This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Tsuanthony
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts

I was planning on purchasing Mass effect 1 for 10 bucks yesterday

but the price went up to 15

so I was curious how often Steam would have sales? and if that 10 dollar price tag for mass effect would be avalibe any time soon?

i've heard something about mid week madness/summer madness or something?

thanks

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

There is a chance you might be able to pick it up towards the end of the sale. If I remember last year the final day of the sale consisted of previous sale items that had done well during the sale. So it is possible at the end of this sale Mass Effect might be one of those items.

Avatar image for OilySuperWillie
OilySuperWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OilySuperWillie
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

there's random sales throughout the weeks with there usually being a constant midweek madness which i think is on wednesday and a weekend deal. usually at least one game goes on sale for those

maybe Mass Effect will go on sale again but just wait until the end of this Holiday sale at least

then there are holiday sales. there's one for Easter I believe but don't expect a huge sale until summer

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tsuanthony

there's random sales throughout the weeks with there usually being a constant midweek madness which i think is on wednesday and a weekend deal. usually at least one game goes on sale for those

maybe Mass Effect will go on sale again but just wait until the end of this Holiday sale at least

then there are holiday sales. there's one for Easter I believe but don't expect a huge sale until summer

OilySuperWillie
end of holiday as in end of chirstmas? or end of new years? :p
Avatar image for OilySuperWillie
OilySuperWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OilySuperWillie
Member since 2010 • 157 Posts

at the end of the sales period which Steam says is January 2

hope that it is one of the best selling daily deals since last year they went back on sale

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

Gamersgate has ME1 and 2 for $8 each. Unless of course you just have to have the game on Steam.

Click_Clock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Click_Clock
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

GamerGates has Mass Effect 1 and 2 for only 7.50 each for the entire holiday. Or better yet, the deluxe edition for only 15 dollars.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ME2DDE/mass-effect-2-digital-deluxe-edition From what I witnessed so far, just about any game on sale on Steam is cheaper elsewhere but don't tell everyone! Its a secret LOL. For instance, Amazon had the Splinter Cell series for 7-12 dollars, not like today Steam's Splinter Cell games that is selling for 15+ dollars.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
+1 on the Gamersgate website. Now I don't have to wait for Steam to update their stupid game sales in which I end up getting crappy MW2 (no dedicated servers) for $30.
PewPewNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PewPewNinja
Member since 2010 • 137 Posts

"just about any game on sale on Steam is cheaper elsewhere but don't tell everyone! Its a secret LOL"

I got Darksider, Fear Pack, Operation flash point (i know it's bad), Bioshock 1, for the cheapest i could im pretty sure. Steam sales are good, today flatout for 2$, Batman for 7$, First day BFBC2 for 6$, The prince of Persia game ~5$ , DMC4 (if you got lucky 4$), Great Indie Pack for almost nothing...Much more...

That said i saw Singularity for 7$ on GamersGate if i remember well, That's a good deal.

And Steam will probably have an Encore at the end of the sales. (Best seller of each day again the last day)

Btw CoD Black Ops is 40$ on amazon today.

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tsuanthony
does gamers gate have a account thing? I imagine it being a hassle to transfer all your games you bought onto another computer if you were to buy a new one :p
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

"just about any game on sale on Steam is cheaper elsewhere but don't tell everyone! Its a secret LOL"

I got Darksider, Fear Pack, Operation flash point (i know it's bad), Bioshock 1, for the cheapest i could im pretty sure. Steam sales are good, today flatout for 2$, Batman for 7$, First day BFBC2 for 6$, The prince of Persia game ~5$ , DMC4 (if you got lucky 4$), Great Indie Pack for almost nothing...Much more...

That said i saw Singularity for 7$ on GamersGate if i remember well, That's a good deal.

And Steam will probably have an Encore at the end of the sales. (Best seller of each day again the last day)

PewPewNinja

I really regret buying this Batman game. My first impression was maddening, but I actually gave it another chance, yet there is nothing new or interesting to be found in this game.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Mass Effect1 is 8$ on gamersgate as otehrs have said, same with ME2.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="PewPewNinja"]

OoSuperMarioO

I really regret buying this Batman game. My first impression was maddening, but I actually gave it another chance, yet there is nothing new or interesting to be found in this game.

Why do you keep bashing this game any chance you get? You already made a thread stating all the reasons why you didn't like it and now you're making negative comments about it any chance you get. We get it. You don't like this game. You are in the minority. Reason why I have to say this because you're going to give someone the wrong IMPRESSION of this game and they might think it's "crap." I don't like many comic book games... actually none... since the 90s when I was a kid..playing Spawn or Maximum Carnage on the SNES. Batman: Arkham Asylum is one of the best comic book superhero video games out there. It definitely deserves the high praise.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Let's try keeping discussions of the Steam sales within the stickied thread please. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you! :)