Splinter Cell Blacklist Chat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Are you getting the game? Down the road? Now?

What are you going to be playing the most?
For me its going to be all about spies vs mercs. I use to love that back in the day,

If anyone wants someone to do spies vs mercs and coop with let me know!

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I got this game as a promo from Nvidia when I got my GTX 770, and it's not showing up in my Uplay game list. :( Seems like a common problem right now.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kozzy1234

I got this game as a promo from Nvidia when I got my GTX 770, and it's not showing up in my Uplay game list. :( Seems like a common problem right now.

psn8214

My guess is you will get it later on today. For my Metro Last Light I had to wait till like 3 or 4 pm day of release to get the key to my email.

Lemme know if you dlike to rock soem coop or Spies vs Mercs sometime!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Let us know how the game is. It's got a good metacritic score so far it seems.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psn8214

My guess is you will get it later on today. For my Metro Last Light I had to wait till like 3 or 4 pm day of release to get the key to my email.

kozzy1234

Hopefully. If it doesn't show up by this afternoon I'll contact Ubi's tech support. They're actually not a bad lot compared to, say, EA. Usually pretty prompt and helpful with their responses. My promo code was incorrect and it took them less than a half hour to email me a new one.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

psn8214

Hopefully. If it doesn't show up by this afternoon I'll contact Ubi's tech support. They're actually not a bad lot compared to, say, EA. Usually pretty prompt and helpful with their responses. My promo code was incorrect and it took them less than a half hour to email me a new one.

I once had an issue with my uplay account, called them up, 10 minutes later it was fixed. I was honestly very surprised how fast they fixed the issue.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I'm not convinced it's "THE" Splinter Cell game to get. It looks like more conviction in a new skin (new voice actor, new character skin, etc). It's very much so an action game at heart, not stealth like Chaos Theory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for another Chaos Theory, nor am I fogged by nostalgia. I don't give a rats ass about nostalgia. I just love good games. I paid out $30 for Conviction and I knew what I was getting into because I was hopeful it will be something fresh in a new way. Turns out, I wasn't too crazy about it. It was well executed, just poorly designed. Blacklist seems like a slightly improved version of "more" Conviction. In that sense, I'll pay $10, no more than that. I think it's pretty fair for a game I could do without anyways.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psn8214

I once had an issue with my uplay account, called them up, 10 minutes later it was fixed. I was honestly very surprised how fast they fixed the issue.

kozzy1234

Yup, gave 'em a ring and they provided me with my serial number. :) Score one for Ubi's support. I should have just done this right away, but eh. Anyways, downloading now! Very excited to play this game, the IGN review has me thinkin' this is gonna be my sort of game.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

I'm not convinced it's "THE" Splinter Cell game to get. It looks like more conviction in a new skin (new voice actor, new character skin, etc). It's very much so an action game at heart, not stealth like Chaos Theory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for another Chaos Theory, nor am I fogged by nostalgia. I don't give a rats ass about nostalgia. I just love good games. I paid out $30 for Conviction and I knew what I was getting into because I was hopeful it will be something fresh in a new way. Turns out, I wasn't too crazy about it. It was well executed, just poorly designed. Blacklist seems like a slightly improved version of "more" Conviction. In that sense, I'll pay $10, no more than that. I think it's pretty fair for a game I could do without anyways.Elann2008

Ubisoft "claims" missions can be played in 100's of ways, just want to know if this is pure balony or not. 

lordking65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordking65
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts
I'm not convinced it's "THE" Splinter Cell game to get. It looks like more conviction in a new skin (new voice actor, new character skin, etc). It's very much so an action game at heart, not stealth like Chaos Theory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for another Chaos Theory, nor am I fogged by nostalgia. I don't give a rats ass about nostalgia. I just love good games. I paid out $30 for Conviction and I knew what I was getting into because I was hopeful it will be something fresh in a new way. Turns out, I wasn't too crazy about it. It was well executed, just poorly designed. Blacklist seems like a slightly improved version of "more" Conviction. In that sense, I'll pay $10, no more than that. I think it's pretty fair for a game I could do without anyways.Elann2008
That's nice Anyone have Blacklist in their UPlay yet? I got the stupid email saying it's available, but still nothing.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psn8214

That's nice Anyone have Blacklist in their UPlay yet? I got the stupid email saying it's available, but still nothing.lordking65

I called Ubi tech support. Just have your order number ready and they'll give you a key to put into UPlay. Mine's downloading as I type.

lordking65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lordking65
Member since 2005 • 835 Posts

[QUOTE="lordking65"]That's nice Anyone have Blacklist in their UPlay yet? I got the stupid email saying it's available, but still nothing.psn8214

I called Ubi tech support. Just have your order number ready and they'll give you a key to put into UPlay. Mine's downloading as I type.

greatly appreciated brotha
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kozzy1234

Not really like Conviction imo, especially on the hardest difficulty.

Play it on the hardest difficulty and its more like Pandora and Chaos Theroy tossed mixed with a little of conviction, but it definatly has mroe in common with earlyier games imo (Chaos Theories coop, pandors multi,etc..). So far only thing that reminds me anything like Conviction is the graphics and certain aspects of the campaign, the spies vs mercs and coop is alot like the old games though.

The spies vs Mercs is awesome and im so glad they brought it back, its been to long since it was in a SC game.

I was not a fan of SCC at all, but this one is a good deal better so far. After seeing the old school spies vs mercs back on some videos being played I had to pick it up, plus add in a singleplayer and coop, its definatly jam packed and atleast after 3 hours seems like a huge improvement over Conviction. Running pretty good so far. The fact that everythign else besides Spies and Mercs coming back is good, is a real nice bonus. I was just expecting to enjoy the spies vs mercs.

