rgmac1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rgmac1994
Member since 2015 • 29 Posts

I'm looking for games that play similarly to Diablo 3 on Steam. I played a friend's ps3 copy, and the combat was fun and I enjoyed the co-op component. Any ideas? Also, please mention any titles that scale down for low-end systems explicitly.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Path of Exile. Free to play my friend.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Torchlight 1-2

The Adventures Of Van Helsing 1-2

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Definately Path of Exile, More complex than D3 but more fun aswell when you reach a certain treshold.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 osan0  Online
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

Titan quest is also good.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Torch Light II. Much better than Path of Exile imo.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Path of Exile. Its a great game and its free!

Torch Light II is very good also as @saintsatan said, but devs abandon it and they are not even releasing patches anymore...

And if you like Super Heroes and/or Marvel, try Marvel Heroes. Its free as well and is in my "better arpg/dungeon crawlers/hack n slash games than diablo 3" list.

:P

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Grim Dawn.

rgmac1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rgmac1994

@Coseniath: I thought torchlight looked amazing, so that's a bit disappointing.

b_welsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 b_welsh
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

Path of Exile. Free to play my friend.

Path of Exile is going to be the most similar in my opinion. It's free like KHAndAnime said and it's actually a damn good game. I would highly recommend checking it out.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

Titan Quest is a favorite of mine. Same crew recently released Grim Dawn, which is a similiar and also excellent title.

Torchlight 2 is more about action and online play, really fun with a great art style in my opinion. Lots of fun, and even if it doesn't look all that interesting, give it a try I can't imagine it being too pricey.

Path of Exile is probably closest to Diablo as far as gameplay goes. I don't have too much experience around it, but it is far more "hardcore", that's for sure.

All the above I have enjoyed, especially the first three.

rgmac1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rgmac1994

@mrbojangles25: Nice input. Would you happen to know any that aren't "click to walk"? I played PoE recently, but I'm not a fan of the movement. I don't know how Diablo 3 plays on PC, but the console versions have a much smoother walk mechanic. Also, I prefer the action oriented fighting in these titles.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

A others said Titan Quest + immortal throne expansion by far the best diablo clone imo and imo better than diablo 3

Path of exile is an excellent option for been a free game

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Coseniath
@rgmac1994 said:

Yeah its a great game and I have offline and online playtime over 100hours but... They stopped releasing patches since April of 2013...

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@rgmac1994 said:

@mrbojangles25: Nice input. Would you happen to know any that aren't "click to walk"? I played PoE recently, but I'm not a fan of the movement. I don't know how Diablo 3 plays on PC, but the console versions have a much smoother walk mechanic. Also, I prefer the action oriented fighting in these titles.

Diablo 3 is click to walk on PC.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

@rgmac1994: all click to walk, iirc.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Coseniath said:
@rgmac1994 said:

Yeah its a great game and I have offline and online playtime over 100hours but... They stopped releasing patches since April of 2013...

Does it have any major issues?

pyeeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pyeeater
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

VictorVran

This may be right up your street. Fully playable with a controller .

The weapon combat is interesting , each weapon class has a specific way of attacking. For a low price game i recommend it, you will get a lot of hours out of it.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Coseniath
@MlauTheDaft said:
@Coseniath said:
@rgmac1994 said:

Does it have any major issues?

No, not really.

I am more dissapointed that it might need a few extra content and some skills balance issues.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Look for Lost Ark - should be out in 2016/2017

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Marvel heroes is an arpg tol. Free to play but you can buy heroes or find them as drops in game

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

@PredatorRules said:

Look for Lost Ark - should be out in 2016/2017

holy hell that looks great.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Can anyone comment on the state of Diablo 3 on PC. Patch 2.4 is coming this month but Ive been hesitant ever since I played vanilla. When they updated the gameplay to that of Reaper of Souls vanilla became a great game but Im still not sure about giving them more money. Yes, Im still kind of jaded from the first release. I bought it day one.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime

@Gamesterpheonix said:

Can anyone comment on the state of Diablo 3 on PC. Patch 2.4 is coming this month but Ive been hesitant ever since I played vanilla. When they updated the gameplay to that of Reaper of Souls vanilla became a great game but Im still not sure about giving them more money. Yes, Im still kind of jaded from the first release. I bought it day one.

