Star Wars KOTOR MMO Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoBix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoBix
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hey folks.

I haven't posted on these forums very much but once I heard about BioWare and Lucas Arts announcing their "new project" it really piqued my interests. Since the last Star Wars MMO was ruined in many peoples' eyes, I really see this as a big deal. I was in the beta for the first Star Wars MMO and then I didn't buy it when it finally came out because SoE was behind it and I had a bad feeling about it. It turned out I was right, lol.

Anyway, I don't know how many of you have seen this yet but here it is if you haven't:

http://www.primotechnology.com/2007/10/30/lucasarts-bioware-announce-new-project/

I am pretty excited over this news since, frankly, a Star Wars MMO by BioWare is the stuff of dreams. This may be the first MMO in a long time to actually lure me into paying the monthly fees for it. I haven't played a game like that since... well... the original EverQuest, lol.

What do you guys think of this news? Excited?

Or cautiously optimistic? ;)

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts
This could be interesting. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another MMO though. I'd much rather have a good single player KoTOR 3 instead.
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
I can't see Bioware wanting to make a mmorpg with Lucas arts after they said it's not enjoyable working with them the last with with KOTOR. I maybe see them creating a KOTOR 3 with Lucas arts but i just don't see them wanting to get stuck with La forever in a mmorpg. However EA just bought Bioware for 800million so anything is now possible and i don't see why they'd buy them for soo much. Though bioware did buy the Hero mmorpg engine so they could be making their own IP mmorpg and KOTOR 3, which i hope thats the case.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

I really hope that it isn't a KOTOR MMO...but I guess that the licence would make a better MMO than anything else they could think of.

Maybe I just dislike MMOs.

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
Yeah Lucas Arts does really weird things like not being able to customize the UI's and that would suck for a mmorpg. Also their patches are greatly delayed so they can check them over again and again that it goes with the SW license and it takes months. Also now Bioware and Lucas Arts have ditched the PC it probably will be console only or a real bad console port.
dumptruck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dumptruck123
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

As good as Bioware is, a kotor mmo would not be the same game. Kotor was designed to be a single player game with a specific story about a few people having a pivotal role in the Star Wars universe. In an mmo everyone will be running around with major importance? This will end up feeling like all other mmo's; repetitive, lacking in npc's that matter, and most important of all is the empty story line. Kotor had a great story interesting npc's and I don't think that even Bioware can keep the feel of kotor when translating it to a mmo. People who like kotor like the story line and will just want to play out the missions. Now they will be harassed every few seconds by some jerk wad that wants to duel them. Cant Lucas Arts be happy with just making a great game and not making another mmo so they can squeeze a few more bucks out of people.

vlin1108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vlin1108
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
There are like 3 or 4 good RPG's on the PC right now and most of them have been out for quite a while now. Beneath the large amount of shooters and RTS games coming out, the successor to one of the best RPG series turning into an MMO was what the fans always wanted.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
I really liked KOTOR, but have never played a proper MMO. Would have preferred it to be SP, but I'm willing to try it out if they don't stick a montly fee on it. They most likely will, so chances are I'll be skipping it. :(
therog2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 therog2
Member since 2003 • 465 Posts
Just hope they don't destroy this game like they did Galaxies.

A Jedi is not something you should be able to choose from the beginning!
Then that's what 90% of the players are going to be....
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
No just no.I don't want KOTOR MMO I want Kotor III to find out where the hell did Revan go and what happend to the Exile.Not some MMO which will ruin Kotor's excellent story.I am severely dissapointed if this turns out to be true
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

No just no.I don't want KOTOR MMO I want Kotor III to find out where the hell did Revan go and what happend to the Exile.Not some MMO which will ruin Kotor's excellent story.I am severely dissapointed if this turns out to be truewackys

x2 + some X( X( X(

lordaltay1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordaltay1
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts
I'm looking forward to this, but I have a feeling its going to suck... Bioware has never made an MMO before...
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
i am not going to get my hopes hope yet, but that concept art was nice
Vastano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Vastano
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts

This could be interesting. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another MMO though. I'd much rather have a good single player KoTOR 3 instead.thanatose

I agree...However, if they are making it, then I REAAAALLLY hope they dont hand it over to SoE...they completely messed up SWG with the changes that they made -.-