Steam summer sale recommendations, and what will you buy?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

With the summer sale probably starting very soon, what games you plan on buying? I'll get The Witcher 2 and maybe Tomb Raider, but I can't think of anything else and I would like to buy one or two more.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#2 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

The Banner Saga was a pretty under the radar game that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I'm hoping for a sale on Transistor but I expect its too soon. Maybe S2 of Walking Dead and some other stuff I've forgot.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#3 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Most the game games I'm planning to get are all less than $20. So I wouldnt mind a 33-50% discount.

Jazzpunk, Battleblock Theater, Child of Light, Starseed Pilgrim, Astebreed, Ikaruga, Stick it to the Man, Richard & Alice, Valdis Story: Abyssal City, Fract OSC, Year Walk, The Fall, Enslaved: Oddysey to the West, The Banner Saga, Wolf Among Us and Shadowrun: Dragonfall

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Games I will get for pretty much sure

Sleeping Dogs 4.99

Dirt 3 for 6.99

Virtua Tennis 4 for 2.99

----------------------

Games I'm also thinking about

NBA 2K14

Kenshi

Sometimes Always Monsters for 1.99.

Bioshock Infinite for 6.49.

Street Fighter IV.

--------

I see you have Civilization IV in your collection so you aren't opposed to strategy games. I suggest Hearts of Iron III. I've seen the game on sale for $2.49 which is a great deal. I have gotten 100 plus hours out of it. Do not forget to play it on Very Hard eventually it makes the game more entertaining but not cheap difficulty wise.

I can also suggest Dead Island. The game actually turned out better than I thought it would. It isn't just greasing off zombies, you are doing missions that involve survival and the map levels are more varied and better than I thought it would be. It does suffer from bouts of mild boredom around 60% of the game. I give it around a 7-8/10. I do want to see what caused the zombie outbreak eventually. Hearts of Iron 3 is the better game though and will probably be cheaper. Only get Dead Island if you really have nothing else. Dead Island has killed 25 hours for me and I'm still going along.

I was reading some comments on Splinter Cell Blacklist, I think. It was new and cheap on sale recently Splinter Cell, and people seemed to like that, so you may also want to check reviews/comments out for that, could be a better choice than Dead Island.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 with_teeth26

So where is this sale people have been proclaiming to start today? Its past the time they usually update the store. Then again they don't have the usual weekend deals up either.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

@with_teeth26: Starts in 30 minutes or so.

Dishonored, and Hitman Contracts, are the ones I have my eyes on.

and a big fat maybe for Max Payne 3 (although I may wait till I build my new rig) and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

7 days to die, was waiting for special and will probably get the 2pack and give to friend.

Maybe planet explorers if it gets low enough and 1 or 2 dlcs for borderlands2 I don't have yet.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Is dayz worth grabbing now at 15% of? It looks interesting. It's not even officially out yet only like alpha.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sleepyz

@AutoPilotOn said:

Is dayz worth grabbing now at 15% of? It looks interesting. It's not even officially out yet only like alpha.

Don't bother with that junk game. I regret buying this game a lot. If I were you i'd wait for h1z1 and about to hit steam and already looks way better than Dayz.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AutoPilotOn

Eh wildstar and work take all my time anyways might as well just get super 75%+ off deals cause I probably won't play most anyways lol

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 with_teeth26

@Sleepyz said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

Don't bother with that junk game. I regret buying this game a lot. If I were you i'd wait for h1z1 and about to hit steam and already looks way better than Dayz.

I'll second this, the priorities of the dev team on Dayz are fucked. They are adding a bunch of really gimmicky features while the core of the game is absolutely terrible, zombies are just broken as hell and performance is all over the place. Who knows in two years Dayz might be amazing but right now its massively outclassed by other Dayz mods for Arma 2 and 3 like Origins and Breaking Point which are just way more enjoyable at this point.

They should not be charging money for the game in its current state. I also regret spending money on it. Save up and get Arma 3 instead, its a far more versatile game that offers Dayz like experiences along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Already bought Mirror's Edge; I will buy the Arkham Origins DLC if it's around $2.50. I'd be all over Dark Souls once it inevitably goes on flash sale, but GFWL is there to ruin any chance of that.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Looking Prototype1/2 and maybe Asscreed 4

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy VII, and Final Fantasy VII for sure once they are a daily deal or a flash sale. Maybe The Walking Dead season 2 and Bastion if they get cheap enough. It is also cool Dead Rising 3 is coming to PC and you can pre order it for a cheap price, although is anything really surprised it is getting ported? I totally saw this coming when the game was announced lol.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

@Sleepyz said:

@AutoPilotOn said:

I'll second this, the priorities of the dev team on Dayz are fucked. They are adding a bunch of really gimmicky features while the core of the game is absolutely terrible, zombies are just broken as hell and performance is all over the place. Who knows in two years Dayz might be amazing but right now its massively outclassed by other Dayz mods for Arma 2 and 3 like Origins and Breaking Point which are just way more enjoyable at this point.

They should not be charging money for the game in its current state. I also regret spending money on it. Save up and get Arma 3 instead, its a far more versatile game that offers Dayz like experiences along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

I will 3rd this although luckily it was my roommate who bought it lol.

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

I'm thinking about getting Borderlands 2 but I never play co-op. Is it worth it just for playing solo?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

X Rebirth and The Banner Saga are on my radar. Also Game of Thrones if I see it.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

i bought the incredible adventures of Van Helsing 2. i liked the first and was looking forward to the second.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

What I hope to get:

• Broforce
  • Child of Light
  • Crimsonland
  • The Banner Saga
  • Nuclear Throne
  • Transistor
  • The Forest
  • Goat Simulator

What I've already Brought

• Divinity Original Sin
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Only bought Goodbye Deponia so far

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

so far I have only bought the Mount & Blade collection... Love those games!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#24 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I bought Divinity Orginal Sin since it launches at the end of the month.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sleepyz

@dangamit said:

I'm thinking about getting Borderlands 2 but I never play co-op. Is it worth it just for playing solo?

You can have fun solo but will be pretty hard. There's some bosses that will slaughter you if alone. I play with just 1 friend and we have a blast. Anyway its a great game but you'd have a lot more fun with a friend.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

What will I get in the Steam Sale? Dunno. I already got great pre-summer deals on tomb raider, metro last light, and hotline miami. The overriding issue is after 300 hours in the original Dark Souls, now Hotline Miami getting its acid/blood-drenched hooks in me, I am momentarily zombified/lobotomized by video games as it is. Seriously.

You know when you pull off a cool combat move it some times cuts to a cutscene? Think of Dark Souls and hotline Miami as the Witcher or the undead in Dark Souls, and me as some henchmen that these video games just riposted.

I am the recipient of a combo of awesomeness on the chin. I am laid out on the boxing ring getting counted out by the ref. I literally don't know where I am right now and you're asking me what I am going to buy on the sale? You should be asking me how many fingers you're holding up or who is the president.

So, I can't help you with what I'll be buying but I can help you with what I RECOMMEND on FLASH sales. I RECOMMEND:

*Borderlands 2 GOTY edition -- whether you like borderlands or not, no one can deny this is exactly the way to take a sequel. More of everything. There is so much diversity in playstyles too.

*Hotline Miami -- A nice break from FPS and TPS. It's kind of hard btw.

*Xcom Enemy Unknown -- Again...nice break from FPS and TPS and in my top 6 or 7 favorite video games of all time.

*Tomb Raider and or Max Payne 3 -- Fun TPS's. Lara Croft if you want to watch a sprawling Indiana Jones type action movie. Max Payne if you want to shoot your way thru a 90s' Pulp Fiction clone like Boondock Saints or Killing Zoe.

*Dark Souls -- Haven't played the sequel but zomg. Domo arigato to the Japanese for this one.

*Fallout New Vegas -- How will the new west be won? Why with prostitution, violence and drugs of course!

Free games that maybe have add ons on sale that are recommendable would go to:

Warframe, Gotham City Impostors, and Planetside 2. All great games though not necessarily in that order

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Haven't bought anything yet.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11782 Posts

Update: I am kinda interested in the expansion for Shadowrun Returns, along with Splinter Cell Blacklist, Hitman Contracts, and Wasteland 2 if it goes on sale enough. But I haven't bought anything just yet.

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

How is ORION: Dino Horde? Steam says it has a single player and it is decent? I don't really do MP unless it is an MMO.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

The Wasteland 2 early access is on sale for $40. How is the game? Is it worth $40? Isn't that supposed to be the price once the game released? I'm really interested in buying it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AutoPilotOn

I bought skyrim pack I didn't have it on PC

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Just the witcher 2 already got plenty of games to beat and I already beat the witcher 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I bought Democracy 3, Eurotruck simulator 2, and all of the Payday 2 DLC I was missing. I'm considering Wasteland 2 but I'm not sure I want to get it just yet.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I just bought another world for £1.99 hehe.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

I bought Metro 2033 on the steam website via my phone. After purchasing it, I looked at the requirements and it only states nvidia as the recommended spec. I also read that the game doesnt really support AMD cards? Can someone enlighten me on this issue before I get home?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@CWEBB04z: I had zero issues with both games and I have AMD CPU and GPU.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I bought State of Decay. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. It's pretty much the game based off The Walking Dead that everyone has wanted. :P

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@Cwagmire21 said:

I bought State of Decay. I've had a lot of fun with it so far. It's pretty much the game based off The Walking Dead that everyone has wanted. :P

I almost got that but decided to wait for bundle. Got PApers Please though and it's hilarious and nice and puzzley. I wish the US borders were this strict.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#41 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

@Cwagmire21 said:

I am playing this too. It's really great.

Tutorials, collision and combat is a little lacking. And the grapbics arent the best in the world (lighting is cool though). But it's a well designed game with a nice open world.

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#42 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts

I bought The incredible Adventures of Van Helsing I and II, Dragon Commander, Borderlands 2, and Splinter Cell:Blacklist for the steam sale.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#43 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts
@airshocker said:

I bought Democracy 3, Eurotruck simulator 2, and all of the Payday 2 DLC I was missing. I'm considering Wasteland 2 but I'm not sure I want to get it just yet.

The payday 2 dlc is kinda crappy to be honest, even if it's cheap. Some of it is decent, big bank and the one or two maps.

But the rest should probably just be ignored, locking weapons out of the game is very lame.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

Yesterday I got Borderlands 2 GOTY.

agux987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 agux987
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

I got Borderlands 2 GOTY, Dead Island: Riptide and Batman: Arkham Origins so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:
@airshocker said:

The payday 2 dlc is kinda crappy to be honest, even if it's cheap. Some of it is decent, big bank and the one or two maps.

But the rest should probably just be ignored, locking weapons out of the game is very lame.

Well considering I said I already bought it, this was pretty unhelpful advice.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By uninspiredcup

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@airshocker said:

But nobody was giving you advice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@airshocker said:

I know you're a nobody already. I don't need to be reminded.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By uninspiredcup

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@airshocker said:

I know you're a nobody already. I don't need to be reminded.

My friend, this is an excellent point, it seems clear from the lack of evoking aggressively provocative replies, that indeed, a sad truth, I am not particularly relevant. Being incredibly mature, you've heroically risen above it and proved to be the better man. I've always admired you the most.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I just bought nether to see what it's like