should I get borderlands, red faction guerilla or bat man arkaham asylum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alastor_vj
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

Im gonna be running it on a Macbook pro so i duno if border lands will work, the other two will though (boot camp it baby)

historyfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 historyfan91
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

I would get borderlands, it will be such an awesome fps/rpg.

my second choice would be batman

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Im gonna be running it on a Macbook pro so i duno if border lands will work, the other two will though (boot camp it baby)

alastor_vj
Batman AA all the way....awesome graphics, great gameplay and beautifully presented. Borderlands seems boring after the initial thing wears off....
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Batman AA is fantastic. After that I'd recommend RF:G. I haven't seen anything on borderlands, so I can't really rank that for ya.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
Batman was great, but wait for reviews on Borderlands to make your decision. It's supposed to be an amazing game.
Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Can macs actually play these games?
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
im telling you, Batman is the real deal, the game is awesome.
VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Batman is an excellent game; the other 2 are meh, we've seen games similar and of better quality before.

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
Batman and Borderlands
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

Neither c:

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
Batman AA is awesome!
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

I believe biggest loser posted a video of the boys at giantbomb.com doing a 30 minute playthrough of the game, all which discussing the gameplay etc. I was VERY hyped for this game, and upon watching the first 5 minutes of their video, was still very hyped. However, after those 5 minutes, the game looks extremely dull... in 30 minutes of this fantasy land, they fought only 3 types of monsters, also, how the gameplay works, you can solo the entire thing, but when you group with people, the games methods is just "Ima throw more stuff at you to kill mwahahaha!" Mobs arn't harder or anything, to me seems they coulda been a wee bit more creative. Also, they adressed the "bazillion" guns the game is advertising, they stated they get new guns all the time, but they usually stick with 1 forever just because...the guns they get suck. Idk, to me, looks like about a week or month *max* of entertainment. Just gonna have to wait and see though (Oh, and lemme throw in the worst part I saw from the video, to hit max level, you play through the SAME content twice, as in, you play once to..maybe 30ish or w/e, and then the game runs out of new zones, you play the SAME thing again to hit 50)

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

ATM, I would get Red Faction since Steam's having a sale on it.

Kit006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kit006
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Get Batman Arkham Asylum. Great graphics, excellent gameplay and interestingly enough the story keeps you entertained as well. Definitely worth playing!
Bedizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bedizen
Member since 2009 • 2576 Posts

I think Borderlands will have better replay value than Batman AA.

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
Batman AA
get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Don't get Red Faction Guerilla, it's really not that great.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Red faction if you ask me..
jpph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 jpph
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts

[QUOTE="alastor_vj"]

FelipeInside

Batman AA all the way....awesome graphics, great gameplay and beautifully presented. Borderlands seems boring after the initial thing wears off....

this

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Batman is an excellent game; the other 2 are meh, we've seen games similar and of better quality before.

VeryBumpy

There's no game like RFG on the market now :P

strider_ATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 strider_ATI
Member since 2008 • 735 Posts
Batman AA for sure!
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

depends on which kind of game you like and Borderlands isn't out yet.

between the two already released, I like RFG much more than Batman:AA; however, Batman is indeed *much* better optimised and overall better looking. but RFG has far superior gameplay.

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Batman is a great game, but it doesn't last very long. I put as much time into it as I could, beat the game, found all the secrets, and dabbled with the challenge mode for a bit, and my total in-game time is only 16 hours... and I was taking my time. I just don't feel the need to try and beat all of the challenge modes or get the best possible score, mainly because the online leaderboards are all full of illegitimate scores and cheaters, so what's the point in comparing your score to theirs? I may come back and play the story again in a year or so but not anytime soon. A friend of mine got RFG and it looked like a lot of fun. RFG is great to just run around and blow stuff up... that will never get old, and the MP looks decent enough. Borderlands should be good as well, but we'll see how large the gameworld is once it's released.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Red faction is amazingly fun My only objection about red faction is some optimization issues ( you will barely get a console beating experience with a 9800gt) and difficulty ( even on normal )
ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

get borderlands. it looks great and will probably be great. it's such a unique game. also to the guy saying that the people stuck with only one gun, that has happened in nearly every action rpg ever. like in diablo 2, you would find an awesome sword or axe and then do about 2-3 dungeons before you found something even close in value and quality of the one you had before. seriously it's not like every gun you find will be better than the one you just picked up because that would be just ridiculous.

kilaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kilaan
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
I am personally holding out for Borderlands, but I have some friends who I will be playing it with. Batman AA is a good game but it is singleplayer only and relatively short with little to no replayability. Haven't heard much on RF and while I was interested in buying it I won't buy anymore games from Violation ever since that whole Saints Row 2 debacle.
IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
All are great choices. Personally, it'll be Borderlands for me. I think that I'd wait fo rhte price to drop on the others and then get those too :P
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baranga

I won't buy anymore games from Violation ever since that whole Saints Row 2 debacle. kilaan

Volition didn't port Saints Row 2, CD Projekt did. And they don't patch it anymore because THQ doesn't fund them.

RFG was ported by another team, ex-Volition employees I think, and it's nowhere near the disaster of SR2.

555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#29 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts
Batman AA is awesome!Gamartto
Yep.
kilaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kilaan
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts

[QUOTE="kilaan"]I won't buy anymore games from Violation ever since that whole Saints Row 2 debacle. Baranga

Volition didn't port Saints Row 2, CD Projekt did. And they don't patch it anymore because THQ doesn't fund them.

RFG was ported by another team, ex-Volition employees I think, and it's nowhere near the disaster of SR2.

Kind of derailing the topic... So they make a broken product and won't fix it because they aren't getting paid too? Wow, I am in the wrong business. When my company screws up not only do we have to fix the screwup but we also get backcharged depending on how long it takes to fix the problem and how many other trades we hold up in doing so (construction) No wonder why games come out with so many bugs if developers get paid to release patches.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Get Batman AA. As loved Borderlands since I saw the first gameplay movie, and Red Faction Guerrilla has amazing physics and superb gameplay, Batman is just near perfection for every gamer.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="kilaan"]I won't buy anymore games from Violation ever since that whole Saints Row 2 debacle. kilaan

Kind of derailing the topic... So they make a broken product and won't fix it because they aren't getting paid too? Wow, I am in the wrong business. When my company screws up not only do we have to fix the screwup but we also get backcharged depending on how long it takes to fix the problem and how many other trades we hold up in doing so (construction) No wonder why games come out with so many bugs if developers get paid to release patches.

It's not their fault. They're not an independent dev, nor a legendary one that can afford acting against the publisher's wishes. Volition has only 30 "core" employees. They're working on Red Faction and SR3. How can they support SR2? CD Projekt simply screwed up the port job and everything backfired at Volition.

Funny how people say it's the developer's fault for SR2's lack of support, but somehow they blame EA instead of Visceral for abandoning Dead Space... I guess hating THQ isn't yet cool?

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Batman:AA by far