rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rogueace127
Member since 2005 • 680 Posts

A few weeks ago I clean reinstalled Windows 7 with the hopes of upgrading to Win 10. Well that didn't work out, so I reverted back to Win 7. But ever since then, my PC has been having major FPS issues. Sometimes my games would run perfectly, like it was before the reinstall, but sometimes the framerate would be super low, like around 8 FPS. Restarting the computer fixes the issue, but I want to fix this permanently so I wouldn't have to keep starting and restarting my PC every time I want to play a damn game.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel 3570k
GPU: GTX670
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB

All my graphics drivers are updated, my Windows updates are updated, I don't know what else I could do. :/ Please halp.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4401 Posts

When you reverted back - did you do another clean install of 7?

It may be best to just wipe and do a clean install of 7 if you haven't done that already.

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueace127

No, I didn't do another install after reverting because clean installs are a pain in the ass. My computer thinks all my steam and Uplay games are not installed even though they are, just on a different drive and I have to go back and "redownload" each one (although it discovers the old files, it still takes a long time).

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
@rogueace127 said:

No, I didn't do another install after reverting because clean installs are a pain in the ass. My computer thinks all my steam and Uplay games are not installed even though they are, just on a different drive and I have to go back and "redownload" each one (although it discovers the old files, it still takes a long time).

Seems to me like staying with that reverted mess is even more pain in the ass, if nothing works... just be a man, and do the clean install.

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rogueace127

All right, wise guys. I've clean reinstalled my OS yet again. Updated Windows Updates, drivers, GPU drivers, everything. Same frickin problem. If I put my computer to sleep, then turn it on again, FPS across all games will be low. Then I do a restart, and it works perfectly. I honestly don't know what the problem is. And for the record, my OS is installed on a SSD, while my games, videos, programs, etc. are all on my HDD.

TLDR: games have low fps coming out of sleep mode, restarting PC fixes it.

Halp.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

have you tried monitoring cpu/gpu after the computer recovers from sleep and you start a game? could be the gpu running on very low clocks, you could try changing em mildly on msi afterburner f.e. It could also be ram issue and as funny as it sounds windows may have screwed your powr settings(yes I've seen that happen on desktop). If windows is not recovering properly from sleep mode you could also try killing explorer.exe and restarting it. Worst case you'll have to do new clean install of win7

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Just get an SSD and forget about BS like sleep mode - PC will boot just as fast.

I don't get it. You know that the issue is caused by sleep mode but you keep using it and even do several win reinstalls to have this useless "feature". It is really that hard to wait a minute while PC is booting up?

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueace127

@howmakewood said:

have you tried monitoring cpu/gpu after the computer recovers from sleep and you start a game?

How do I do this?

rogueace127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueace127

@rmpumper said:

Just get an SSD and forget about BS like sleep mode - PC will boot just as fast.

I don't get it. You know that the issue is caused by sleep mode but you keep using it and even do several win reinstalls to have this useless "feature". It is really that hard to wait a minute while PC is booting up?

Read my previous post. I do have an SSD, and no, it won't boot up as fast out of sleep. And I do use sleep mode because I didn't have a problem with this before the reinstall, so I want figure out why it's doing this.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

@rogueace127 said:
@howmakewood said:

have you tried monitoring cpu/gpu after the computer recovers from sleep and you start a game?

How do I do this?

GPU-Z + MSI Afterburner

SuperClocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperClocks
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

Try disabling your Intel IGP (integrated graphics processor).