Some PC games with low system requirements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbefiuO
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I want to play some PC games but I don't have that great of a PC for gaming. I would prefer to play the games offline. My Specs: AMD Dual Core E-450 1.65 GHz AMD Radeon HD 6320 Discrete-Class Graphics 4 GB DDR3 RAM I like games like Quake, Doom ,and RPG's.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

http://www.gog.com/

Go crazy

pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

http://www.gog.com/

Go crazy

Jaysonguy

Except for any modern games on there like the Witcher 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, etc.

jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jbefiuO
Do you have to be online to play the games on GOG like steam? I have been wondering about a few games Bioshock Dead Space Halo 1 Doom 3 Quake 4 can I play any of those
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Do you have to be online to play the games on GOG like steam? I have been wondering about a few games Bioshock Dead Space Halo 1 Doom 3 Quake 4 can I play any of those?jbefiuO

GOG does not utilise DRM whatsoever. This means you can be offline, online, whatever the hell you want, it's up to you. Regarding your second question, you will have to provide your hardware specifictions for us to help you.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hexagon_777

Xonotic and especially Red Eclipse have low system requirements. Give those a go. They are free of charge.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#8 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

You know what you should totally play? Torchlight. That game literally runs on anything. On sale at GoG for $5 (It was free the first day) and will last you a solid 20 or so hours of dungeon crawling, monster smashing, loot snatching goodness.

Get it.

jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jbefiuO

[QUOTE="jbefiuO"]Do you have to be online to play the games on GOG like steam? I have been wondering about a few games Bioshock Dead Space Halo 1 Doom 3 Quake 4 can I play any of those?Hexagon_777

GOG does not utilise DRM whatsoever. This means you can be offline, online, whatever the hell you want, it's up to you. Regarding your second question, you will have to provide your hardware specifictions for us to help you.

The Hardware specifications are in the first post :) I'll check out those other games you suggested ^i'll check it out
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="jbefiuO"]Do you have to be online to play the games on GOG like steam? I have been wondering about a few games Bioshock Dead Space Halo 1 Doom 3 Quake 4 can I play any of those?jbefiuO

The Hardware specifications are in the first post :) I'll check out those other games you suggested ^i'll check it out

You're right! I didn't see that, my apologies. You should be able to play Halo, Doom 3, and Quake 4 just fine.

jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jbefiuO
Any other suggestions?
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hexagon_777

Any other suggestions?jbefiuO
Like I said, Xonotic and Red Eclipse have low system requirements, but there's also Warsow which you could give a shot.

Temporius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Temporius
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts
You might also be interested in ToME 4, nethack, or ADOM, all of which are free of charge (ToME and nethack are also open source), though be warned that they are all VERY difficult. ToME 4 has play times of about 3 months, nethack about 1 year, and ADOM about 5 years, and that doesn't include any of the optional extras you can try for.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hexagon_777

You might also be interested in ToME 4, nethack, or ADOM, all of which are free of charge (ToME and nethack are also open source), though be warned that they are all VERY difficult. ToME 4 has play times of about 3 months, nethack about 1 year, and ADOM about 5 years, and that doesn't include any of the optional extras you can try for.Temporius
Your links require fixing. :)

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

The first couple Hitman games!

Temporius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Temporius
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts

[QUOTE="Temporius"]Hexagon_777

Your links require fixing. :)

FIXED. See also Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, also free/open source.
Mentholum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mentholum
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts
Try Torchlight and Red Eclipse.
jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jbefiuO
I'll be sure to check out Xonotic ,Red Eclipse ,and Warsow But one more Question can I play Transformer War for Cybertron I tried to use Canyourunit.com but I didn't work Help?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

VVVVVV - Fun little platformer that can be very challenging. Music is pretty sweet

To The Moon - Charming adventure game. Very light on the gameplay. Full of video game references with an amazing soundtrack. Emotionally manipulative and has also been known to make some players tear up.

Bastion - Isometric action/RPG. One of the best damn games of this gen. Fun gameplay that is also challening with an amazing soundtrack (and dat narrator).

Hotline Miami - Fantastic game complete with an 80's soundtrack. Intense and difficult but a blast to play.

Super Meat Boy - Between this and Hotline Miami you will have quite a few rage moments. That said SMB is a very fair game. It isn't really cheap so much as it is a reminder that you really suck at games.

Superbrothers: Swords & Sworcery EP - Retro RPG/adventure. A very refreshing and unique experience. Yet another great soundtrack.

Cave Story - Awesome sidescrolling action/adventure game made by one person. Strongly recommended if you enjoy games like Metroid. It's also completely free!

jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jbefiuO
I'm definitely getting Bastion soon I have a question can I play mirror's edge? the site says I can http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=39&game=Mirrors+Edge&p_make=AMD&p_deriv=APU+E-450&gc_make=ATI&gc_deriv=Radeon+HD+6320&ram=4&screenRes_width_FPS=1280&screenRes_height_FPS=1024&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements But I'm not sure how trustworthy that site is
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#23 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Braid - I have nothing but good things to say about it.
ice_ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ice_ranger
Member since 2013 • 125 Posts
hitman 1,2,3, Mafia, gun, Age of empires, Nfs searies till nfs carbon will work good in your system, Virtual fighter, moto cross madness, midtown madness, quake 3 arena, halo 2, halo
jbefiuO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jbefiuO
Can I play enemy territory quake wars?