Steam Verification Email is not being sent out.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Killer2401
Member since 2006 • 3431 Posts

For the past three hours I have been trying in vain to figure this out. Steam is asking me to verify my email with them before I can capitalize on some of the great deals going on right now. Problem is, when I hit the "Verify Email Address" button...nothing happens. That is, I get no email. I know for a fact that:

1. I'm using the normal skin.
2. My filters are completely off.
3. I can recive emails from Steam Support.
4. I have tried multiple email addresses, and two computers.

I'm at a loss, and Steam Support is never going to get back to me as usual. I have yethear of a person fix this problem.If anyone could help that would be a Christmas miracle.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DarkblueNinja
Member since 2009 • 1016 Posts
Try to use another Internet Browser?
Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Killer2401
I'm not sure how that would help, since I assume my emails would still get through regardless of me using Chrome, IE, or Firefox. And since the purchase is going through the Steam application...
ver7ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ver7ex
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts
Maybe it is delayed, that you don't receive it instantly? As other has suggested, try other webrowser, clearing cache, through other computer? I am sure there is something wrong with the activation link that you click. You should get confirmation window, that your submission is successfully activated.
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DarkblueNinja
What I mean is don't use Steam App. but go into your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox ect) and go into Steam homepage and signup your account from there.
Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killer2401
The confirmation window pops up and says the email was sent. I can't go throught the homepage and send it as far as I can see unless I try and checkout an order from there. To no suprise, it still didn't work.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
The confirmation window pops up and says the email was sent. I can't go throught the homepage and send it as far as I can see unless I try and checkout an order from there. To no suprise, it still didn't work.Killer2401
I feel kind of bad for pointing out the obvious, but have you white-listed Steam to make sure the email isn't flagged as spam and sent to your trash/junkmail?
Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Killer2401
Nope, again point #2, I have all filters off with no addresses blocked.
NeuroToxino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NeuroToxino
Member since 2010 • 313 Posts

I can confirm this. Same thing happened to me.

DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarkblueNinja

Sorry I think I might read your post wrong here, so I want to make sure. When you say "Verify Email Address" do you mean that you get a E-mail from Steam after you signup an account and just need to click on the "Link" to Verify your E-mail but the link didn't work or do you mean that you didn't get a E-mail with the link to verify your e-mail so you can start use Steam?

Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Killer2401
I've had an account for a while, but I haven't bought anything since Portal quite a ways back. When I try to make a purchase now, I am prompted to verify my email. Same thing would happen if you changed your email, and had to go to settings > verify email. Problem is I don't get the email at all.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Check the spam foldier....
DarkblueNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarkblueNinja

I've had an account for a while, but I haven't bought anything since Portal quite a ways back. When I try to make a purchase now, I am prompted to verify my email. Same thing would happen if you changed your email, and had to go to settings > verify email. Problem is I don't get the email at all.Killer2401
Ah I see it now. I don't have a solution for your problem but I can tell you that Steam is really, really slow at the moment. Some people can't ever received their Receipt e-mail after purchased something on Steam (I'm one of them). It can takes hours to get your e-mail and I don't think its a good Idea to use multi e-mails because it might takes hours for Steam to send the e-mail out and if you use another e-mail then the time will reset and you need to wait all over again.

Killer2401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Killer2401

Alright, once and for all: Since this began I have been checking all available folders on the CHANCE that it might have ended up in there. It hasn't, and my settings should ensure that all emails are going directly to my Inbox.

Edit: Yeah, slowness is my main concern I've heard of similar problems after the cyber monday deals. However, many of those people still complained about not reciving emails still weeks latter. I guess I'll just wait it out, or be forced to never buy something from Steam until I make a new account.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I don't have a solution for your problem but I can tell you that Steam is really, really slow at the moment. DarkblueNinja
The same thing happened during the Summer Insanity sale, and the Black Friday thing... their servers are right now absolutely buried in more traffic than they've had all year up until this point. It might just be delay due to traffic overload.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

It happened to me once Just contact steam support

Also did you wrote the confirmation number with your order somewhere? That is really helpfull

But most likely the email will come. Its just that steram is really slow at prime time due to the huge sales

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8334 Posts

Yeah your suppose to verify with steam if you want to purchase something through their store I believe. I left my tf2 account for a while without verifying until I decided to buy something.

Just send steam an email regarding this problem I guess.