Show Us Your Stuff - v2.0

#451 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@elessarGObonzo said:
@horgen said:

15-20 sec boot/start up is what I have I think... Including 3 second wait during bios post or whatever it is called.

was taking ~30 secs for Post, Windows startup, and all of my System components & software to get fully functional and set to my designated settings. now EVERYTHING is running and set in under 20 secs.

Ah. Ok. I wonder what I can do to optimize mine.

Well I know the most obvious is to disable aquasuite autostart..., that program seems to take most time. At the same time I think I need it to properly control the water temperature in my cooling.

#452 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

Damn... I think my GTX 980 died today.

#453 Edited by BassMan (9626 posts) -

@horgen said:

It had a good run, but all that folding abuse finally took its toll. May it R.I.P.. hehe

#454 Edited by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@horgen said:

It had a good run, but all that folding abuse finally took its toll. May it R.I.P.. hehe

Took 4 years or so. I'll remove the heatsink and see if I can spot any obvious failures on it.

#455 Posted by AcidTango (1589 posts) -

@horgen said:
@BassMan said:
@horgen said:

Took 4 years or so. I'll remove the heatsink and see if I can spot any obvious failures on it.

Sorry about your card. Did you find the problem or did you get a new card instead?

#456 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

Sorry about your card. Did you find the problem or did you get a new card instead?

Haven't done any work on it. I'll look at it today hopefully. I don't think I can get it replaced.

#457 Posted by DaVillain- (34376 posts) -

@horgen: It's a sign, it's telling you it's time to let go and move onto 10XX series :)

#458 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

I decided a week ago to move my rear speakers all the way to the back of the living room, to give the sound more space. I had been thinking about it for a while. Having them right behind the sofa was stupid. The 5.1 track in The Terminator was pretty nice like this. I know it probably seems like that bike and the table would block some of the sound, but it makes very little difference.

I also got a better camera, so the third pic is a repost. I wanna get a bookcase with doors for my discs and three manga boxsets, which will be placed to the left of that TV stand in the third pic. Needs to be under 48 inches wide to not block either of the windows. Also needs to be 11 and a half inches deep to fit my Akira boxset, and one of the shelves 12 inches high to fit my Ingmar Bergman boxset. I'll wait until my collection is a little bigger. But it's getting there fast.

#459 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@horgen: It's a sign, it's telling you it's time to let go and move onto 10XX series :)

I got RTX 2080 as well for gaming. :P

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#460 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

Now even the mouse pad has RGB...

#461 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Corsair mousepad?

#462 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@horgen said:

Mouse pad, keyboard, mouse, headset and fans. Soon there will be a corsair aio as well

#463 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@horgen said:

Mouse pad, keyboard, mouse, headset and fans. Soon there will be a corsair aio as well

How are the mouse they sell? I have the corsair MX Silent. Forgot it was RGB as I always leave it at red. Time to let it cycle through the other colours it has :P

#464 Posted by elessarGObonzo (2540 posts) -
@horgen said:
@goldenelementxl said:

How are the mouse they sell? I have the corsair MX Silent. Forgot it was RGB as I always leave it at red. Time to let it cycle through the other colours it has :P

i've had the Corsair Vengeance M95 for a few years now. it is very nice. it seems like an odd arrangement of buttons but it actually is designed pretty well when in practice. i keep it for use with my laptop.

nothing beats my Logitech G600 though. i have tried probably 10 "gaming" mice over the last few years and nothing compares. i have searched for years now for another with the 3rd "ring finger" mouse click. that's one of the best innovations i've seen in a mouse.

#465 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@elessarGObonzo: That was many buttons D= I got logitech 402 atm.

#466 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

Yeah I know the case window is dusty. Two new led strips in the front (well side). I will one day fix the cabling for them and make sure the strips are mounted in there. Atm just loosely in there to get an idea of the light they give.

Akasa Vegas white led strips. Got 3 of them now. Really considering the controller card for them so I can easily turn them on/off.

#468 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@horgen said:

So I'll be getting a GTX 1070 in return. I wonder if I should sell it or not.

#469 Posted by urbangamez (3443 posts) -

@horgen said:
@horgen said:

sell it, save some more and upgrade to the intel 9900K

#470 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@urbangamez said:
@horgen said:
@horgen said:

sell it, save some more and upgrade to the intel 9900K

Waiting for Ryzen 3000 generation. Will most likely keep the card, running folding at home.

#471 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

Other than CPU and mobo cable extensions, I think I'm done for now. CPU stays nice and cool!

#472 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Other than CPU and mobo cable extensions, I think I'm done for now. CPU stays nice and cool!

How bright is the RGB light? Judging by the pictures, it isn't so bright, but brightness can be lowered for all I know.

#473 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@horgen: You can lower the brightness. I have everything set on the second to dimmest setting. That pic was taken on my iphone during the day with the focus on the cooler so only the LEDs could really be seen. There are 2 windows that reflect on the glass otherwise. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the CPU cooler is doing the same thing the fans are. So are my keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headset and headset holder...

It's totally stupid and I love it.

#474 Posted by Horgen (119427 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@horgen: You can lower the brightness. I have everything set on the second to dimmest setting. That pic was taken on my iphone during the day with the focus on the cooler so only the LEDs could really be seen. There are 2 windows that reflect on the glass otherwise. It's hard to tell in the pic, but the CPU cooler is doing the same thing the fans are. So are my keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headset and headset holder...

It's totally stupid and I love it.

Kudos for going all the way through with it.

I only want white light in mine. Which I now have. But not set up the way I want it to yet.

#475 Edited by AdamK47 (1117 posts) -

@AdamK47 said:

Intel Core i7 9900K - MSI MEG Z390 ACE - 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra - 512GB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD - Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVO SSDs in 8TB RAID-0 - 10TB Seagate Enterprise HDD - LG 6X External Slim BD-RW - Corsair Crystal 460X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML fans - Corsair AX1500i power supply

Two changes. 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB @ 3800 and a 65" LG C8 OLED.

#476 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2660 posts) -

@AdamK47: I'm starting on my home theater and am looking at those speakers you have. How are they? Do you have surround speakers as well?

#479 Posted by AdamK47 (1117 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

@AdamK47: I'm starting on my home theater and am looking at those speakers you have. How are they? Do you have surround speakers as well?

They're pretty good. They do the job well with my Denon receiver. Certainty better than most 5.1 PC setups.

#480 Posted by ronansantos (4 posts) -

nothing like those yet