Should i change to intel? from amd

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="Store24"]

I always go best bang for the buck and was AMD / ATI for years. I have no brand loyalty and could not care less what brand name is on anything. Fact is right now Intel and NVIDIA are on top.

C_Rule
AMD vs nVidia is not as definitive as AMD vs Intel. AMD have some really good cards in their 7xxx lineup. When it comes to AMD and nVidia, you cannot really say one is better than the other.

Indeed, AMD GPUs are doing great, if anything they maybe better at this point than Nvidias. But they usually bring out cards first so its hard to compare.
jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="Store24"]

I always go best bang for the buck and was AMD / ATI for years. I have no brand loyalty and could not care less what brand name is on anything. Fact is right now Intel and NVIDIA are on top.

V4LENT1NE

AMD vs nVidia is not as definitive as AMD vs Intel. AMD have some really good cards in their 7xxx lineup. When it comes to AMD and nVidia, you cannot really say one is better than the other.

Indeed, AMD GPUs are doing great, if anything they maybe better at this point than Nvidias. But they usually bring out cards first so its hard to compare.

AMD is only matching Nvidia because ATI is doing their job. And just because AMD bought ATI, AMD appears to get the credit for at least being up to par in one out of two business segments. But in reality, what is AMD without ATI these days? If anything, AMD is just holding ATI back, by imposing poor management and slashing the R&D budget for ATI. Just sayin.