should i buy wow????

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mclakers
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts

Guys i have never played WOW, i've heard so many people praise it. and so many people love it. But would you recommended to someone that has never played it ?? is it like guild wars? or totally different??? what so addicting about it? what is the big deal? I'm thinking of buying it this week. so what do you think??

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I'd recommend it to somebody who spends 5 hours of their day counting the tiles on the ceiling. There are so many of these "should I get WoW" topics you should do a search for more info.
donught_luver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 donught_luver
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
i play wow, what you should do is go to     https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm       and try it for ten days the only difference is you cant trade items and if you like it then you can go buy it and if you dont, dont
mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mclakers
thanks ill check it out
Nerfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Nerfing
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
No, you shouldn't. Spend your money on something useful, like sex.
d0ctorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 d0ctorb
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
What ever you do, don't get this game.  It will cost you more than taxes.  Seriously, paying every month to play a game after you bought it is a stupid idea.  If you got money then there are much better choices out there like Guildwars Nightfall or Factions.  With those games, you pay once and never again.  Say that you want to take a break for a month or two, you aren't wasting money on server fees even though you have not logged on to the game in that time period.
zanatos101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zanatos101
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
i play wow, what you should do is go to https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm and try it for ten days the only difference is you cant trade items and if you like it then you can go buy it and if you dont, dontdonught_luver
Do you have to use a credit card for this trial?
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="donught_luver"]i play wow, what you should do is go to https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm and try it for ten days the only difference is you cant trade items and if you like it then you can go buy it and if you dont, dontzanatos101

You shouldnt have to that would be unusual for a trial.
halofreak3487

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#9 halofreak3487
Member since 2004 • 330 Posts

Since i have played WoW and i did hit level 70 i can tell you one thing, you will have to spend a lot of time to hit level 70 after that you have to do more work and try to get some nice gear and satisfy your guild (depending on what kind you are in such as Raiding/Hardcore, pre-endgame, or just for fun). After this you must work on those end game raid instances to get the best gear of all. I dropped the game a couple days after i hit level 70 because not many peple were playing and i really didn't want to spend any more of my time playing the game. It is a fun experience though i truly did have a blast from 1-70 (Remember you need the expansion pack). Yet if you want to get somehwere endgame you will have to devote a lot of time to seek improvement. If you are planning to get World of Warcraft though my suggestions is that your character should either become a Priest, Mage or Warlock.

I hope you found this information useful, and Good Luck in WoW :D

Full-Throttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Full-Throttle
Member since 2004 • 2432 Posts

No, you shouldn't. Spend your money on something useful, like sex.Nerfing

Good call. Talk about opposite extremes. Nice.

lol_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lol_waffles
Member since 2006 • 1826 Posts
WoW is a great game.........Until you get into the 40s. Then you sit around in Ironforge all day waiting for a group.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

WoW is a great game.........Until you get into the 40s. Then you sit around in Ironforge all day waiting for a group.lol_waffles

or you could go do monotonous quests all day long, or better yet, find an area and kill about 45000 bears, or wolves, or gnolls, or trolls, or whatever else you can find.  seriously this game is so repetitive it's rediculous.  it's fun for a while, but like i said, after killing the millionth bear or completing the billionth stupid quest it gets real old.  that trial is for suckers, because the game is actually fun for the first few levels so of course whoever tries out the game this way is going to buy it and pay for it for a while until they eventually get bored outta there mind and quit but by then blizzard has already made there money off of you so they could care less.  don't listen to what people try to tell you, this game can be fun but it's a very very big time sink and very repetative.

fatMasterFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fatMasterFlex
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

It's fun for awhile til you get to 70 it's really only fun if you got the hook-ups with a good guild to raid .pvp.Though blizz has made it more leaned towards easier item getting so it's lost some of its core authenticy.Though the world is quite huge its abit tidious and you'll be wishing you wouldent be camped by three orcs and shammy.Try the 10 day pass and if you like it go for it. BTw guild wars really sucks though it is free.I'm waiting on warhammer online release hopefully i dont gotta kill a bajiillion boars to get a sword.

donught_luver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donught_luver
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

