upgrades and not a ridiculously complicated tech tree.  So my vote would go C&C especially with all the clan support and stuff.  I will see though, I've been needing a new RTS over my current FPS's

Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts

Comand & Conquer 3 for me :) HD movies Kane and the return of the Mamoth Tank :D what more could you ned. Also people say "Its just the origional C&C with new graphics" But it aint broke dont fix it. And I've also noticed that snce the demo was launched there's no more "It runs on the SAGE engin which is awful" which I think is funny :lol: