Strange Lines appearing in games today. Picture inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SouthyClare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SouthyClare
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

Started playing rage today and these strange lines appear today. Happens on dead island aswell. Temps are around 50c while playing. anyone got any idea?

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

Are you using beta drivers, and are you sure its not overheating?

SouthyClare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SouthyClare

Yeah using the beta drivers. Well I dont think its overheating as been monitoring it and the most its got up to is 50c. Was fine yesterday

bpthomas85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bpthomas85
Member since 2011 • 150 Posts

50c isnt really all that hot while gaming. as for the lines its a known problem. the beta drivers helped a little but rage is still pretty buggy. also make sure you keep turning vsinc on after you alt tab out because that turns it off for some reason. i havent played dead island yet but ive heard it was really buggy too.

SouthyClare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SouthyClare

It appears if I underclock my card it goes away. Strange thing happening though, when using a buggy on rage on stock settings it drops from 60fps to 30 but the minute I get out the buggy it goes back to 60 but when I underclock the fps stays at 60 even in the buggy

This started to appear now

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Try underclocking your video card's memory.
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
It's possible that your graphics card's memory is damaged. Were you overclocking the card's memory by chance? Most programs only measure your card's core temp.
SouthyClare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SouthyClare

I did try overclocking it around 3 weeks ago but the games I was playing would just close down after a while so I thought that it was just getting to hot and set back to stock settings. I take it I have broken something. Will teach me to not fiddle around with stuff im not 100% sure about :(. On another note if i were to get another 570 could I underclock the card I have now and use it in sli?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I did try overclocking it around 3 weeks ago but the games I was playing would just close down after a while so I thought that it was just getting to hot and set back to stock settings. I take it I have broken something. Will teach me to not fiddle around with stuff im not 100% sure about :(. On another note if i were to get another 570 could I underclock the card I have now and use it in sli?

SouthyClare
As I said just try underclocking the memory.
SouthyClare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SouthyClare

[QUOTE="SouthyClare"]

JigglyWiggly_

Sorry forgot to add I have been. Anything above 1400 seems to cause the problem.

Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="SouthyClare"]

SouthyClare

Sorry forgot to add I have been. Anything above 1400 seems to cause the problem.

Overheating, possibly. I had symptoms exactly like this a while back (on my good old 7900gt) and it turned out to be overheating.