NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I was wondering what you all thought of the these two ambitious projects. There's definitely a lot to be done and who knows if they will ever finish them. But if they do, I would definitely waste more hours in Skyrim.

Skywind Official Development Video 3

Skyblivion "First Dawn" Trailer

And for those who like music, here's some stuff in the works that'll be featured in Skywind from Fredrik Jonasson. I hope this guy gets chance to compose music in the game industry. The other stuff he's doing for Skywind sounds amazing:

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

I been checking on this off and on for a while. I hope they finish it sometime. Sounds like it'll turn Morrowind and Oblivion into a new game, some of the screenshots are insane for morrowind, they look like a brand new game.

Theres also a project that is playable called Morroblivion. Its Morrowind running using the Oblivion game engine. I never even played Oblivion on pc, i played it on xbox 360 first, but i did buy it on PC a while back thinking i would replay it sometime for PC. Probably would be a good to try it out when i get some more free time.

Anyone tried Morroblivion before? Does it work?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Morroblivion was a huge buggy mess and quite unplayable. I still have a year old version of Skywind installed which is leagues better

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Since I haven't played Morrowind(and the original game is far too dated now), I've been keeping an eye on Skywind. Wonder when they'll complete development though. Nevertheless, those guys are pretty commited and deserve an applause.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#5  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

I have my doubts that these projects will complete. I mean, they've showed stuff for now, but Fallout 4 will be coming and the mod community is very competitive; talent working on the project might end up putting it on hold to get an early jump on Fallout 4 modding and shift their focus on that game.

I am actually more excited about the Beyond Skyrim Project which is a lore-friendly implementation of some regions of Cyrodill in the era Skyrim is set at, it's a more realistic project as it will be released in region modules, starting with Bruma. Also, Enderal in another Skyrim project that seems more interesting and that team has completed a mod before (Nehrim). I dunno about you, but I already played Morrowind and Oblivion, so I prefer brand new content.

You also have to keep note that alot of the good gameplay mods likely wont work with either, without someone porting them over. So they may not be fun for people who didnt like alot of the vanilla game mechanics (like myself).

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

This is awesome. Althought I hope it completes soon

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

I'm really excited particularly for Skywind. I actually enjoyed Morroblivion a bit too, though it was always rough around the edges. Particularly, for some creatures and environments they seemed to rely on the Morrowind assets which made the game's graphics incredibly uneven. In Skywind, it looks like they've put a TON of effort into the creatures and environments to keep everything at the same graphical fidelity. It looks like a great way to re-experience Morrowind. Which is good, because I haven't seen another RPG offer a location quite as strange or enjoyable as Morrowind so I hope plenty of new players get to experience this.