Steam Refresh login

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
Heya folks, every once in a while I get a refresh login telling me to re log. The thing that worries me is it says, "this account is currently logged in elsewhere." What does this mean? Should I be worried? Anyway to turn this off?
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I don't think you need to be worried, happens to me sometimes aswell. Propably caused by some small connection problem.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
OH thats not good! Well, a few months ago i got hacked and this^ is how i found out. So i went here to gamespot and found out that i needed to fill out a ticket to steam telling them that i got hacked. DO IT NOW!
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts

Don't know about being hacked but this has happened to me where I boot up and the Steam icon at the bottom does not pop up. If I then try to start a Steam game it says I alrealy have Srean running and can't start a new game. I have had this happen a handfull of times and it repairs itself when I do a restart.

Kervik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Kervik
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts

When my internet dies temporarily and then I regain connection it tells me that I'm logged in somewhere else (probably because of dynamic IP address). If I were you I wouldn't worry. If you're sure you've got anti-virus software protecting your PC there shouldn't be anyone keylogging your every conversation. It's been happening to me more recently and is apparently affecting other people too, it could just be a glitch at Valve's end.

If you're still a bit paranoid filling out a ticket (maybe not requesting to revoke ownership from anyone who has been logging in but just ask if they can investigate the situation) will probably ameliorate your trust in the security of your account or try and get an administrator's attention on the official Steam forums.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts

When my internet dies temporarily and then I regain connection it tells me that I'm logged in somewhere else (probably because of dynamic IP address). If I were you I wouldn't worry. If you're sure you've got anti-virus software protecting your PC there shouldn't be anyone keylogging your every conversation. It's been happening to me more recently and is apparently affecting other people too, it could just be a glitch at Valve's end.

If you're still a bit paranoid filling out a ticket (maybe not requesting to revoke ownership from anyone who has been logging in but just ask if they can investigate the situation) will probably ameliorate your trust in the security of your account or try and get an administrator's attention on the official Steam forums.

Kervik
Yeah I think this is it, I don't have the most stable internet connection( I have DSL). Thanks for the response guys. @Rickylee It happens to me sometimes too when I want to restart the steam client, I just go to the task manager and end the Steam Process and it starts up again normally.