This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Started looking for a new laptop for the next semester,few people suggested waiting on the new chip but can't find any recent info\news\reports.

What's up?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Broadwell is the one you should look for right now, Skylake? you'll have to wait a few months, might be at the end of this year.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Are you going to use Skylake's GPU?

@PredatorRules: Intel's Skylake is coming very soon like August and Mobile chips around October:

:P

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX

@PredatorRules said:

Broadwell is the one you should look for right now, Skylake? you'll have to wait a few months, might be at the end of this year.

Saw reports about late August, early September.

@Coseniath said:

Nope, mostly interested in the low power usage\extended battery life

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/infrastructure/intel-skylake-five-new-insights-3614745/

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

@Coseniath said:

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/infrastructure/intel-skylake-five-new-insights-3614745/

There will be a lot new features with Skylake like DDR4 too (that will raise the price too).

I was asking about the GPU cause of this Skylake is gonna focus (performance wise) heavily in GPU. (it will have a GPU that equals to GTX750ti in performance)

Well, if you can wait, you are always getting a better product when it comes to PC hardware...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX

@Coseniath said:
@MonsieurX said:
@Coseniath said:

There will be a lot new features with Skylake like DDR4 too (that will raise the price too).

I was asking about the GPU cause of this Skylake is gonna focus (performance wise) heavily in GPU.

Well, if you can wait, you are always getting a better product when it comes to PC hardware...

Well,I'm not in a hurry to buy the thing. Waiting to see a deal(stupid Canadian money :( ),which I'll most likely see right before back to school

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

So, as a college student who has a 6 year old PC, do you guys think Skylake is worth it and coming soon enough to warrant the waiting? I'm currently on summer vacation and would love to play some of the more recent games, but I also don't want to get the short end of the stick in terms of hardware that's around the corner.

I'm willing to wait, but late August/early September kind of kills my hype and free time if I wait for Skylake, since I would be back at school around that time.