Some help needed with DVD drives please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 salzdaprinze
Member since 2003 • 766 Posts
So im running Hardware tests with my new Setup, meaning im plugging power to see if they turn on and work properly. Now.. I when i plug the power into my two DVD drives, they power up, everythings okay, But once i connect the IDE cables.. there is no power, nothing and its as if the Drives are dead. At first i thought it was the power connector but then removed the IDE cable and the Drives powered up.  Any help?  Thanks!
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
You'll have to ship your computer to me for me to diagnose the problem... :D
andres_nk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 andres_nk1
Member since 2005 • 43 Posts
well I´ll have to ask you did you configur it right (master/slave) try to see the Pins configuration, if isn´t that change the IDE cable.
salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 salzdaprinze

You'll have to ship your computer to me for me to diagnose the problem... :Dbeatzfreak69

lol. 

salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 salzdaprinze

well I´ll have to ask you did you configur it right (master/slave) try to see the Pins configuration, if isn´t that change the IDE cable.andres_nk1

I have the pins on right, Master/Slave and ive tried two IDE cables.  I plugged in an old HDD and it only powers on when i have the power connected. Once i plug the IDE cable it.. Theres no Power to the drive.  I have have a CPU installed because im just testing to see if Power gets to the drive, which is the case when i dont have an IDE cable plugged in.  If i have the power plugged in along with the power connection, could it be the absent CPU thats causing this?

Jiggly_Wiggly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Jiggly_Wiggly
Member since 2006 • 1912 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if I understood but you need a cpu for this to work, and the ide should have no affect whether power is going to flow throguh there, go into the bios and check what it says.
salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 salzdaprinze

I'm not exactly sure if I understood but you need a cpu for this to work, and the ide should have no affect whether power is going to flow throguh there, go into the bios and check what it says.Jiggly_Wiggly

yeah thats what im saying,  when the ide cable is plugged in.. there is no flow of power but when i unplug the IDE cable.. Theres power to the drive.  Anyone ever had a similar situation like this?  this is a first for me.

salzdaprinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 salzdaprinze
UPDATE......i called eVGA and i guess the CPU is causing the conflict of no power when the IDE is installed  but i didnt think an IDE cable could conflict with power....