Street Fighter IV programable crap-sticks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Duckshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Duckshot
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts

I was getting excited over the prospect of playing online SFIV. Then it occured to me, all the n00bs using programable joystick with their one press special moves. It's just going to ruin the game. :cry:

I guess if your really good it would not matter, but still.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts
Thats why i bought it on 360. That, and I don't believe in playing fighting games on the computer. just like how i don't believe strategy games should exist on a console unless keyboard+mouse available.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

Thats why i bought it on 360. That, and I don't believe in playing fighting games on the computer. just like how i don't believe strategy games should exist on a console unless keyboard+mouse available.Aslyum_Beast

there are programmable controllers on the 360, genious...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I doubt you played fighting games on PC if you came to that conclusion >_> in fact I would say the PC has an unfair advantage. PC will have the same combos, it's all about how you can choose your keys so that you can handle 8 of them with ease, that's the similar part, the unfair part lies in the direction keys, making combos that have direction sequences is easier and faster on PC.

Try making combos like left-right-up-down-up-left-left-right-punch/etc, on both keyboard and a gamepad, from my experience, PC gets ultimate combos easier than a console/gamepad and the controls are more accurate, but that's just me, who knows, your so called problems could be real in your case or some others, but imo, it's the other way around.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

[QUOTE="Aslyum_Beast"]Thats why i bought it on 360. That, and I don't believe in playing fighting games on the computer. just like how i don't believe strategy games should exist on a console unless keyboard+mouse available.simardbrad

there are programmable controllers on the 360, genious...

Find me an xbox 360 programmable controller because I have never seen one.
Duckshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Duckshot
Member since 2009 • 223 Posts
I think I'm gonna get an Xbox, might as well so cheap now!
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

I doubt you played fighting games on PC if you came to that conclusion >_> in fact I would say the PC has an unfair advantage. PC will have the same combos, it's all about how you can choose your keys so that you can handle 8 of them with ease, that's the similar part, the unfair part lies in the direction keys, making combos that have direction sequences is easier and faster on PC.

Try making combos like left-right-up-down-up-left-left-right-punch/etc, on both keyboard and a gamepad, from my experience, PC gets ultimate combos easier than a console/gamepad and the controls are more accurate, but that's just me, who knows, your so called problems could be real in your case or some others, but imo, it's the other way around.

DanielDust
Street Fighter doesn't have crazy "left-right-up-down-up-left-left-right-punch/etc" types of moves. SF moves were developed with the arcade stick in mind (curve from down to forward, etc) and unless SF4 has taken some drastic new direction in controls, it will be no different.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

Mike1978Smith
Street Fighter doesn't have crazy "left-right-up-down-up-left-left-right-punch/etc" types of moves. SF moves were developed with the arcade stick in mind (curve from down to forward, etc) and unless SF4 has taken some drastic new direction in controls, it will be no different.

Not what I remember from the NES , MAME and PC versions, and fighting games aren't made exclusively for the joysticks they are made for the D-pad too, and as I said the curve from down to forward (if you don't want to call it down-right which it actually is) can be done faster on a PC imo, and when more complex moves are made the gap widens even more. Anyway that's what I believe and it's like that in my case, if I want to enjoy it I'll play it on a gamepad (and I will) and if I want to beat the ****** out of someone I will use the keyboard, like I always did when I fought with friends ;).