@Grey_Eyed_Elf: @ronvalencia: @BassMan:
got more back for my 1070 used than i initially paid for it.
I'm in that same boat, which is why I'm in this pickle to begin with. I have house money to play with on this upgrade since I have 2 cards to get out from under that are going for a premium at the moment. If the 1080 Ti's drop some when Vega drops, I will pick one up. I think I'm gonna wait until Asus drops their new monitors next year to worry about that upgrade. I can justify upgrading GPUs every year or two. A monitor? Not so much. Especially one that cost $1K+
Thanks everyone for the info!