Subscribing to websites? (Fileplanet, fileshack, etc.)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts

I have been wondering if subscribing to a paid account be a good investment. They aren't exactly expensive and there are some benefits.

Do any of you guys subscribe? Which site? How is it?

TheC0m1ssar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 TheC0m1ssar
Member since 2006 • 1094 Posts

I myself don't have any subscriptions, but I'd say FilePlanet, because they're the ones that seem to have all the betas, scoops, demos, and just about everything needed for an online PC gamer.

Especially the betas, they ALWAYS get the betas.

Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts

It's okay, but the subscription renewals can kick you in the butt if don't pay yearly and forget the next 3 or 6 month bill is due.

But like places like Gamespy, no wait, so you can get your files without being queued.

If you're an avid gamer it helps with downloading huge patches and demos (500+kbps speed sure beats 128/256kbps speeds from free options).

captalchol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 captalchol
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
I subscribe here and I wouldn't go back. Getting my max bandwidth(about 850kb/sec) on all my demo downloads and miscellaneous videos and such is great. Plus I got 2 free magazine subscriptions when i joined.
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2379 Posts
I've yet to run across any site that had a paid subscription that was worth it, yet. Sorry but I don't see the point behind paying to download demos or patches. Sure my download speed will be a little faster but if you're in that much of a hurry perhaps you shouldn't be wasting your time on the internet in the first place. I do pay for online services occasionally like filehosting. The free accounts usually don't offer as much space as I want or need.
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
I subscribe here... The no ads is fantastic and I get over a meg a second on downloads. His res videos are great too... Would never go back. I'm going to subscribe to Fileplanet cause all the new releases seem to be there and waiting 1000 places in line (Insurgency) is just annoying. Plus theres hit points (free games) and no ads would be nice too. Very inexpensive as well. Gamespot is less than $5 a month for total access (if you pay yearly) so it's well worth it