Show Us Your Stuff - v2.0

#701 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6477 posts) -

@TDuiker said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Just got the NF-F12 PWM fans this morning and installed them... Night and day in terms of the noise they make and the temps are better. Probably the best purchase I could make to be honest super quiet system now! GPU stays below 60c and CPU hovers around 58-66c during gaming.

I got the industrial ppc variant of those on my rad. theyre nice :D

Super quiet and in a weird way I like the poop look... :)

#702 Posted by TDuiker (11689 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@TDuiker said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Just got the NF-F12 PWM fans this morning and installed them... Night and day in terms of the noise they make and the temps are better. Probably the best purchase I could make to be honest super quiet system now! GPU stays below 60c and CPU hovers around 58-66c during gaming.

The " poop look" signifies that you got quality fans :P Plus IPPC fans are black ;) you also got reduxx ones, wich are grey :P ;)

#703 Edited by BassMan (10520 posts) -

@TDuiker said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@TDuiker said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The " poop look" signifies that you got quality fans :P Plus IPPC fans are black ;) you also got reduxx ones, wich are grey :P ;)

Yeah, the poop fans do their job well. I don't want to discriminate based on appearance. Especially since my case is closed and you can't see shit anyway. hehe :)

#704 Edited by Horgen (120857 posts) -

I'm inching closer towards ordering 3950X as soon as I can, as the 3900X does not seem to arrive any day soon.

Edit: Or cancel the whole thing and wait another year.

#705 Posted by BassMan (10520 posts) -

@horgen: 16C/32T...

#706 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@BassMan: It costs more than I really want to put in a CPU...

#707 Posted by BassMan (10520 posts) -

@horgen said:

Yeah, it is overkill for gaming, but good for production tasks. My brother ordered a 3700X for his new build. He is coming from a 4770K and only cares about gaming performance. It should alleviate some bottlenecks on games that make use of a lot of threads like Battlefield.

#708 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@horgen said:

Yeah, it is overkill for gaming, but good for production tasks. My brother ordered a 3700X for his new build. He is coming from a 4770K and only cares about gaming performance. It should alleviate some bottlenecks on games that make use of a lot of threads like Battlefield.

I could change to 3700X or 3800X and have it next week.

I realized I need a new block too for the CPU. Not that a new block is a big investment.

I'll cancel my order and think about it this for awhile. I've already bought RTX 2080 this year and hoped that would be enough for this year. Maybe I should prioritize a new PSU. The family/folding computer have had the same one since 2013. Get a Titan rated for my main and put this one in the family computer.

#709 Posted by firedrakes (1965 posts) -

wanted to ask did my pic i uploaded to show off ever show up ??? seeing i was having issue with it. i did post the spec but have mod it since then.

#710 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@firedrakes said:

wanted to ask did my pic i uploaded to show off ever show up ??? seeing i was having issue with it. i did post the spec but have mod it since then.

Seeing as you have no pics on your profile, I don't think so.

#711 Posted by firedrakes (1965 posts) -

@horgen : now that gone..... ok i will figure out why. thank you on that

#712 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@firedrakes: If you try to post it, it will automatically upload to your profile.

#713 Posted by Bikouchu35 (8320 posts) -

Some accessories that brought me closer to 2019 than from the stone age. First time owning a 144 flicker free monitor, I think the non-pwm part already had me sold, but I'll still be returning it cause it seems like the 24" ips ones that I was looking for is finally coming.

I also got a wifi 6/Bt 5 ax200 intel chip card. I got fed up with my cheap usb wifi, I kept thinking my wifi sucked, but after some research it turns getting a modern beefy chip makes a huge difference and that my adapter before was just an utter disgrace. I'm sure the heat sink tacked on and antenna doesn't hurt either.

#714 Posted by firedrakes (1965 posts) -

@horgen: ok that strange all the images in profile gallery are gone. i mean all of them. old avatars etc.... will re upload stuff today and see if it sticks

#715 Edited by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@firedrakes said:

@horgen: ok that strange all the images in profile gallery are gone. i mean all of them. old avatars etc.... will re upload stuff today and see if it sticks

How long ago did you upload them? In the last major design overhaul here, a lot of user generated content was not brought over. User videos were lost. I lost some 10K posts.

#716 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@Bikouchu35: I got 144Hz monitor not so long ago too. So much smoother than 60Hz. Next up is perhaps CPU for you?

#717 Edited by Bikouchu35 (8320 posts) -
@horgen said:

@Bikouchu35: I got 144Hz monitor not so long ago too. So much smoother than 60Hz. Next up is perhaps CPU for you?

Its a ryzen 5 2600 that I got earlier this year. I'm not exactly pressed to upgrade, but the 3600 and up are nice. Even the 3600 itself is a good boost and inexpensive, I may very well get more fps to the dollar upgrading that than a gpu.

#718 Posted by firedrakes (1965 posts) -

@horgen: late last year. but for the avatars those where before that.

#719 Posted by Horgen (120857 posts) -

@Bikouchu35 said:
@horgen said:

Its a ryzen 5 2600 that I got earlier this year. I'm not exactly pressed to upgrade, but the 3600 and up are nice. Even the 3600 itself is a good boost and inexpensive, I may very well get more fps to the dollar upgrading that than a gpu.

Thought it was an older Intel 2600.

@firedrakes said:

@horgen: late last year. but for the avatars those where before that.

Shouldn't have been deleted then.

#720 Edited by Horgen (120857 posts) -

So those with X570 mobos... How is the chipset fan?