Skyrim- mouse controls? unresponsive and unusable for menus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leonjuretic
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts

I hope this is something that isn't across the board, but starting with the character creation screen, all my mouse does is scroll from top to bottom (when i move it).

menus only work with wasd+enter, and i can't assing weapons to left click (only right click), this is a ui only issue as the rest of the game is functional with keboard+mouse, but due to the amount of navigation through menus this game needs i find it impossible to play without a controller (ofc they work just fine)...which doesn't allow for the same immersion for me.

Has anyone found a solution to this (ive seen a few posts over the web about disabling gamepads etc-doesn't work)

also, gamepads have the same issues with system menu- they just scroll endlessly, i managed to stop it by unplugging my controller and then using my mouse and moving it to the side, didn't work the second time

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
The only time I couldn't use my mouse for the menu's was when I started the game with my 360 controller plugged in...I only noticed because all the control tooltips were saying things like "press A" ect. I exited out of the game, unplugged my controller, and when I restarted all was well again. Anyways I think I read somewhere the is a control setting in the menu somewhere where you can switch between KB/M and controller.
Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
The only time I couldn't use my mouse for the menu's was when I started the game with my 360 controller plugged in...I only noticed because all the control tooltips were saying things like "press A" ect. I exited out of the game, unplugged my controller, and when I restarted all was well again. Anyways I think I read somewhere the is a control setting in the menu somewhere where you can switch between KB/M and controller.Renevent42
Yes, you can switch between 360 controller / KB+M mid-game. All you have to do is go to settings -> gameplay-> and it should have the option of checking or un-checking the 360 gamepad box.
leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 leonjuretic

this i know, and have already mentioned i tried around, there is still some sort of bug where the sliders go crazy every time i go into wait (T or back- kebyboard/controller) its like im constantly scrolling and it never stops... it really annoys me that i have a game and the ui is preventing me from enjoying it fully.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

It's been working just fine for me, same as any other games menu's. Works as intended on my screen, wonder what it would be to cause that kind of issue. Mouse driver issue maybe?

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
You use WASD to maneuver through the menu's.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
You use WASD to maneuver through the menu's.-CheeseEater-
This. When I was creating my character I was getting frustrated using my mouse but I soon found out it was much, much easier to use WASD to maneuver through the selections and menu.
leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 leonjuretic

how can i explain the issue better...

I can use the menus with w,a,s,d. That being said anything with sliders i cannot control.

For example, the wait (sleep button)- T, when i press it goes to the right uncontrollably, i can click the mouse where i want, but it will still go to 24 hours instantly and its not possible to stop it.

Another one would be going into system and display, i get crazy scrolling that messes up my setting completely, it goes up and down and all get maxed/lowered etc.

I've tried disabling my mouse completely but this is a issue that persists with the controller aswell.

leonjuretic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leonjuretic

Hmm well the game fixed itself when i cranked everything (including the ini tweaks listed on pcgamers skyrim tweaks) and it responds great to the mouse scrolls, no control issues at all.

Vsync thing from the link really improved my mouse precision (as well as shot the game well above 60 fps) (fyi i7, 6g ram, 4890 ati hd...basically the recommended setup they wrote)

Pandafloyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pandafloyo
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Oh my gosh thank you sooo much! I was having this problem, and little did I know. My big brother was playing with a controller as well and it was upside down and it was causing everything to move. I panicked and re installed the game multiple times thinking something was wrong, and i deleted everything i had before realizing this was the problem :P But now i know, and i am soooo relieved thank you!!
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I've not had any trouble at all with the menus, but then again I bought my game off steam.
tyler0230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tyler0230
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
what link is it you are talking about when you say you fixed it you dont give much description on where you went just i followed the link
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
what link is it you are talking about when you say you fixed it you dont give much description on where you went just i followed the linktyler0230
please don't bring old thread back from the dead. make new one lol. If you having issues like dude said above. have you recently downloaded a mod? Once happen to me. i had to go delete the mod and problem went alway