Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl bug???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Orledjro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Orledjro
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

So I'm playing "Stalker SoC" on my e5200, 9600gt with 2 gigabytes of ram and the game is set to max with full AA. It was doing between 25-75 fps (normally around 40 or 45) then, when I'm underneath the bridge in Cordon where the soldiers irritate you for money (yes, I killed them) it drops suddenly to 15 fps. It clears up afterwards but when I started the game the next day it does it agian. After a while it goes down to 2 fps when I get to the Garbage. It couldn't be a problem with the graphics card because it plays fine on "Crysis" and "Rise of the Argonauts". I don't know how to get rid of it. I've re-installed the game 3 times already. Has this happened to any of you before and does anyone know how to fix it??

Note: I had already finished half the game with smooth frames per a second before this happened.

Thanks in advance.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Did you patch it?
Orledjro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Orledjro

Yup, 1.005 and 1.006.

ErebusGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 ErebusGamer
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts
It's Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl. It's going to be buggy no matter how many patches you have.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I played the vanilla unpatched game and ran into absolutely no bugs :? I assume you're playing vanilla?

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
If it happens at certain points on a map it is likely a transition point between parts of a map - not loading between maps, just loading more of the current map. If you like to hoard items in certain places you can experience a sudden drop in framerate, even a total pause in the game, while it loads the new area along with all the weapons and items in your storage locker. Clearing out a large stash in the problem area would sort it out. I usually found this in Garbage, where I used a stash in the central train depot building to hoard loads of items found on that map. I finally cleared it out when the game would pause for a few seconds when I got close to the building, and got fed up of it happening.
Orledjro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Orledjro

Don't worry guys problem solved. Sorry this may sound stupid but I just re-installed the driver and it was ok. Thanks though.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts
It's Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl. It's going to be buggy no matter how many patches you have.ErebusGamer
Well actually i have been very lucky with both the original and the expansion so no i disagree. You just have to know what your doing.