SHould I change any of the router settings for pc?

#1 Posted by DeltaX_basic (194 posts) -

Just wondering I usually put the router settings for consoles to get open connection. Just wonder if I should bother with pc? Should I change the DNS also? I usually go for the google dns for consoles seems good to me. It's just for pc I think may be to much since there is way to many programs and stuff to deal with that is why I don't touch it much.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (12952 posts) -

@DeltaX_basic: Set up QoS for all gaming devices.

#3 Edited by FelipeInside (28543 posts) -

@DeltaX_basic said:

Just wondering I usually put the router settings for consoles to get open connection. Just wonder if I should bother with pc? Should I change the DNS also? I usually go for the google dns for consoles seems good to me. It's just for pc I think may be to much since there is way to many programs and stuff to deal with that is why I don't touch it much.

A good modern router knows how to do UpNP and QOS automatically. I haven't changed anything in routers for years now and all my PC games work fine.

#4 Posted by npiet1 (191 posts) -

No you shouldn't have too, during 360's day I would to get the NAT open, but during the end it changed I use to open ports and do all that stuff but never found any real difference.

#5 Posted by support113 (1 posts) -

If you are facing this issues follow it open a web browser such as Internet Explorer then go to the Address bar and enter the IP Address of your router then press Enter if you are router IP address looks like as 192.168.15.5 is the default IP of most VOIP routers and a new window prompts for a Username and Password. to follow this if you are not solving your issues you can go through https://babasupport.org/routers/tp-link-customer-service/778 this.

#7 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (24616 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:
@DeltaX_basic said:

A good modern router knows how to do UpNP and QOS automatically. I haven't changed anything in routers for years now and all my PC games work fine.

I don't know of any router that will do QOS automatically.

#8 Posted by FelipeInside (28543 posts) -

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@FelipeInside said:

I don't know of any router that will do QOS automatically.

Means it can handle traffic better than cheaper routers. Some even have just a tick-box enabled that prioritizes multimedia traffic. You don't need to manually assign QoS rules etc.