Singleplayer campaign is not to amazing so far but the spies vs mercs and coop is pretty wicked so far.

Forget what review said this felt like a gumbo pot of Splinter Cell games, but that is pretty true, got the spies vs mercs godoness of pandora, the coop goodness of chaos theroy and the graphics of conviction, with a campaign that has aspects of all the SC games.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm not convinced it's "THE" Splinter Cell game to get. It looks like more conviction in a new skin (new voice actor, new character skin, etc). It's very much so an action game at heart, not stealth like Chaos Theory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for another Chaos Theory, nor am I fogged by nostalgia. I don't give a rats ass about nostalgia. I just love good games. I paid out $30 for Conviction and I knew what I was getting into because I was hopeful it will be something fresh in a new way. Turns out, I wasn't too crazy about it. It was well executed, just poorly designed. Blacklist seems like a slightly improved version of "more" Conviction. In that sense, I'll pay $10, no more than that. I think it's pretty fair for a game I could do without anyways.kozzy1234

Not really like Conviction imo, especially on the hardest difficulty.

Play it on the hardest difficulty and its more like Pandora and Chaos Theroy tossed mixed with a little of conviction, but it definatly has mroe in common with earlyier games imo (Chaos Theories coop, pandors multi,etc..). So far only thing that reminds me anything like Conviction is the graphics and certain aspects of the campaign, the spies vs mercs and coop is alot like the old games though.

The spies vs Mercs is awesome and im so glad they brought it back, its been to long since it was in a SC game.

I was not a fan of SCC at all, but this one is a good deal better so far. After seeing the old school spies vs mercs back on some videos being played I had to pick it up, plus add in a singleplayer and coop, its definatly jam packed and atleast after 3 hours seems like a huge improvement over Conviction. Running pretty good so far.

Singleplayer campaign is not to amazing so far but the spies vs mercs and coop is pretty wicked so far.

Call me crazy, but I have no interest in the co-op. I understand it's the critically acclaimed component of the game that gets the major nod. I'm after the single-player campaign. You mentioned the single-player campaign is not too amazing so far. Why is that so? Just curious.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I'll be playing in a few hours. Still downloading because of this whole Uplay business earlier.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RevanBITW
Member since 2013 • 739 Posts

psn8214

Oh wow same here. Sent a ticket to Ubi's support. Waiting to see what happens.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

RevanBITW

Taken from Ubisoft forums:

Quick Order Look Up
1. You will need to go to the Ubishop Online Store http://shop.ubi.com/
2. Now you will see a Help option in the upper right corner of the Ubishop's home page.
3. Once you have access to the Help page you will be able to enter in your order number and password for the account.
4. Now you will be on your order summary page. You will see the Begin Download option.

RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RevanBITW

[QUOTE="RevanBITW"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

JangoWuzHere

Taken from Ubisoft forums:

Quick Order Look Up
1. You will need to go to the Ubishop Online Store http://shop.ubi.com/
2. Now you will see a Help option in the upper right corner of the Ubishop's home page.
3. Once you have access to the Help page you will be able to enter in your order number and password for the account.
4. Now you will be on your order summary page. You will see the Begin Download option.

All I have is a download Uplay button. Nothing to download the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I kept entering the extra Conviction activation key I had like an idiot. ugh It's working fine now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Pre-ordered (I love the Splinter Cell Series) and my pre-load is complete but hasn't released in Australia yet. Will be playing the campaign and then co-op for the first time in Splinter Cell with a friend. Might the try Mercs vs Spies too. Anyone know if it has inbuilt chat?
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
I didnt pre-order cause I was unsure. As a long time fan of the series the last few clips I saw sold me. Im hoping for an early release today, if not I'll just pick it up tomorrow.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Down the road I will get this game.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

psn8214

I had to go the the find my game link in the email just to get it downloaded. This could not have been any more of an annoying process to get the game, but its currently downloading now!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Are you getting the game? Down the road? Now?

What are you going to be playing the most?
For me its going to be all about spies vs mercs. I use to love that back in the day,

If anyone wants someone to do spies vs mercs and coop with let me know!

kozzy1234
I have purchased every Splinter Cell game on day one, but after Conviction, I decided to wait. I'm a stealth guy, and I have my doubts about the new direction the series has taken. I still want to play it, but given the fact that I'm saving $1.2K between now and November for the next gen consoles, I figured I'd just wait for a price drop. I hope they made it more like the original trilogy and less like Conviction... and it looks like they have, but I can wait.
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I'd get it if it were longer. Not many of my friends play on pc (and the ones that do, don't buy many new titles or have sub par computers), so i may pass on it. Shame, it looked fun and it's getting good reviews. Question is, what do i buy instead? Rome 2 is definitely getting a pre-order soon, but does anything else come out this month/next month?
RevanBITW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RevanBITW

I'd get it if it were longer.kris9031998

Mercs vs Spies. Nuff said.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm not convinced it's "THE" Splinter Cell game to get. It looks like more conviction in a new skin (new voice actor, new character skin, etc). It's very much so an action game at heart, not stealth like Chaos Theory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for another Chaos Theory, nor am I fogged by nostalgia. I don't give a rats ass about nostalgia. I just love good games. I paid out $30 for Conviction and I knew what I was getting into because I was hopeful it will be something fresh in a new way. Turns out, I wasn't too crazy about it. It was well executed, just poorly designed. Blacklist seems like a slightly improved version of "more" Conviction. In that sense, I'll pay $10, no more than that. I think it's pretty fair for a game I could do without anyways.mhofever

Ubisoft "claims" missions can be played in 100's of ways, just want to know if this is pure balony or not. 

Well, 3 outright play styles that you can mix and match. After discovering that the single player is quite bulky, and that you can mix and match different approaches mid mission, I think I'll pick this up when it hits £20