Should i wait to build my new comp?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

theman6788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 theman6788
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts
So i decided that building a pc would be the best bet for me. Only problem now is that i hear nvidia is releasing a new graphics card in a few weeks. While i know this card will not be within my budget, will its release significantly drop the price of the 8800 gt? I want to get started in this process but not if its going to cost me an extra $50 or so. Advice?
ShaizanHgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShaizanHgh
Member since 2006 • 1022 Posts
Sure, you can wait, and chances are the 8800 will go down in price eventually. However, there will always be new tech coming out and prices will continually decrease. It comes down to how long are you willing to wait.
--Anna--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 --Anna--
Member since 2007 • 4636 Posts

I would wait on the new video-cards....it will be a rather short wait.

Xtraflo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xtraflo
Member since 2007 • 700 Posts
Sure, you can wait, and chances are the 8800 will go down in price eventually. However, there will always be new tech coming out and prices will continually decrease. It comes down to how long are you willing to wait.ShaizanHgh
Yep, and as soon as you build your "perfect rig" you'll wish you would have waited a week longer to buy that other piece. ;)
theman6788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 theman6788
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts

Well for you guys who have been around for a while, around how much will the price drop be and how soon? I sort of have this few week window now where i'm not busy but then i'm going to be going back to college and then i won't be able to get stuff shipped.

I'm basically trying to find out how bad it'll hurt me not to wait. What if I go for one of those SLi set ups, buy one 8800gt now and one after the price drops? Or should i just say screw it and leap in, hopping for the best?

SparkPlug69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SparkPlug69
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
Just do it now. If you are like me you aren't gonna buy the new card anyway because they are gonna be hella expensive and the 8800 gt will barely go down in price ($20...come on) if at all (for the first few months). Stop worrying about it so much and just do it.