Show Us Your Stuff - v2.0

#551 Posted by AcidTango (1678 posts) -

@horgen:

Gigabyte is a much bigger beast. This is my RTX 2060 Video Card from them

#552 Posted by DaVillain- (36957 posts) -

@XVision84: @BassMan: I wanted to give my 1080Ti on my Daughter's upcoming birthday (both of our B'day are in May) and man, those 10XX series are overprice, especially 1080Ti, it made sense to go grab myself a 2070 only because I had a $100 amazon gift card to warrant the 2070 purchase.

Time to pass on my gaming legacy ya'know :)

#553 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

@horgen:

Gigabyte is a much bigger beast. This is my RTX 2060 Video Card from them

I got the Gigabyte RTX 2080 and imo that card isn't so big. The MSI cards are wide. Could fit a 120mm fan on them.

#554 Posted by AcidTango (1678 posts) -

@horgen: Sorry I misread your comments. Yeah you're right. The MSI cards are indeed very wide. And their Duke cards are freaking massive.

#555 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

@horgen: Sorry I misread your comments. Yeah you're right. The MSI cards are indeed very wide. And their Duke cards are freaking massive.

In general the heatsinks are much bigger than before.

#556 Posted by DaVillain- (36957 posts) -

@horgen: @AcidTango: It just seems that the RTX cards are all bulky then the GTX 10XX series. The one I have is heavy then it looks.

#557 Posted by SaintSatan (1986 posts) -

Some faster RAM and new lighting inside and on the back of the case. This is probably gonna be it for upgrades until the next gen of GPU's that can handle ray-tracing better.

#558 Edited by AcidTango (1678 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@horgen: @AcidTango: It just seems that the RTX cards are all bulky then the GTX 10XX series. The one I have is heavy then it looks.

Yeah I agree. My old GTX 1060 6GB and current RTX 2060 cards are both made from Gigabyte and the RTX 2060 card is way larger and bulkier then the GTX 1060. I just wonder how much bigger these cards can get in the future.

#559 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@AcidTango said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah I agree. My old GTX 1060 6GB and current RTX 2060 cards are both made from Gigabyte and the RTX 2060 card is way larger and bulkier then the GTX 1060. I just wonder how much bigger these cards can get in the future.

It's to keep them quiet.

MSI imo has done a real good job at that with those larger fans.

#560 Posted by Byshop (19572 posts) -

#561 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@Byshop: Do you got bright RAM sticks or simply placed a LED lightstrip in there?

#562 Edited by Byshop (19572 posts) -

@horgen said:

@Byshop: Do you got bright RAM sticks or simply placed a LED lightstrip in there?

RGB RAM believe it or not.

#563 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@Byshop said:
@horgen said:

RGB RAM believe it or not.

I almost want to buy that.

#564 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

New monitor.

#565 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

What's better than one 3440*1440 monitor? Two of course.

The bottom one is the new one. The upper was my previous main screen, now work as a secondary monitor. Will use it mainly with my PS4. The new monitor is the LG 34GK950F. Yup, despite running with RTX 2080, I got a freesync monitor :P 144Hz at 3440*1440 :D

#566 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@horgen: Dual ultrawide....

How is the G-Sync performance with the new monitor? Is it one of the supported FreeSync monitors?

#567 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@Byshop: Your battle station is looking cool as always. :)

#568 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@BassMan said:

@horgen: Dual ultrawide....

How is the G-Sync performance with the new monitor? Is it one of the supported FreeSync monitors?

Hard to say. It isn't one of the supported ones. Currently got it disabled as I only get a black image when I try to game with it. However, the monitor is set to freesync on (extended). I have tried to force some tearing but can't notice any. GTA V gives a nice variable framerate, thought it would be obvious there. I'll try some more, other games as well.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#569 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3254 posts) -

Going from a 2080 to a 2080Ti. Just waiting on the 144hz/1440p Asus monitor to arrive...

#571 Edited by Swedish_Chef (623 posts) -

My work in progress

I told myself I'd never build another M-ITX PC, buuuuuut I found myself doing it again. At least the Corsair 280x hasn't cut up my hand like the EVGA hadron did.

Build will be:

• Ryzen 5
  • Gigagbyte RX 590
  • ASUS X470-I mobo
  • GSkill Trident Z 3200 16GB
  • Deepcool Castle 240 AIO
  • Samsung Evo 1TB SSD

I have a Lian Li Strimer 24 pin cable, buuut I just don't see it working. It is really not flexible and the cutout is so close to the motherboard. So that was kind of sad.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#572 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3254 posts) -

@Swedish_Chef: mitx is probably my favorite. Good luck!!! I look forward to showing off my itx build soon as well!

#573 Edited by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

@kitty said:

finally stopped being lazy and I'm making some small upgrades to my PC for now.... at least I don't have to spend a lot.

Snagged this 1070 new for $200

Next month I'm swapping cpus out. I scored a deal for a i7 4790k for $100 from a long time friend.

Will look to maybe swap off this completely later this year.

to the new ryzen maybe? not sure yet.

Sony has declared CPU level for PS5.

#574 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@kitty said:

finally stopped being lazy and I'm making some small upgrades to my PC for now.... at least I don't have to spend a lot.

Snagged this 1070 new for $200

Next month I'm swapping cpus out. I scored a deal for a i7 4790k for $100 from a long time friend.

Will look to maybe swap off this completely later this year.

to the new ryzen maybe? not sure yet.

Sony has declared CPU level for PS5.

#575 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@ronvalencia: Huh? I don't follow.

#576 Posted by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

@horgen said:

Any new CPU purchase should be equal to better than PS5's CPU.

#577 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

Oh. Well that means better for me. I'm really considering getting Ryzen 3XXX gen processor. I want more than the 4 cores I got atm. But I've already spent a lot of money on my computer this year.

#578 Posted by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

@horgen said:
@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

Oh. Well that means better for me. I'm really considering getting Ryzen 3XXX gen processor. I want more than the 4 cores I got atm. But I've already spent a lot of money on my computer this year.

For Zen 2

Ryzen 5 has 8 cores, gains 2 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 7 has 12 cores, gains 4 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 9 has 16 cores.

Zen 2's Ryzen 7 price segment gains 4 extra cores. Ryzen 9 seems to be higher priced SKU.

#579 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:
@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

For Zen 2

Ryzen 5 has 8 cores, gains 2 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 7 has 12 cores, gains 4 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 9 has 16 cores.

Zen 2's Ryzen 7 price segment gains 4 extra cores. Ryzen 9 seems to be higher priced SKU.

Ryzen 9 is the new 1800X I think in terms of price.

Ryzen 7 is the one I have thought about. But that was before this monitor purchase.

#580 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6460 posts) -

A friend who works for a UK e-tailer got me a Zotac RTX 2080 AMP for a bargain price of £440... Sold my RTX 2070 Strix for £400, £40 extra for a RTX 2080 yes please. I managed to get it to 2100MHz on the core and 15,300MHz(7650) on the memory, here's the firestrike score: 23157.

Here are some pics:

#581 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: that is a great deal. Congrats.

#582 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6460 posts) -

@BassMan said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: that is a great deal. Congrats.

Sure is... Just wish he could have got me the deal prior to building the PC :(.

#583 Edited by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

PC Rig No. 2, resurrected Intel Core i7-7820X 8C/16T (AVX-512) with ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming replacement motherboard. LEDs are ARGB (addressable RGB) from the motherboard's ASUS AURA.

My old MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard developed a USB 2.0 host fault with it's data rails while it's power rails are still okay. MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard doesn't have ARGB. MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard currently located with MSI for warranty repairs.

ARGB memory modules was also warranty replaced due to SPD design fault corruption. Another RAM modules model was issued.

----------

PC Rig No. 1.

#584 Posted by Byshop (19572 posts) -

Replaced this wall cable guide for my projector with installed wall plates.

#585 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@Byshop: I think you have posted about them before, but what are the triangle light you got on the wall there?

#586 Posted by Byshop (19572 posts) -

@horgen said:

@Byshop: I think you have posted about them before, but what are the triangle light you got on the wall there?

Nanoleaf light panels. They have a few different shapes but these triangular ones are their most popular. They are pretty slick but they are also pretty trendy. You'll see them in the background of pretty much every "battlestation" shot on reddit. Still, I like the way they look. I also have LifX lights elsewhere in the basement which are the same idea but a different style.

#587 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@Byshop said:
@horgen said:

Nanoleaf light panels. They have a few different shapes but these triangular ones are their most popular. They are pretty slick but they are also pretty trendy. You'll see them in the background of pretty much every "battlestation" shot on reddit. Still, I like the way they look. I also have LifX lights elsewhere in the basement which are the same idea but a different style.

Thanks.

And holy F that is expensive. I looked up them up here. 9 panels for the equivalent of 200$. Do they require internet connection?

#588 Posted by Byshop (19572 posts) -

@horgen said:
@Byshop said:
@horgen said:

Thanks.

And holy F that is expensive. I looked up them up here. 9 panels for the equivalent of 200$. Do they require internet connection?

LifX are cloud based. The API is public and your system is referenced by API key. The Nanoleaf stuff exposes a local API where you hit the IP address of the controller directly over your LAN. I assume the mobile apps for each follow these patterns, but I don't know for certain. I just know what's documented and how I access them when I'm writing my own API calls/drivers.

#589 Posted by Horgen (120631 posts) -

@Byshop: Ok. I'll have them marked on a pricing site so I don't forget about them. ATM I should first get a new CPU. Hoping AMD 3000 CPU will deliver.

#590 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@ronvalencia: I see you are throwing multiple disco parties. hehe :)

@Byshop: I am liking those light panels and your projector setup.

#591 Posted by Byshop (19572 posts) -

@BassMan said:

Thanks. I have a multi-room receiver that manages all the different sources to the projector and other TVs on that level. I can use my computer in my office or walk into the next room where I have a wireless KB/Mouse hooked up via USB hub and play on the 4k projector instead.

The above diagram is out of date but it's mostly accurate.

@horgen:

Yeah, these decorative options aren't the cheapest but you can think of them as actual household lighting. Both the Nano and LifX are RGBW, meaning they have dedicated white LEDs as well. They are both very bright and can easily illuminate a room

#592 Posted by Weird_Jerk (636 posts) -

New monitor: 34UC79G-B on AmazonBasics Single Arm

New mouse: Logitech MX Master "Stone"

New headphones: Sennheiser HD599s

#593 Edited by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@Weird_Jerk: I like your gear, but the speakers placement is less than ideal for your room setup.

#594 Posted by thehig1 (7308 posts) -

Just upgraded my PC.

New PC is a AMD Ryzen 2700(non X) the X version was £80 more were I live.

16gb corsair Ram, finally on DDR4 platform.

PSU is a cooler master masterwatt 750w, not a common PSU known for qaulity, but ive had coolermaster PSU before they are of good build qaulity.

It got a very good review on Toms Hardware.

My GPU is now a RX Vega 56, not a massive on my 970 but decent, its roughly around 1070 performance but has 8gb video memory instead of 3.5 GB on the 970.

My case is a game max vanguard V2, nice looking case very easy to buuld in, first time Ive gotten my cable management right.

Pictures will follow later today.

#595 Edited by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

Just upgraded my PC.

New PC is a AMD Ryzen 2700(non X) the X version was £80 more were I live.

16gb corsair Ram, finally on DDR4 platform.

PSU is a cooler master masterwatt 750w, not a common PSU known for qaulity, but ive had coolermaster PSU before they are of good build qaulity.

It got a very good review on Toms Hardware.

My GPU is now a RX Vega 56, not a massive on my 970 but decent, its roughly around 1070 performance but has 8gb video memory instead of 3.5 GB on the 970.

My case is a game max vanguard V2, nice looking case very easy to buuld in, first time Ive gotten my cable management right.

Pictures will follow later today.

RX Vega 56 can be made nearly on-par with GTX 1080 by copying Vega 64's clock speeds.

#596 Edited by ronvalencia (28087 posts) -

@BassMan said:

I moved both PCs cooling radiators from the top to the front. Re-done the cabling, hence it's cleaner looking.

Upgrade my primary PC to Fractal Define R6 from Fractal Define R5 due to it's cooler didn't fit the front housing. This PC has Corsair H115i Platinum RGB.

Upgrade my secondary PC to Fractal Define R5 from Fractal Define R4. This PC has slightly older Corsair H115i variant and it's different from Corsair H115i Platinum RGB.

It substantially improved the cooling results.

#597 Edited by comp_atkins (35747 posts) -

mostly PC here but recently completed basement and got new tv setup:

tv: samsung QN75Q8FN

receiver: marantz SR6012

center channel: definitive tech. CS-9040

LRS: 4x definitive tech. DT8LCR in-wall

height: 2x definitive tech. DT8R in-ceiling

sub: svs sb-2000

currently have a tivo mini vox wired into our main tivo upstairs and switch hooked up

just finished cleaning up the wiring last week w/ a custom wall plate, 8x speaker, 2x ethernet, 1x coax

#598 Posted by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Looking good. Nice mattress! ;)

#599 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6460 posts) -

@BassMan said:

Ain't that a dog bed?...

#600 Edited by BassMan (10393 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@BassMan said:

Ain't that a dog bed?...

It may be for a pet goat that likes to log some hours with Goat Simulator.