Sims 3 update problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dusty8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dusty8
Member since 2010 • 318 Posts

I just updated my game and now whenever I try to play it says "The sims 3 base game is incompatible with current Sims 3 expansion pack. Please update via the game launcher" yet when I go to update it says my game is up to date. I have already tried to run as administrater but that didnt change it. The expansion I have is world adventures if that has to do with it.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

When you updated it, you should have gotten an update for the expansion and one for the base game. It should have installed both updates.

Dusty8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dusty8

When you updated it, you should have gotten an update for the expansion and one for the base game. It should have installed both updates.

mkaliaz
Ya I did that
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Sim patch up dates are not always the best..They have had problems with updates in the past before..It might not be the your problem but on there end..It happens to me very often with my wifes versions..Than later on they fix that problem..Its been doing this for two years since the sims 3 was out..Not sure what there problem is with patch updates but its annoying at times..It might be fixed bye the time late night hits..

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mkaliaz

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Dusty8

Ya I did that

Ok, check this. Load up your Sims 3 Game Launcher.

Check the version number in the bottom left. Mine says 2.10.5.008001

Now, scroll your mouse over the little icons in the bottom left. You should have one for Sims 3 and one for World Adventure. It should give a version number. Mine says 1.15.34.008001 for Sims 3 and 2.10.5.008001 for World Adventure.

Dusty8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dusty8
[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

[QUOTE="Dusty8"][QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Ya I did that

Now, scroll your mouse over the little icons in the bottom left. You should have one for Sims 3 and one for World Adventure. It should give a version number. Mine says 1.15.34.008001 for Sims 3 and 2.10.5.008001 for World Adventure.

ok, it looks like only my world adventures is up to date so I put the Sims 3 disk in to update that but it says that it is up to date but it looks like yours is newer.
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mkaliaz

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

[QUOTE="Dusty8"] Ya I did thatDusty8

ok, it looks like only my world adventures is up to date so I put the Sims 3 disk in to update that but it says that it is up to date but it looks like yours is newer.

OK, go here.. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3/Patch_15

Select your game / language and you can download the manual install file.