SNES Connected to HDTV, Audio but No Video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshbaezmusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joshbaezmusic
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hi everyone, Recently, I found my old SNES and began to connect it to my Samsung HDTV via my Yamaha AX-V565 Receiver. Now that it's connected, I can hear the game playing perfectly fine, but there is no video coming up. I am using the standard Red/White/Yellow cables. Please help!
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Maybe your receiver isn't upconverting the signal if your using a hdmi cable to your TV
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Is it on the right video input? Maybe you selected the right audio input but the wrong video.

Blistrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Blistrax
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
[QUOTE="joshbaezmusic"]Hi everyone, Recently, I found my old SNES and began to connect it to my Samsung HDTV via my Yamaha AX-V565 Receiver. Now that it's connected, I can hear the game playing perfectly fine, but there is no video coming up. I am using the standard Red/White/Yellow cables. Please help!

What MonsieurX said. Analog inputs won't go to HDMI outputs. There is good information at the Yamaha website. If your AVR is actually an RX-V565, try this page: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v565_black__u/?mode=model There is a link for "RX-V565 Game Console Hookup Diagram for Component Video/Analog Audio [English / 276KB]".
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
If you're certain it's hooked up and set correctly, perhaps the Yamaha doesn't recognize the low resolution of the SNES? There are quite a few old things I can't hook up to my receiver because the resolution isn't recognized by it... Not sure if other receivers have this problem but mine at the very least has it (Onkyo TX SR-607).
sruane23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sruane23
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Hi everyone, Recently, I found my old SNES and began to connect it to my Samsung HDTV via my Yamaha AX-V565 Receiver. Now that it's connected, I can hear the game playing perfectly fine, but there is no video coming up. I am using the standard Red/White/Yellow cables. Please help! joshbaezmusic

I would plug it in to the 1 component input you have on that receiver. The yellow should go in to the green under component, this shouldn't give you any issues with it going to your tv through the HDMI out on the receiver.