[QUOTE="lol_waffles"]WoW is a great game.........Until you get into the 40s. Then you sit around in Ironforge all day waiting for a group.eitremn

or you could go do monotonous quests all day long, or better yet, find an area and kill about 45000 bears, or wolves, or gnolls, or trolls, or whatever else you can find.  seriously this game is so repetitive it's rediculous.  it's fun for a while, but like i said, after killing the millionth bear or completing the billionth stupid quest it gets real old.  that trial is for suckers, because the game is actually fun for the first few levels so of course whoever tries out the game this way is going to buy it and pay for it for a while until they eventually get bored outta there mind and quit but by then blizzard has already made there money off of you so they could care less.  don't listen to what people try to tell you, this game can be fun but it's a very very big time sink and very repetative.

ya but if you get bored just go make a new dude and start off in a completely differrent enviroment with the exeption of gnomes and dwarves for the allience and trolls and orcs for the horde, you always start off in a new eviroment and i've beenplaying for about about a year and a half now and im not bored with it because every one of my lvl 40+ characters are different and i agree whole heartedly that paying for a monthly fee is ridiculous and sex is much better

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
yeah if u have a crap load of time on ur hands (i mean a whole lot) buy wow if not dont buy it b/c its not worth it and it wont be fun (slow leveling)
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Guys i have never played WOW, i've heard so many people praise it. and so many people love it. But would you recommended to someone that has never played it ?? is it like guild wars? or totally different??? what so addicting about it? what is the big deal? I'm thinking of buying it this week. so what do you think??

mclakers

it is nothing like GW.  First of all, WoW is a true MMO game, meaning the world is persistant and you can encounter real people while out adventuring.  There is also an amazingly dynamic economy, awesome instances (and no, they dont reequire a 5 hour commitment for 95% of them), excellent PvE content (which GW lacks, imo), and adequate PvP content.

Yes, I can recommend WoW to a new player because WoW was my first MMORPG game ever and it was very inviting, and has only gotten better over the years.

I dont know what is so addicting about WoW.  Its just another game, like Halflife, Command and Conquer, and any other excellent and successful franchise that has good multiplayer.  A better question here is whether or not you have an addictive personality?

I think you should buy it.  If you are hesistant at all, then try the trial.  I can tell you, however, that you will most likely not regret buying it.

PS Dont worry about the new expansion yet, you dont really "need" it until level 60, unless you really want to play as a new race.

killernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 killernova
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

NEVER GET ThIS GAME its a fact, i have ben playing wow for 2.5 years and iv spent like 1000$ on it and two hrs ago my acount got banned and i went and get me another one its less than 5 min, its way to adicting and once you start theres no leaving.

NEVER PLAY WOW

BenTheJamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenTheJamin
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts

What ever you do, don't get this game. It will cost you more than taxes. Seriously, paying every month to play a game after you bought it is a stupid idea. If you got money then there are much better choices out there like Guildwars Nightfall or Factions. With those games, you pay once and never again. Say that you want to take a break for a month or two, you aren't wasting money on server fees even though you have not logged on to the game in that time period. d0ctorb

yea, but theres a big difference, guild wars sux and there nothing to do, WoW has endless things to do even when u hit lvl cap 

shaunlcolvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 shaunlcolvin
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

OK, Paying mounthly fee is stupid you say?

If you buy a game once every 2 mnths, witch a good one will last any gamer around a week unless its a good RPG witch are getting thin you spend 30.00 dlrs a mnth. Think about it.  

Nerfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nerfing

If you are planning to get World of Warcraft though my suggestions is that your character should either become a Priest, Mage or Warlock.

halofreak3487

This is true.  Picking anything out of the range of a Priest, Mage, or Warlock gives you a 50% of gaining a group.  Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters now have even less of a chance of getting a group ( 5% chance ) in any instance.  Since hunters are gimp, Warriors can't taunt, or hold aggro for sh*+ and druids having more DPS than even both Hunters and Warriors put together it kills the fun of WoW. 

