Star citizen raises 1 million dollars in 4 days

#1 Posted by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

the star train is not stopping folks, the game raised 1 million dollars in four days after alpha 3.3 was release prior to citizen con.

there are also new ships like the the Anvil Valkyrie dropship, which will cost you a measly $330, not satisfied, then buy $700 version, damn it, has lots of stuff.

I truly can't wait for this game to be released.

#2 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

As long as people keep throwing money at them this game will never get released.

#3 Edited by TryIt (12782 posts) -

I dont watch it closely anymore, the direction they are going with combat competitions just turns me off personally. I get that is only a small part but I am just waiting in the background to see if the larger 'universe' opens up.

not remotely interested in Squad 42 or whatever its called.

It has to compete with Elite Dangerous for me on the grand scale of things to do for it to grab my attention

#4 Posted by TryIt (12782 posts) -

@warmblur said:

As long as people keep throwing money at them this game will never get released.

which in some respects is perfectly fine as long as updates continue.

Its the irony of Early Access, the exciting updates stop once a game is 'released' that is when you know 'its over'

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42325 posts) -

That is pretty impressive, good for them. People really believe in this game.

Haters are entertaining. Not sure if they're jealous or just small, bitter individuals, but all gamers should be excited about this whether they are interested in playing the game or not.

#6 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

@mrbojangles25 said:

That is pretty impressive, good for them. People really believe in this game.

Haters are entertaining. Not sure if they're jealous or just small, bitter individuals, but all gamers should be excited about this whether they are interested in playing the game or not.

I'll be excited when there's a release date.

#7 Edited by firedrakes (1915 posts) -

@warmblur: we fans have been waiting years for that.

#8 Posted by Gladestone1 (5693 posts) -

@warmblur: What are you talking about they added more stuff in game this year than any year before i..Get your facts straight bub

#9 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

@Gladestone1 said:

@warmblur: What are you talking about they added more stuff in game this year than any year before i..Get your facts straight bub

What facts?

#10 Posted by thereal25 (1638 posts) -

"Mature adult": I'm too old for games - but I'll play a bit of flight simulator every now and then. *roll eyes*

#11 Posted by Gladestone1 (5693 posts) -

@warmblur: Star citizen that you claim chris should be arrested for..Your stupid comments..Maybe we should arrest you for your fake news claims..

#12 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

@Gladestone1 said:

@warmblur: Star citizen that you claim chris should be arrested for..Your stupid comments..Maybe we should arrest you for your fake news claims..

WTF? everybody who reads this remember to vote November 6!!!!!!!!! run to the polls if you have to.

#13 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

Lamestream media!

#14 Posted by Gladestone1 (5693 posts) -

@warmblur: Vote red wave coming,

#15 Posted by warmblur (1083 posts) -

@Gladestone1 said:

@warmblur: Vote red wave coming,

LMAO

#16 Posted by PredatorRules (12281 posts) -

@urbangamez: 700$ edition? hmm RTX2080 or 1 game...

#17 Edited by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

star citizen looks like its gonna go on forever, while the 2080 may only last 2 years before the 3080 is launched, star citizen wins I guess.

I gonna wait until the game goes on a sale, will it ever go retail, I mean they could just decide to make it subscription based, pay $60 a month to play. I call it the star citizen as service model. I came up with this idea, I want royalties cloud imperium games I mean robert space industries

#18 Posted by neatfeatguy (4219 posts) -
@urbangamez said:
@PredatorRules said:

star citizen looks like its gonna go on forever, while the 2080 may only last 2 years before the 3080 is launched, star citizen wins I guess.

I gonna wait until the game goes on a sale, will it ever go retail, I mean they could just decide to make it subscription based, pay $60 a month to play. I call it the star citizen as service model. I came up with this idea, I want royalties cloud imperium games I mean robert space industries

So if someone were to spend $700 on a RTX 2080, they can only use it for 2 years or until the 3080 comes out (whichever happens first)?

