#451 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@elessarGObonzo said:
@horgen said:

15-20 sec boot/start up is what I have I think... Including 3 second wait during bios post or whatever it is called.

was taking ~30 secs for Post, Windows startup, and all of my System components & software to get fully functional and set to my designated settings. now EVERYTHING is running and set in under 20 secs.

Ah. Ok. I wonder what I can do to optimize mine.

Well I know the most obvious is to disable aquasuite autostart..., that program seems to take most time. At the same time I think I need it to properly control the water temperature in my cooling.

#452 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

Damn... I think my GTX 980 died today.

#453 Edited by BassMan (9882 posts) -

@horgen said:

It had a good run, but all that folding abuse finally took its toll. May it R.I.P.. hehe

#454 Edited by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@horgen said:

It had a good run, but all that folding abuse finally took its toll. May it R.I.P.. hehe

Took 4 years or so. I'll remove the heatsink and see if I can spot any obvious failures on it.

#455 Posted by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

@horgen said:
@BassMan said:
@horgen said:

Took 4 years or so. I'll remove the heatsink and see if I can spot any obvious failures on it.

Sorry about your card. Did you find the problem or did you get a new card instead?

#456 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

Sorry about your card. Did you find the problem or did you get a new card instead?

Haven't done any work on it. I'll look at it today hopefully. I don't think I can get it replaced.

#457 Posted by DaVillain- (35438 posts) -

@horgen: It's a sign, it's telling you it's time to let go and move onto 10XX series :)

#458 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1297 posts) -

I decided a week ago to move my rear speakers all the way to the back of the living room, to give the sound more space. I had been thinking about it for a while. Having them right behind the sofa was stupid. The 5.1 track in The Terminator was pretty nice like this. I know it probably seems like that bike and the table would block some of the sound, but it makes very little difference.

I also got a better camera, so the third pic is a repost. I wanna get a bookcase with doors for my discs and three manga boxsets, which will be placed to the left of that TV stand in the third pic. Needs to be under 48 inches wide to not block either of the windows. Also needs to be 11 and a half inches deep to fit my Akira boxset, and one of the shelves 12 inches high to fit my Ingmar Bergman boxset. I'll wait until my collection is a little bigger. But it's getting there fast.

#459 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@horgen: It's a sign, it's telling you it's time to let go and move onto 10XX series :)

I got RTX 2080 as well for gaming. :P

#460 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2855 posts) -

Now even the mouse pad has RGB...

#461 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Corsair mousepad?

#462 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2855 posts) -

@horgen said:

Mouse pad, keyboard, mouse, headset and fans. Soon there will be a corsair aio as well

#463 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@horgen said:

Mouse pad, keyboard, mouse, headset and fans. Soon there will be a corsair aio as well

How are the mouse they sell? I have the corsair MX Silent. Forgot it was RGB as I always leave it at red. Time to let it cycle through the other colours it has :P

#464 Posted by elessarGObonzo (2541 posts) -
@horgen said:
@goldenelementxl said:

How are the mouse they sell? I have the corsair MX Silent. Forgot it was RGB as I always leave it at red. Time to let it cycle through the other colours it has :P

i've had the Corsair Vengeance M95 for a few years now. it is very nice. it seems like an odd arrangement of buttons but it actually is designed pretty well when in practice. i keep it for use with my laptop.

nothing beats my Logitech G600 though. i have tried probably 10 "gaming" mice over the last few years and nothing compares. i have searched for years now for another with the 3rd "ring finger" mouse click. that's one of the best innovations i've seen in a mouse.

#465 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@elessarGObonzo: That was many buttons D= I got logitech 402 atm.

#466 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

Yeah I know the case window is dusty. Two new led strips in the front (well side). I will one day fix the cabling for them and make sure the strips are mounted in there. Atm just loosely in there to get an idea of the light they give.

Akasa Vegas white led strips. Got 3 of them now. Really considering the controller card for them so I can easily turn them on/off.

#468 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@horgen said:

So I'll be getting a GTX 1070 in return. I wonder if I should sell it or not.

#469 Posted by urbangamez (3465 posts) -

@horgen said:
@horgen said:

sell it, save some more and upgrade to the intel 9900K

#470 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@urbangamez said:
@horgen said:
@horgen said:

sell it, save some more and upgrade to the intel 9900K

Waiting for Ryzen 3000 generation. Will most likely keep the card, running folding at home.

#471 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2855 posts) -

Other than CPU and mobo cable extensions, I think I'm done for now. CPU stays nice and cool!

#472 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Other than CPU and mobo cable extensions, I think I'm done for now. CPU stays nice and cool!

How bright is the RGB light? Judging by the pictures, it isn't so bright, but brightness can be lowered for all I know.

#473 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2855 posts) -

@horgen: You can lower the brightness. I have everything set on the second to dimmest setting. That pic was taken on my iphone during the day with the focus on the cooler so only the LEDs could really be seen. There are 2 windows that reflect on the glass otherwise. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the CPU cooler is doing the same thing the fans are. So are my keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headset and headset holder...

It's totally stupid and I love it.

#474 Posted by Horgen (119942 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@horgen: You can lower the brightness. I have everything set on the second to dimmest setting. That pic was taken on my iphone during the day with the focus on the cooler so only the LEDs could really be seen. There are 2 windows that reflect on the glass otherwise. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the CPU cooler is doing the same thing the fans are. So are my keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headset and headset holder...

It's totally stupid and I love it.

Kudos for going all the way through with it.

I only want white light in mine. Which I now have. But not set up the way I want it to yet.