Cra2y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cra2y
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts
Get the Southpark WoW episode. from torrent or wherever. And watch it lol, I've never played WoW and dont plan to, but from what I've heard/read. Is that its kinda like you play for along time and then when its starts getting stale. Blizzard puts in new items that take forever to get, to keep you playing/paying. Kinda like holding cheese in front of a mouse, and watching him chase it around.
samurai93745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 samurai93745
Member since 2003 • 520 Posts
If you want to keep your life....no
mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mclakers
thanks guys! i think ill check out the demo! i have lots of time to play? i got tired and bored of guild wars! plus i can play at work all day if i want. so once again thanks and ill let you know what i decide to buy it.
xcryonicx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xcryonicx
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts
As a first MMO? Definitely. Once you hit the level cap and do most of the quests and are faced with little options (a.k.a Endgame) you may want to move on to more in depth MMO's like EverQuest 2 or Vanguard* *Only for the strong willed and patient :)
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts

mclakers
SHould you get WoW? Definately not. It runs peoples lives. People don't want to make love any more because they play this game. People drop out of college playing this game. People get fired while playing this game. If you have any ambition at all it will be sapped by this game. You'll replace 'real' friends with 'online' friends. You'll lose sleep playing well past bed time. You'll run up the power bill you play so much. Oh wait you wanted to know how good it is oh yeah...go right ahead and get it. You won't find a better MMORPG. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
Avatar image for deactivated-628c283c122ae
deactivated-628c283c122ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-628c283c122ae
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="Nerfing"]No, you shouldn't. Spend your money on something useful, like sex.Full-Throttle

Good call. Talk about opposite extremes. Nice.

Gaming4_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gaming4_Life
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
IMO, Yes you should get it. I was neutral with WoW until I got hold of it. Yes I did get addicted, but once you learn how to control yourself you can play caually like I do.
cprt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cprt2
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

The game is awesome to an certain place.If you like to grind to 70 so be it.but you may mess alot of cool quest and making low level friends.Ive taken so many parties into so many instances.It makes for so much fun.And can get same old same old fast.

So please take your time and enjoy it.Remember your paying for it every month.I found this game more fun then all the other MMO's.You don't have to wait,untill someone higher or better then you to show up to save the day,for most of the game.

I got really stuck at level 21,at Final Fantasy.So this made my gaming life so much better.And took away the old waiting for something good to come along.WOW stands alone.It has so many different elements in it,you may think you are playing

many games at once.From scary themes to heroic themes.It's worth the money,and is computer friendly to most video cards and low end systems.Been playing for some time(59 Pally).And ofcourse take an break and play something else too!!

(Battle ON!!!)Gamer for life!

briggsxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 briggsxxx
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts
I'd recommend it to somebody who spends 5 hours of their day counting the tiles on the ceiling. There are so many of these "should I get WoW" topics you should do a search for more info.Swiftstrike5
LOL too funny .
briggsxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 briggsxxx
Member since 2006 • 244 Posts
No, you shouldn't. Spend your money on something useful, like sex.Nerfing
even more funny .
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mclakers"]

gam3r3OOO

SHould you get WoW? Definately not. It runs peoples lives. People don't want to make love any more because they play this game. People drop out of college playing this game. People get fired while playing this game. If you have any ambition at all it will be sapped by this game. You'll replace 'real' friends with 'online' friends. You'll lose sleep playing well past bed time. You'll run up the power bill you play so much. Oh wait you wanted to know how good it is oh yeah...go right ahead and get it. You won't find a better MMORPG. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Interesting, and you (and everyone else with these exagerated examples) know this from first-hand experience?

Personally, I still go to college, I still have my job, I have a girlfriend who I "make love" to (I prefer the term "f***", but thats just me), my roommates' space heaters tacked on an extra 30 bucks a month for electricity, I still have friends and go to the bars and hang out with them.  Yup, safe to say WoW doesnt ruin lives.

trollfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trollfan
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

no. unless you know 39 other persons who wants to play with you and know you well enough to help you out once you reach higher levels. otherwise you will, as stated above, spend more time searching for people who are doing the same quests as you at the same time as you, than actually playing the game.

and no, the "casual" play does not exist. only thing you can do "casually" is some lame pvp in a arena or grind for reputation.

there are more solo-friendly mmo's out there , and that are free.... like Archlord.

get the free trial here

http://www.fileplanet.com/175088/170000/fileinfo/Archlord-Trial-Client  

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25

no. unless you know 39 other persons who wants to play with you and know you well enough to help you out once you reach higher levels. otherwise you will, as stated above, spend more time searching for people who are doing the same quests as you at the same time as you, than actually playing the game.

and no, the "casual" play does not exist. only thing you can do "casually" is some lame pvp in a arena or grind for reputation.

there are more solo-friendly mmo's out there , and that are free.... like Archlord.

get the free trial here

http://www.fileplanet.com/175088/170000/fileinfo/Archlord-Trial-Client  

trollfan

If no casual players exist, does that mean that all 7+ million players are addicts?  Does that make me an addict, even though I only play 14-18 hours a week?