I figure most people putting $700 into a GPU would expect them to work well past the time the new generation launches.....such a same to find out that the 2080 stops functioning after the 3080 launches. Seems like a shady tactic for Nvidia......

#19 Posted by PredatorRules (12281 posts) -
@urbangamez said:
@PredatorRules said:

FUNDS RAISED

STAR CITIZENS

Rockstar spent over 100M $ to make GTA5, Star Citizen got 200M $, I expect it to be at least at GTA5 quality of content and game if not twice as good.

I also wonder what number out of those 2M gamers that bought Elite as well because they couldn't wait for Star Citizen no more?

#20 Posted by Gladestone1 (5693 posts) -

4.0 they will start adding other systems other than stanton..When that happens systems will start rolling out..This year they have added so much stuff an mining finally came out...So ya im excited for this game..A game of this magnitude has never been done before..It takes time to make..Diablo 3 took 10 years..People dont no any thing about mmorpgs..

#21 Posted by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

@neatfeatguy: I am being sarcastic and joking so im gonna take it that you are too. but in real terms when the 3080 comes out the 2080 will be obsolete tech. star citizen however

@PredatorRules: I agree it should be better than GTA 5, better than GTA 5 with mods, im thinking GTA 5 fully loaded, like GTA 5 with mods and raytracing. as for those who bought elite dangerous, they are twice as rich, they can have elite from the buffet now and star citizen later

@Gladestone1: stop comparing star citizen to other AAA games, its not the same, but if your gonna do it lets do a serious analysis.

if we are talking about the diablo 3, it is made by blizzard entertainment, which is a division of activision both are legally incorporated companies with obligations that requires company lawyers and accountants and a level of government oversight that cannot be covered in this post. same with EA etc. When these companies decide to build a game all the money has to be borrowed from a bank or investors which again is formal legal process. the money is usually provided upfront. the development process for the game follows a strict formal process which means it can either be completed, delayed or cancelled all of which have serious consequences some legal. when the product goes on sale if it flops, the company loses money which leads to studios either being closed and or workers being fired or bankruptcy cases in court. there are numerous examples of what I have described here. at no point is the consumer/ lender/ investor responsible for anything here.

star citizen started as kickstarter donation project which has become a limited liability company, so donations were taken and an Ltd? LLC? company formed. some people are donating/spending more than others on the game so in essence they are supporting everyone from those donating little to the people working on the game, to administrative functions having to do with the game, otherwise it would not have reached this far. the people who donated early were promised a vision, which was then modified so newer buyers? were need to execute this vision, which was then modified again so newer buyers? are needed once more. see where this is going.

im not hoping for the game to fail, I want the game to be released, but I am gonna be clear about what I see happening.

#22 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

So to sum: when there are no controls or limits in place for a starry-eyed developer like Roberts who has an unlimited budget, you get Star Citizen. He will never finish it. The history of mankind is littered with Grand Projects like this that have ultimately failed (although they are typically physical objects like cathedrals, monuments, machines, cities, etc) because of overambition and ego. Add Roberts to the list.

#23 Posted by neatfeatguy (4219 posts) -
@urbangamez said:

@neatfeatguy: I am being sarcastic and joking so im gonna take it that you are too. but in real terms when the 3080 comes out the 2080 will be obsolete tech. star citizen however

Yep, you got me. Just being a smart-ass to entertain myself.

#24 Posted by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

@neatfeatguy said:
@urbangamez said:

Yep, you got me. Just being a smart-ass to entertain myself.

like I said.

#25 Posted by Litchie (22605 posts) -

Sweet. While others throw money at them, I'll just sit back and relax and patiently wait for a finished product. If they finish this game, I'll be there later ready with my moolah.

#26 Edited by Utherellus (23 posts) -

They raised 1.4 million the day before yesterday, in one day.

So not a big deal.

#27 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10208 posts) -
@utherellus said:

They raised 1.4 million the day before yesterday, in one day.

So not a big deal.

dude, this thread is a month old