rakrimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rakrimes
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

Ok I have already searched high and low and read many forum posts, they all say KOA and they branch off in discussion on that game and never suggest anything else.

I am looking for an offline game similar to WOW I know that the MMO part is what makes half of WOW but currently I find myself thinking long term and would rather have a offline game I can play whenever and not worrying about the company one day going "F*** It" and there I am left out in the cold so to speak.

I'm open to anything similar and please offline only and btw I have already beaten KOA.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Numen: Contest of Heroes

http://store.steampowered.com/app/60800/

It doesn't have a good rating but I actually thought it was pretty fun. It plays almost exactly like a single player WoW. You move your character around in 3rd person with WASD (or mouse, if you want), target enemies, and use skills that go on cooldown. A lot of the encounters depending on pulling enemies away from packs, etc. It's not quite open world but there's a variety of fairly large maps and a campaign that will take you to a bunch of ancient Greek locations.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@rakrimes said:

Ok I have already searched high and low and read many forum posts, they all say KOA and they branch off in discussion on that game and never suggest anything else.

I am looking for an offline game similar to WOW I know that the MMO part is what makes half of WOW but currently I find myself thinking long term and would rather have a offline game I can play whenever and not worrying about the company one day going "F*** It" and there I am left out in the cold so to speak.

I'm open to anything similar and please offline only and btw I have already beaten KOA.

Have you played the expansion for KOA?

rakrimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rakrimes

@FelipeInside

Yes when I said KOA I Meant Reckoning was late to the game didn't realize Reckoning was an expansion.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Oni
Member since 2002 • 1648 Posts

You could always check out the WoW "Single Player Project". Not many games out there that come to mind. Maybe Divinity 2: Directors cut. It's not really like WoW, but you might like it.

rakrimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rakrimes

@Renevent42 & @Oni

Thank You for the suggestions I was looking at divinity but wasn't sure about I'll give it a shot

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48939 Posts

I'm assuming KOA is Kingdoms of Amular? That's the only thing that really comes to mind.

Divinity 2 is a good recommendation; it's the same universe that the well-received Divinity: Original Sin exists in (a more traditional DnD RPG). It's good, cheap fun like an MMO, but with all the stuff singleplayer might have (exploration, better story). The version out now is kind of a comprehensive "enthusiast" edition where you can play the better updated game, but also launch a "developer" mode (or something along those lines) to better tweak the game to your liking. Really fun, really basic, game.

I also put in recently about an hour into Dragon's Dogma; I think its a Japanese developed game, but it seemed pretty fun. Controls were kind of weird, and like I said I only put in an hour or two, but it seemed pretty damn fun and in a similar vein.

There's also the Risen series.