HoldtheDoooooor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HoldtheDoooooor
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

I’m looking for games, that have multiplayer mode, with split screen on each computer. Meaning, both players control their characters by separate laptops, but the game runs in split screen on each screen. We’re going to buy a projector, but we can only connect it to one laptop. Any ideas? :)

M_T_Mabowels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By M_T_Mabowels
Member since 2009 • 134 Posts

I don’t know about projectors, but I can say that I have an LG 55UH850V Smart 3D 4k Ultra HD HDR 55" LED TV that came with two free pairs of ‘Passive’ 3D spectacles. For my TV one may also purchase, as an extra, two pairs of 'special glasses' that, instead of viewing in 3D, permits one person to view their game on their console screen at the same time as their opponent sees their game. Both in 2D of course. They each see their own game screen on the same telly.

I don’t know the details, but I have a feeling that you may be better off buying an LG. Any display you buy must, of course, support 3D.

P.S. I got my LG in a sale for only £899.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

@holdthedoooooor: What your looking for are steam games that support multiplayer via split screen, the game must support the 360 controller which would allow you to split the controls up. The screen would be cut in half and then projected on the main device. If you want both users to have their own screens you will need another laptop or a software like "ASTER Multiseat " and the game would have to support some kind of network play.

Avatar image for holdthedoooooor
HoldtheDoooooor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HoldtheDoooooor
Member since 2017 • 5 Posts

@zaku101: What I'm looking for, are games for lan/online play with split screen display on both laptop. This way we can connect the projector to one of the laptops, but we can both watch our gameplay on the projected split screen (on the wall). So one laptop connected to the projector, and to the other laptop via interner or lan. The other laptop, is also connected, and the gameplay shows split screen on both laptops. This way I can control the game on my laptop, but still be able to watch the game on the wall. Any ideas? (: