Show Us Your Stuff - v2.0

#551 Posted by AcidTango (1654 posts) -

@horgen:

Gigabyte is a much bigger beast. This is my RTX 2060 Video Card from them

#552 Posted by DaVillain- (35989 posts) -

@XVision84: @BassMan: I wanted to give my 1080Ti on my Daughter's upcoming birthday (both of our B'day are in May) and man, those 10XX series are overprice, especially 1080Ti, it made sense to go grab myself a 2070 only because I had a $100 amazon gift card to warrant the 2070 purchase.

Time to pass on my gaming legacy ya'know :)

#553 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

@horgen:

Gigabyte is a much bigger beast. This is my RTX 2060 Video Card from them

I got the Gigabyte RTX 2080 and imo that card isn't so big. The MSI cards are wide. Could fit a 120mm fan on them.

#554 Posted by AcidTango (1654 posts) -

@horgen: Sorry I misread your comments. Yeah you're right. The MSI cards are indeed very wide. And their Duke cards are freaking massive.

#555 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

@horgen: Sorry I misread your comments. Yeah you're right. The MSI cards are indeed very wide. And their Duke cards are freaking massive.

In general the heatsinks are much bigger than before.

#556 Posted by DaVillain- (35989 posts) -

@horgen: @AcidTango: It just seems that the RTX cards are all bulky then the GTX 10XX series. The one I have is heavy then it looks.

#557 Posted by SaintSatan (1986 posts) -

Some faster RAM and new lighting inside and on the back of the case. This is probably gonna be it for upgrades until the next gen of GPU's that can handle ray-tracing better.

#558 Edited by AcidTango (1654 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@horgen: @AcidTango: It just seems that the RTX cards are all bulky then the GTX 10XX series. The one I have is heavy then it looks.

Yeah I agree. My old GTX 1060 6GB and current RTX 2060 cards are both made from Gigabyte and the RTX 2060 card is way larger and bulkier then the GTX 1060. I just wonder how much bigger these cards can get in the future.

#559 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@AcidTango said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah I agree. My old GTX 1060 6GB and current RTX 2060 cards are both made from Gigabyte and the RTX 2060 card is way larger and bulkier then the GTX 1060. I just wonder how much bigger these cards can get in the future.

It's to keep them quiet.

MSI imo has done a real good job at that with those larger fans.

#560 Posted by Byshop (19551 posts) -

#561 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@Byshop: Do you got bright RAM sticks or simply placed a LED lightstrip in there?

#562 Edited by Byshop (19551 posts) -

@horgen said:

@Byshop: Do you got bright RAM sticks or simply placed a LED lightstrip in there?

RGB RAM believe it or not.

#563 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@Byshop said:
@horgen said:

RGB RAM believe it or not.

I almost want to buy that.

#564 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

New monitor.

#565 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

What's better than one 3440*1440 monitor? Two of course.

The bottom one is the new one. The upper was my previous main screen, now work as a secondary monitor. Will use it mainly with my PS4. The new monitor is the LG 34GK950F. Yup, despite running with RTX 2080, I got a freesync monitor :P 144Hz at 3440*1440 :D

#566 Posted by BassMan (10024 posts) -

@horgen: Dual ultrawide....

How is the G-Sync performance with the new monitor? Is it one of the supported FreeSync monitors?

#567 Posted by BassMan (10024 posts) -

@Byshop: Your battle station is looking cool as always. :)

#568 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@BassMan said:

@horgen: Dual ultrawide....

How is the G-Sync performance with the new monitor? Is it one of the supported FreeSync monitors?

Hard to say. It isn't one of the supported ones. Currently got it disabled as I only get a black image when I try to game with it. However, the monitor is set to freesync on (extended). I have tried to force some tearing but can't notice any. GTA V gives a nice variable framerate, thought it would be obvious there. I'll try some more, other games as well.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#569 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2990 posts) -

Going from a 2080 to a 2080Ti. Just waiting on the 144hz/1440p Asus monitor to arrive...

#571 Edited by Swedish_Chef (623 posts) -

My work in progress

I told myself I'd never build another M-ITX PC, buuuuuut I found myself doing it again. At least the Corsair 280x hasn't cut up my hand like the EVGA hadron did.

Build will be:

• Ryzen 5
  • Gigagbyte RX 590
  • ASUS X470-I mobo
  • GSkill Trident Z 3200 16GB
  • Deepcool Castle 240 AIO
  • Samsung Evo 1TB SSD

I have a Lian Li Strimer 24 pin cable, buuut I just don't see it working. It is really not flexible and the cutout is so close to the motherboard. So that was kind of sad.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#572 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2990 posts) -

@Swedish_Chef: mitx is probably my favorite. Good luck!!! I look forward to showing off my itx build soon as well!

#573 Edited by ronvalencia (27401 posts) -

@kitty said:

finally stopped being lazy and I'm making some small upgrades to my PC for now.... at least I don't have to spend a lot.

Snagged this 1070 new for $200

Next month I'm swapping cpus out. I scored a deal for a i7 4790k for $100 from a long time friend.

Will look to maybe swap off this completely later this year.

to the new ryzen maybe? not sure yet.

Sony has declared CPU level for PS5.

#574 Posted by BassMan (10024 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@kitty said:

finally stopped being lazy and I'm making some small upgrades to my PC for now.... at least I don't have to spend a lot.

Snagged this 1070 new for $200

Next month I'm swapping cpus out. I scored a deal for a i7 4790k for $100 from a long time friend.

Will look to maybe swap off this completely later this year.

to the new ryzen maybe? not sure yet.

Sony has declared CPU level for PS5.

#575 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@ronvalencia: Huh? I don't follow.

#576 Posted by ronvalencia (27401 posts) -

@horgen said:

Any new CPU purchase should be equal to better than PS5's CPU.

#577 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

Oh. Well that means better for me. I'm really considering getting Ryzen 3XXX gen processor. I want more than the 4 cores I got atm. But I've already spent a lot of money on my computer this year.

#578 Posted by ronvalencia (27401 posts) -

@horgen said:
@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

Oh. Well that means better for me. I'm really considering getting Ryzen 3XXX gen processor. I want more than the 4 cores I got atm. But I've already spent a lot of money on my computer this year.

For Zen 2

Ryzen 5 has 8 cores, gains 2 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 7 has 12 cores, gains 4 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 9 has 16 cores.

Zen 2's Ryzen 7 price segment gains 4 extra cores. Ryzen 9 seems to be higher priced SKU.

#579 Posted by Horgen (120131 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:
@ronvalencia said:
@horgen said:

For Zen 2

Ryzen 5 has 8 cores, gains 2 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 7 has 12 cores, gains 4 extra cores from Zen 1.5

Ryzen 9 has 16 cores.

Zen 2's Ryzen 7 price segment gains 4 extra cores. Ryzen 9 seems to be higher priced SKU.

Ryzen 9 is the new 1800X I think in terms of price.

Ryzen 7 is the one I have thought about. But that was before this monitor purchase.

#580 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6256 posts) -

A friend who works for a UK e-tailer got me a Zotac RTX 2080 AMP for a bargain price of £440... Sold my RTX 2070 Strix for £400, £40 extra for a RTX 2080 yes please. I managed to get it to 2100MHz on the core and 15,300MHz(7650) on the memory, here's the firestrike score: 23157.

Here are some pics:

#581 Posted by BassMan (10024 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: that is a great deal. Congrats.

#582 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6256 posts) -

@BassMan said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: that is a great deal. Congrats.

Sure is... Just wish he could have got me the deal prior to building the PC :(.

#583 Edited by ronvalencia (27401 posts) -

PC Rig No. 2, resurrected Intel Core i7-7820X 8C/16T (AVX-512) with ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming replacement motherboard. LEDs are ARGB (addressable RGB) from the motherboard's ASUS AURA.

My old MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard developed a USB 2.0 host fault with it's data rails while it's power rails are still okay. MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard doesn't have ARGB. MSI X299 Carbon Pro Gaming motherboard currently located with MSI.

ARGB memory modules was also warranty replaced due to SPD design fault corruption. Another RAM modules model was issued.

----------

PC Rig No. 1.