#475 Edited by AdamK47 (1117 posts) -

@AdamK47 said:

Intel Core i7 9900K - MSI MEG Z390 ACE - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra - 512GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD - Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVO SSDs in 8TB RAID-0 - 10TB Seagate Enterprise HDD - LG 6X External Slim BD-RW - Corsair Crystal 460X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML fans - Corsair AX1500i power supply

Two changes. 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB @ 3800 and a 65" LG C8 OLED.

#476 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2855 posts) -

@AdamK47: I'm starting on my home theater and am looking at those speakers you have. How are they? Do you have surround speakers as well?

#479 Posted by AdamK47 (1117 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@AdamK47: I'm starting on my home theater and am looking at those speakers you have. How are they? Do you have surround speakers as well?

They're pretty good. They do the job well with my Denon receiver. Certainty better than most 5.1 PC setups.

#480 Posted by ronansantos (4 posts) -

nothing like those yet

#481 Edited by nikeswoosh (930 posts) -

my new build

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231941

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113496

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144189

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137256

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156377

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820242400

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438012

this and is my current till i get new one built... waiting for shipping

phenom II 975

old foxconn mobo

8gigs ddr2 800 ram

amd 7850 gpu

#482 Posted by nikeswoosh (930 posts) -

i wish i had some of the money some of u guys do......i work everyday but i can only afford wat i got and im plenty happy with it

#483 Posted by nikeswoosh (930 posts) -

@ezekiel43: lol i like ur plants

#484 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6187 posts) -

Built a new system, here are the spec's:

• i7 8700K
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB AIO
  • Asus Prime Z370-Plus Gaming II
  • Asus Strix RTX 2070 8GB
  • 2x 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4 2400MHz
  • Wester Digital Black NVMe 250GB M.2 - OS
  • Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHD - Game storage
  • Western Digital 2TB Blue HDD - General Storage
  • OCZ ZS 750w PSU Bronze PSU
  • Coolermaster H500
  • Asus PCE-AC56 - Wifi
  • BenQ 32" PD3200Q 1440p

YES I re-used my SSHD and PSU from my previous build and YES its mustard cables... Sue me, I don't care much about aesthetics.

The monitor I primarily got for photography and I calibrated it with a Spyder Pro for SRGB work since its 10Bit and 32" at 1440p its perfect for my needs AND its not bad at all for gaming, in fact pretty great for a 60Hz panel.

Here's the build almost set up just had the last HDD to put in and the pic of the monitor when it's all done, plus a bad shot of the system by my leg :D.

#485 Edited by BassMan (9882 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: That's a solid build and well suited for 1440p/60fps Ultra.

#486 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6187 posts) -

@BassMan: I know, my last system with a 1080 Ti and i5 was also... This wasn't really a upgrade in gaming performance, was going to keep the 1080 ti but saw a deal on a 2070 and sold my Ti so I didn't really pay much for it and its on paper slower than my Ti but in real use gaming you really don't notice it at all, It the best card from the RTX lineup you get 1080 Ti performance once you overclock it for £500 and I paid £690 for my Ti... Thats almost £200 for similar performance and you get ray tracing.

Gaming aside my main purpose for the PC change was for photography its why I got rid of my 21:9 Alienware for the BenQ PD3200Q... Was going to get the PD3200U but I need the better contrast of VA over IPS more than I do the extra resolution of 4K over 1440p, if they made a 10 Bit VA at 32 4K I would be all over that thing and would gladly pay £600-700 for as it would be the ideal monitor for photography in my opinion.

Also I change GPU's a lot so I'll probably end up with a Ti of what ever Nvidia comes out with for the next lineup by the end of the year.

#487 Posted by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

I ordered the RTX 2060 to replace my current GTX 1060 6GB so I can play my games in 1440p. I will post the pictures here when it arrives and I install it to my computer.

#488 Posted by firedrakes (1927 posts) -

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U14S TR4-SP3 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard: ASRock - X399 Taichi ATX TR4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Western Digital - Black NVMe 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Second storage 3 ssd total 1tb. spinning hard drives 2 total of 10tb

Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Red Devil Video Card

Case: Cooler Master - MasterCase H500 ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

this is a correct current up to date spec

will update with a few pics in next post.

#489 Posted by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

Finally got this today. I will put it in my computer this weekend and post pictures later here.

#490 Edited by BassMan (9882 posts) -

@AcidTango: That 2060 is begging to be installed. :)

#491 Posted by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

@BassMan:

I know lol. I ordered it from Canada Computers which is a great store. I miss NCIX but Canada Computers so far has been great when it comes to buying Computer stuff.

#492 Edited by BassMan (9882 posts) -

@AcidTango: Yeah. CC is good. I had never really shopped with them before. Nice replacement for NCIX. Their physical stores are really nice too.

#493 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1297 posts) -

@nikeswoosh said:

@ezekiel43: lol i like ur plants

Those are my brother's. He bought the dining set, but we never use it. Well, I use one of those dining chairs for my computer.

I got a second monitor, for all the tall images I look at, a Dell UltraSharp U2717D.

#494 Edited by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

I finally installed the RTX 2060 in my PC. So far everything is running great and I can finally play my games in a much better resolution and fps :)

#495 Edited by Bikouchu35 (8290 posts) -

Tired of tinkering with this thing. I'm happy with it now.

New parts: Ryzen 2600, 3200cl16 16gb, coolermaster ml240l rgb, x470 aorus ultra gaming

#496 Posted by elessarGObonzo (2541 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

holy cable-management-mess Batman

#498 Edited by AcidTango (1646 posts) -

@elessarGObonzo:

LOL I know. I did clean up the cables after so it should look better now.

#499 Posted by SaintSatan (1984 posts) -

#500 Edited by BassMan (9882 posts) -

@saintsatan said:

So... who was the unlucky bastard that got decapitated for you to complete your rig? ;)