Star wars KOTR- i-pad or PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smith1554

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 smith1554
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I have never played this game but apparently it is a `classic'. Anyway a port is out on i-pad for £6.99 which sounds good but I saw it at my local CEX today for PC for just £4. Has anyone played the ipad version? Which version is likely to be best?

Cheers

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Well, everyone here will likely be biased. My opinoin, play it on the PC. The game is fluid with the controls and you can mod it. KOTOR is a rare game for me, I played through it once being good, once being bad and then a 3rd time I played it with tons of mods. I rarely play a game more than once.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

PC, not a single doubt. Controls are sharper, and as mentioned, mods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 avatarcj
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

I don't want to sound like a jackass but I think you will have to spend some time modifying the game on PC to make it , somewhat , bug-free .

A plus on the PC side is the fact that you have mods , like the other helpers said .

If you are lazy you might want to pick the Ipad version (would have been great if it was on Android ) .

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bonafidetk
I don't want to sound like a jackass but I think you will have to spend some time modifying the game on PC to make it , somewhat , bug-free avatarcj
I'm pretty sure the PC version of KOTOR1 is bug free. Its KOTOR2 which is kinda sloppy.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53593 Posts

[QUOTE="avatarcj"]I don't want to sound like a jackass but I think you will have to spend some time modifying the game on PC to make it , somewhat , bug-free bonafidetk
I'm pretty sure the PC version of KOTOR1 is bug free. Its KOTOR2 which is kinda sloppy.

No it's not. I have it through steam and I cannot progress past the 1st level. Scripts aren't working, controls don't work, graphics are glitchy. It's a mess.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonafidetk

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="avatarcj"]I don't want to sound like a jackass but I think you will have to spend some time modifying the game on PC to make it , somewhat , bug-free Wasdie

No it's not. I have it through steam and I cannot progress past the 1st level. Scripts aren't working, controls don't work, graphics are glitchy. It's a mess.

that is strange. I remember playing KOTOR1 from the CD install perfectly fine back in the day.
Jetsfan122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Jetsfan122
Member since 2011 • 122 Posts

Im playing it through Steam running Windows 7 64-bit and haven't had any issues at all .

EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

Im playing it through Steam running Windows 7 64-bit and haven't had any [QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="bonafidetk"][QUOTE="avatarcj"]I don't want to sound like a jackass but I think you will have to spend some time modifying the game on PC to make it , somewhat , bug-free Jetsfan122

Weird, I've played the game for a few hours and haven't had any trouble with it.