Steam revamps the Pre-Order Refund System

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/25/steam-will-now-let-you-cancel-your-own-pre-orders/

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

About time, considering preorders on Steam are always full price. Steam is pretty much the only place I buy PC games from these days (aside from key resellers).

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

They've let you refund pre-orders forever, now they are just building a system that makes you go through less hoops.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FelipeInside

@nutcrackr said:

They've let you refund pre-orders forever, now they are just building a system that makes you go through less hoops.

Yes, but before you had to open ticket, wait weeks, sometimes got rejected etc. Like you say it's more streamlined now so I thought people should know that.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

why would you pre-order a game on steam anyways? isn't it all digital? you could just buy whenever and then download it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FelipeInside

@nicecall said:

why would you pre-order a game on steam anyways? isn't it all digital? you could just buy whenever and then download it.

Extra features and the such.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59288 Posts

Even without it, steam is big superior time. For winners.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Thank god, every time I've asked for a refund they always kept getting declined and 90% of the time it was early access games that ended up sucking as time went by.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I want my money back on X-Rebirth I pre ordered that and after 6 hours of trying to get it to work and run smooth I have given up not to mention the bugs in game where you cant even complete missions. Still Steam not giving Re-funds on games like these apart from a minor small portion of people and people are reporting that if they continue asking for a refund then they will get banned.

Also when I say I want my money back I am not bothered if its Steam store credit and buy something else with it at a later date but they don't even do that.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@skipper847 said:

I want my money back on X-Rebirth I pre ordered that and after 6 hours of trying to get it to work and run smooth I have given up not to mention the bugs in game where you cant even complete missions. Still Steam not giving Re-funds on games like these apart from a minor small portion of people and people are reporting that if they continue asking for a refund then they will get banned.

Also when I say I want my money back I am not bothered if its Steam store credit and buy something else with it at a later date but they don't even do that.

I thought they fixed Rebirth with the patching?

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@skipper847 said:

I thought they fixed Rebirth with the patching?

/o\