I've heard they fixed the issues but for me it's a matter of principle. If a company wants my money they need to get it right the first time. Expecting customers to buy an expansion to fix all the problems they had with the game is lamesville.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@RossRichard said:

Grim Dawn.

Mevrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mevrick
Member since 2013 • 171 Posts

@Gamesterpheonix: I think it's great now. The expansion added some great replayabilty features, and all the patches are like a free mini expansion adding much more features.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Coseniath
@jhonMalcovich said:
@RossRichard said:

Grim Dawn.

I was monitoring this game due to its highly positive reviews and a previous gamespot article. I bought it during steam sale for $15.

It already has its final build and it will go off early access in February.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

GRIM DAWN.

Its in Early Access\Beta(i cant tell the difference anymore) but anyway, its feature and content complete (they are only doing final polishing) so yeah, GET IT.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

@KHAndAnime:

Thats basically why I havent purchased the game yet but all the free content they've been releasing is changing my mind. As another has commented, all these updates seem to be like mini expansions. I mean, an entire zone for free? Most folks charge for that. I feel like they are trying real hard to make up for the fails they made before. I dont know. The only thing that stops me is the lack of multiplayer honestly. The fact that they still refuse to give us ANYTHING is annoying. So many games have PvP. Path of Exile, the Van Helsing games, Grim Dawn probably. And people take whatever before its PvP. They could so do something with D3. Sigh. Well, I still feel as though I will likely buy RoS at some point soon. My only dilemma is whether or not to get it on PC or console.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nick3306
@KHAndAnime said:
@Gamesterpheonix said:

I've heard they fixed the issues but for me it's a matter of principle. If a company wants my money they need to get it right the first time. Expecting customers to buy an expansion to fix all the problems they had with the game is lamesville.

This is an absolutely ridiculous way of thinking. Aside from the bugs like connection errors and whatnot they made the gameplay how they wanted it. It turned out that the fans didn't like it so they changed it a bit with the expansion. I'm sorry that you feel their hours of work should produce a free product but that's just not how the business world works. If anything, it should be applauded by the gaming community that they listened to their fans and made the appropriate changes. To expect the game developers to be perfect the first time and know exactly how the fans would respond is a bit ridiculous.

Now to my last point, you didn't even have to buy the expansion to use the updated gameplay, it just released at the same time as the expansion making your whole argument irrelevant anyway. Remember, diablo 2 was the exact same with its expansion pack.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Nick3306 said:
@KHAndAnime said:

This is an absolutely ridiculous way of thinking. Aside from the bugs like connection errors and whatnot they made the gameplay how they wanted it. It turned out that the fans didn't like it so they changed it a bit with the expansion. I'm sorry that you feel their hours of work should produce a free product but that's just not how the business world works.

Free product? You went off the rails a bit here. To me an expansion is something you buy because you enjoyed the base game. It's not something you buy because you didn't enjoy the base game. It's common sense. I don't want anything free. If a dog dookies on your floor, would you reward it for doing so? I wouldn't. Otherwise you incentivize the dog to do so again...similar to giving Blizzard incentive to crap on Diablo more. Believe it or not, you're in fact telling Blizzard "It's fine if you rip me off with a crappy $60 pay-to-win game. As long as you try to make amends for it years later".

Now to my last point, you didn't even have to buy the expansion to use the updated gameplay, it just released at the same time as the expansion making your whole argument irrelevant anyway.

That's assuming my problem was purely the gameplay. Sure for most people the AH stuff was a deal-breaker (and for me it was just a great annoyance), but my main problem with the game was a lack of unique content and too much poor content. And the tone was way off. I'd be surprised if the expansion fixed that, let alone a patch for the base game coinciding its release.

Regardless, what's the incentive re-play through the whole game I already played through and disliked, not having bought the expansion? To re-experience the content I already experienced with a few changes? If only I didn't have a million other better things to do.

Like play Grim Dawn.

Been playing through that lately and I've been really enjoying it.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nick3306

@KHAndAnime said:
@Nick3306 said:
@KHAndAnime said:

This is an absolutely ridiculous way of thinking. Aside from the bugs like connection errors and whatnot they made the gameplay how they wanted it. It turned out that the fans didn't like it so they changed it a bit with the expansion. I'm sorry that you feel their hours of work should produce a free product but that's just not how the business world works.

