Should i rma Rtx 4090? Two crashes during loading 2 games with driver error.

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sew333
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts

Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I swapped from 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming to Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock. Never had single crash in games,apps on 3090 ti. All was perfectly stable. After i plugged Rtx 4090 Palit Gamerock.

Had 2 crashes during loading Watch Dogs Legion and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition.

Not during game but loading.

2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3

Error occurred on GPUID: 100

Happened 2 times. Normally in games i dont have crashing but during loading that two games it throw it with this. It happened on 526.86 and 526.47 drivers. Should i rma my card?

I read that something with voltages?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Use DDU.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@sew333: no one will RMA your card for two in game crashes, if you've got normal temps during stress test and PC won't crash - it's fine by their standards.

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sew333

I am gettin occassional crashing during loading games. Watch Dogs Legion ( happened 2 times ) and Metro Exodus EE. Never in game, but in loading . Happen from time to time. Is my card fine? I have PalitGamerock 4090 stock.

Here are always that 2 errors during crash:

2 errors.

1.display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered

2.The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3

Error occurred on GPUID: 100

It happened on 3 versions of drivers i tried.

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sew333

rma card?

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sew333

Someone said this to me:"Seems like a hardware issue toggling clocks from 2D Idle to 3D"

So its hardware issue?

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sew333

I write to Palit.

Hi its palit resonse.

"

Dear customer

Sorry for the late reply.

Please try below possible solutions.

1. Please clean the PCI-E "gold finger" of the graphics card by an eraser.

2. Please stop overclocking CPU/system memory if you have.

3. Please try changing the graphics card to another PCI-E slot if there is.

4. Plesae un-install all the GPU overclock utilities (e.g ThunderMaster, Afterburner...etc)

5. Download the DDU to un-install current graphics card driver and clean driver leftover files completely. Then install the latest graphics card driver.

Download DDU:http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download Nvidia driver:https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

6. Please upgrade the motherboard BIOS to the latest version.

If the error remained and if it's possible please test the graphics card in another PC.

If the error happened again the graphics card might have some hardware error.

Please kindly contact the store where the graphics card was purchased to claim warranty.

Please kindly be notified that Palit provides manufacturer warranty only to our distributors (not to resellers or end-users).

So Palit only handles warranty claims from our distributors.

Warranty claims from end users or resellers have to be processed through local distributors.

End users should contact the store where the graphics card was purchased to claim warranty.

Please kindly be notified.

Thanks.

Best regards"

But i downloaded newest version of driver. Also before starting game i closed msi afterburner and restarting msi afterburner and error not showing anymore. Is this possible that error was caused by software and not hardware?

sew333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sew333

It happened only in first time loading after i downloaded both games.Not happened again since.

I mean i downloaded Watch Dogs Legion ,run first time the game and it crashed on loading.

Not happened again. The same with Metro Exodus EE. I downloaded game ,run first time and it crashed on loading. Not happened again. Should i worry about that? Otherwise games are not crashing on load. Both was when using Msi AB ,Msi AB was running on system many hours. I didnt restart it.