so i have this TV, and need help with the cables i should get for it...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
This is my TV: Philips 30PW8402 30 inch TV it's Rear input is: S-Video x 1, Component x 2, Composite x 2, HDMI x 1, Audio (RCA) x 2 output: S-Video x 1, Composite x 1, Audio (RCA) x 1 Front output: S-Video x 1, Composite x 1, Audio (RCA) x 1 more info: http://www2.shopping.com/xPF-30PW8402 im gonna use it for PS3, and i think it's HDTV, since it says HD on it, apparently it supports 1080i (HDTV) and 480p (EDTV), which i have no idea what it is (i know 1080 and 480 and stuff but i still dont know what's the difference between p and i) it's about 5 years old i think. can i play HD with this? and im not sure which cable i should get b/w component cable and HDMI cable (what's the difference b/w them anyway, im really noob when it comes to this kind of stuff...) and plus, i guess component cable for wii will work on this, if ps3 one works, right? thx in advance
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
PS3 = HDMI or nothing. And just so you know just cause you plug in an HD device to a HDtv you'll still have to make adjustments in the system and TV menu. (mainly the system) Good luck. As for your other devices it doesn't matter. Once again PS3 with HDMI or your not getting the best out of it.
Spoogei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Spoogei
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

Get the HDMI cables and run your PS3 into it. Yeah, you may have to change some settings on your TV menu, but you'll see a world of differnence from Component cables and HDMI. Again, look online for HDMI cables. One person said they found it them on Amazon for $0.99. I got mine on Craig's list for $5, just 3 blocks away. Don't go to your electronics store and drop the $50+ on it. Besides, uniess you have some other things with HDMI, your PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player, so you're good with that. Good luck!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
so i guess my tv is compatible with hdmi? thx for the answers, guys! now i guess i can read something in mgs4
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
so i guess my tv is compatible with hdmi? Well the specs say it is. Unless the specs are incorrect. Just turn it around and look for a port with the word "Hdmi" next to it. Its small and rectangular.