Free product? You went off the rails a bit here. To me an expansion is something you buy because you enjoyed the base game. It's not something you buy because you didn't enjoy the base game. It's common sense. I don't want anything free. If a dog dookies on your floor, would you reward it for doing so? I wouldn't. Otherwise you incentivize the dog to do so again...similar to giving Blizzard incentive to crap on Diablo more. Believe it or not, you're in fact telling Blizzard "It's fine if you rip me off with a crappy $60 pay-to-win game. As long as you try to make amends for it years later".

Your analogy doesn't even make sense in this context. You're not rewarding them for doing something wrong in the past, you're rewarding them for doing something right in the present. I would honestly hate to be your dog if you will never reward him for good behavior ever again after a mistake. If you want to hold a grudge because the original release wasn't perfect for you, go for it, doesn't bother me any. Just don't act like developers working hard to make their games better is irrelevant because they should have made the perfect game on their first try. In fact, I would argue we need more developers who constantly try to improve their games. Believe it or not, developers are also people and make mistakes.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Nick3306 said:

Just don't act like developers working hard to make their games better is irrelevant because they should have made the perfect game on their first try. In fact, I would argue we need more developers who constantly try to improve their games. Believe it or not, developers are also people and make mistakes.

The time for them to make those mistakes is in early access or in beta. A year or two later after release they can't just overhaul the game and expect everyone to forget that they already played the game with all the lameness that it used to have.

It's the same reason why people don't play early access games. They don't want their experience with the game dampened by issues that they could otherwise avoid by waiting until release. It's a perfectly understandable reason to not want to buy early access games, and it should also be perfectly understandable why someone wouldn't be happy if a developer took their $60 for a released game and didn't deliver a satisfying play experience until years later.

You're not rewarding them for doing something wrong in the past, you're rewarding them for doing something right in the present.

Then at what point did you punish them for doing something wrong in the past? Never. More or less you are the type of guy who gives a treat to their dog after they dookie on their floor hoping they won't do it again. Sort of like why you have no problem with getting ripped off by a developer, as long as they maybe fix it in the future expansion.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nick3306

@KHAndAnime said:
@Nick3306 said:

Just don't act like developers working hard to make their games better is irrelevant because they should have made the perfect game on their first try. In fact, I would argue we need more developers who constantly try to improve their games. Believe it or not, developers are also people and make mistakes.

The time for them to make those mistakes is in early access or in beta. A year or two later after release they can't just overhaul the game and expect everyone to forget that they already played the game with all the lameness that it used to have.

It's the same reason why people don't play early access games. They don't want their experience with the game dampened by issues that they could otherwise avoid by waiting until release. It's a perfectly understandable reason to not want to buy early access games, and it should also be perfectly understandable why someone wouldn't be happy if a developer took their $60 for a released game and didn't deliver a satisfying play experience until years later.

You're not rewarding them for doing something wrong in the past, you're rewarding them for doing something right in the present.

Then at what point did you punish them for doing something wrong in the past? Never. More or less you are the type of guy who gives a treat to their dog after they dookie on their floor hoping they won't do it again. Sort of like why you have no problem with getting ripped off by a developer, as long as they maybe fix it in the future expansion.

I didn't get ripped off by a developer, I paid them for the game they made. If you didn't read reviews and ended up not liking the game, that's your fault. You can't fault the developer for people buying it day one and not knowing what they were getting. Developers jobs are not to make the game to your individual standard, you're not that important sadly. You only see them as mistakes because you personally didn't like their decisions, they were not mistakes, they were design choices that ended up being re done after feedback from the public. The game wasn't broken (aside form day 1 server issues), plenty of people played it and enjoyed it. Stop acting like the developers released a game they knew no one would like, they tried to do what they thought would work and it didn't, so they fixed it. This entitled attitude is why people look down upon PC gamers. I'm not saying we shouldn't hold developers to a high standard, I'm saying we shouldn't fault them when they really tried and failed and then made things right. No one is perfect, stop expecting immediate perfection from developers.