Star citizen digital ticket plan scrapped

#1 Posted by urbangamez (3394 posts) -

citizen con was going to charge $20 for a digital ticket for access to live streams of the event, fans rebelled and now the plan has been scrapped.

star citizen has been in development since 2011, has not been released and has pulled in over $193,000,000

#2 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

the whole game should be scrapped and Roberts thrown in jail.

#3 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42343 posts) -

Glad they made this decision. Star Citizen is very much a game founded by its fans and supporters as it is one made by the game industry, it would be wrong to charge money for a ticket to view (not attend) the event.

@attirex said:

the whole game should be scrapped and Roberts thrown in jail.

Nah give him a few more years, they need to implement ray tracing now! Also, add in another 20 ships we don't need.

In all seriousness, I'm OK with him taking his time. It would be nice to get Squadron 42, though, while they finish up Star Citizen.

#4 Edited by skipper847 (7290 posts) -

He is getting greedy and seeing what he can get for nothing. He is turning into SKY what does he think it is box office to watch a fight.

#5 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42343 posts) -

It's funny, though, Star Citizen with all it's bugs and alpha-status still pulls me away from Horizon: Zero Dawn and God Of War.

#6 Posted by Random_Matt (3476 posts) -
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's funny, though, Star Citizen with all it's bugs and alpha-status still pulls me away from Horizon: Zero Dawn and God Of War.

Not everyone can like like good games.

#7 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42343 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not everyone can like like good games.

Yeah, I'm way too hipster to like good games.

"You only play finished games? Ugh, how bourgeois..."

#8 Posted by firedrakes (1915 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: got to love sheep. if pixir cant do 4k movies or ray tracing cheap. then i dont believe dev/gpu makers

#9 Posted by skipper847 (7290 posts) -

I still cant play it with out really bad stutter and now sound keeps crashing out. I can play arena command etc perfect but star citizen live universe is horrible. People say if you can play others and not star citizen then its not your PC so I hope they fix the connection issues. A lot of people are having same problem. 3.0 was meant to a OMG update and now its on 3.2.2 update and is worst yet. 5 years for this garbage and dont give me that crap about it been a big game either.

#10 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

This game is to crowd funding what Day Z is to earl access, it will never be in a finished state.

#11 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5980 posts) -

@firedrakes said:

@mrbojangles25: got to love sheep. if pixir cant do 4k movies or ray tracing cheap. then i dont believe dev/gpu makers

The way ray tracing is going to be implemented in games like Metro: Exodus and other up-coming games supporting RTX "ray tracing" isn't anything like what is used in animated films. Doesn't mean what they are using isn't ray tracing though.

#12 Posted by firedrakes (1915 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma: thats the problem now. with game dev/card makers their making their own terms for stuff now. that are not the original meaning terms. i mean i pointed on a asset size issue and boy this dev got mad at me for calling their bs out.(twitter)

#13 Posted by dxmcat (2467 posts) -

LOL Blizzard has been doing virtual ticket access for Blizzcon for years. Wheres the hate campaign posts against that?

Fkin Derps.

#14 Posted by VFighter (4026 posts) -

@dxmcat: Well to be fair blizzard puts out actual working games.

#15 Edited by attirex (1482 posts) -

ZING.

#16 Edited by PredatorRules (12287 posts) -

Can't tell which is bigger flop - No Man's Sky or Star Citizen

Best similar game to get is Elite Dangerous which was updated with land on stars and now features co-op on the same ship.

Loading Video...

#17 Posted by dxmcat (2467 posts) -

Elite Grinderous.

Q4 update is going to kill the game anyway.

#18 Posted by dzimm (5066 posts) -

Star Citizen proves that it's easy to strike it rich in the gaming industry. You just need to have no scruples.

#20 Posted by attirex (1482 posts) -

Is Roberts in jail yet? Hope so!

#21 Posted by Gladestone1 (5693 posts) -

@attirex: Give a reason, Games in development, thats a foolish statement