Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Skyrim or Fallout 4 (31 votes)

Skyrim 74%
Fallout 4 26%

Hello everyone,

So I have simulteneously started playing both of these games (spending 4hrs on each game per day, I am off work for 3weeks lol), and I must say I am enjoying both immensely. I am leaning more towards Skyrim because I am a fan of fantasy rpg.

Have you guys completed it? How long did it take you? Which one would you prefer and why?

• 
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Both aren't very good, but if I had to play one then I'd pick Skyrim because of the mods.

LuminousAether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LuminousAether
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts

Both are incredible masterpieces, both should be played. I like Fallout 4 more.

I didn't finish Skyrim but I played it for over 200 hours before stopping.

It took me about 140 hours my first time through Fallout 4. I've spent about that much time in a replay in survival mode and I'm not finished yet, but survival mode is way more time consuming because you can't fast travel.

Fallout 4 is my pick for best single player game ever made.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Both aren't very good, but if I had to play one then I'd pick Skyrim because of the mods.

Fallout 4 is newer... Naturally that gives modders more time to make mods for Skyrim than Fallout 4. I expect them to even out after a while.

I've yet to play FO4, but will this summer. If anything from previous games matter. I enjoyed Oblivion more than Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Skyrim more than Oblivion. A lot more actually. I think it has a lot to do with the settings. Not to fond of the Fallout wasteland, I much more prefer the magical world of Skyrim. Still looking forward to FO4...

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Both are good, but i ultimately liked the atmosphere of Skyrim more. It's fun to do headshots with VATS in Fallout 4, though. So tasty.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Currently playing fallout 4. Played skyrim and restarted it tones of times and never completed it. Same with fallout 4 for that matter.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Back 4 years ago maybe Skyrim could be a competition but now with the Fallout 4 graphics, Skyrim is a lot oudated. But Skyrim still a very good game.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

both are great choices, but for right now fallout 4,

waiting could be better there is sure to be a goty fallout 4 with all the dlc and skyrim enhanced edition will be released later this year.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Skyrim by a mile. Fallout 4 doesn't even come close imo.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

@draco_evolve: Hello.

I have played both FO4 and Skyrim, for 200 and 150 hours each.

Although FO4 is bigger, has better graphics and gameplay, since you like fantasy RPG more, then Skyrim is a better option.

FO4 would be better if you liked post apocalyptic RPGs more.

edit: Although I played 150h-200h each game (FONV, Skyrim, FO4) I never finished any of them. Wtf is wrong with me? :(

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

What do you do when you die in these games. I get so mad. Even If I saved.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Skyrim felt similar to it's predecessors, but still like a new game. I got through Fallout 4 once...and it just felt like another Fallout 3 to me. There were some cool ideas...don't get me wrong. It was a fun game. Just felt like I'd been there/done that so much I don't know if I can get another playthrough in. I have to admit, Fallout 4's graphics were not to the level I expected...maybe that had something to do with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: sure, bub

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Fallout 4 was crap.

Skyrim might have as much bugs, just as mundane combat, but the world is awesome.

Fallout 4 was horrible especially after playing Witcher 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@undefined:

I haven't completed either game, but I have put about 900 hours into Skyrim and about 125 hours in Fallout 4.

I think that Skyrim is the better and more epic game, where as Fallout 4 while good, just seems like a rehash of Fallout 3. Don't get me wrong, things have improved, but they just haven't changed enough.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JigglyWiggly_

@Mighty-Lu-Bu said:

@JigglyWiggly_: sure, bub

The movement is completely disconnected, you have near infinite acceleration when strafing left and right. It feels like you are floating when you are running. If you go above ~100-120 fps the game engine breaks and you start floating in mid air. This happened to me when I played it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dfSmHjq5g&t=20s

The main story is awfully done and I beat the game in 8 hours. The production values were extremely low. The last boss fight was over in around 15 minutes including cutscenes. Npcs look like dolls, they don't have proper facial expressioons. There are so few voice actors in the game. The game is full of bugs, especially physics related ones. The combat is garbage and all you have to do is spam left click. The world is mostly copy and pasted.

The Witcher 3 is a master piece and is how an open world game can be done if you have talented developers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@JigglyWiggly_: I don't know what version of Skyrim you are playing, but that doesn't happen in mine. A modded Skyrim is one of the best RPG experiences out there. Sure, there were bugs at launch, but patches and the unofficial Skyrim patches of fixed most if not all of these.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JigglyWiggly_

@Mighty-Lu-Bu said:

@JigglyWiggly_: I don't know what version of Skyrim you are playing, but that doesn't happen in mine. A modded Skyrim is one of the best RPG experiences out there. Sure, there were bugs at launch, but patches and the unofficial Skyrim patches of fixed most if not all of these.

That bug happens if you go over 120fps in the intro. It still happens even on the lateset patch. It's a game engine bug there is no patch to fix it. Modded skyrim can be cool, but I was talking about the vanilla game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

@JigglyWiggly_: Sure there were bugs in the vanilla game, but like I said these are ironed outhe with patches. Plus, the Skyrim remaster will be coming out and with DirectX 11 support it will be an amazing experience.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#19 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I don't really like either, but if I stranded on an island and could only bring one, it'd be Skyrim.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: I don't think this is a bug.

Its probably a limitation from the 10(?) years old engine.

There is also an other bug when you play at 4K with the game interface.

My guess is that the game engine doesn't support either 144Hz nor 4K...

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

Skyrim hands down! It used to be Oblivion, but after a while, Skyrim is my number 1. I've nearly spent 200hours on that game. Fallout 4 i've played for about 20hours. It got pretty boring rather quickly though. It's not as good as i had hoped, but i'll still give it another go though from time to time.

In order of games if you include Oblivion and Fallout 3, its Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout 4

Draco_Evolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Draco_Evolve
Member since 2016 • 87 Posts

Right, i almost completed Skyrim and i must say what a game! loving it! Fallout 4 is very addictive too but I guess my love for fantasy got the better of me at the end. I will complete fallout 4 though