As for the quests, I think [on average] one quest out of about 15 actually requires a grouping up of people (and only two or three people needed in a group).  And if you cant find a group, thats fine, there are thousands of other quests to do and dozens of areas to explore.

WoW is very solo-friendly.  Its also very group friendly.  Thats why its such a great game!  Its a shame people want to misinform a prospective WoW player.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

if you have a credit card, try the trial. there's no loss to try and see if this popular game is your cup of tea. it won't charge you. ( although you still need a credit card, that's for sure ) 

MissKellyFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MissKellyFTW
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="halofreak3487"]

If you are planning to get World of Warcraft though my suggestions is that your character should either become a Priest, Mage or Warlock.

Nerfing

This is true.  Picking anything out of the range of a Priest, Mage, or Warlock gives you a 50% of gaining a group.  Warriors, Rogues, and Hunters now have even less of a chance of getting a group ( 5% chance ) in any instance.  Since hunters are gimp, Warriors can't taunt, or hold aggro for sh*+ and druids having more DPS than even both Hunters and Warriors put together it kills the fun of WoW. 

Warriors have more than a 5% chance of getting a group, because it's always a struggle finding a tank, although i agree that they cant hold aggro for ****

id suggest going caster as as well, because you'll generally be more useful to others .

and sure, WoW may be a waste of money but its worth it at the time...

trollfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 trollfan
Member since 2005 • 28 Posts

And if you cant find a group, thats fine, there are thousands of other quests to do and dozens of areas to explore.

mrbojangles25

please, dont make me laugh. yeah, there are quests. but once you reach max level they are nothing but annoying and a waste of time.

areas to explore? once you've seen the areas you grind in , there is nothing to explore.

what i hate most about wow though, is that they even made the PVP into a damn grind T_T 

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

And if you cant find a group, thats fine, there are thousands of other quests to do and dozens of areas to explore.

trollfan

please, dont make me laugh. yeah, there are quests. but once you reach max level they are nothing but annoying and a waste of time.

areas to explore? once you've seen the areas you grind in , there is nothing to explore.

what i hate most about wow though, is that they even made the PVP into a damn grind T_T 

oh you were referring to end game, my mistake.  I was referring to everything up to the end game.  And grinding works, but not as well as grinding while questing.  Just a little tip for if the original poster if they do get the game.

And if the end game bores you, thats fine.  After you play the few months it will take to get to level 60 or 70, you can start a new character.

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="zanatos101"][QUOTE="donught_luver"]i play wow, what you should do is go to https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.htm and try it for ten days the only difference is you cant trade items and if you like it then you can go buy it and if you dont, dontSwiftstrike5

You shouldnt have to that would be unusual for a trial.

You many need to use a credit card although I'm not sure but for most trials, you enter a credit card and if you don't cancel, they start billing it. WoW may be different but I know of others that will start billing if you don't do anything. 

sabru8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 sabru8
Member since 2003 • 4144 Posts
yes....yes.....yes......and yes.
mastarifla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mastarifla
Member since 2005 • 2448 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="gam3r3OOO"][QUOTE="mclakers"]

gam3r3OOO

Interesting, and you (and everyone else with these exagerated examples) know this from first-hand experience?

Personally, I still go to college, I still have my job, I have a girlfriend who I "make love" to (I prefer the term "f***", but thats just me), my roommates' space heaters tacked on an extra 30 bucks a month for electricity, I still have friends and go to the bars and hang out with them. Yup, safe to say WoW doesnt ruin lives.

Does 'Addiction' mean anything to you? You seem dear I say... 'addicted too'. Are you getting a Bachelors of Arts? Cuz that would explain everything. Real majors people actually have this thing I don't know if you've heard of it: 'homework'. Don't mind me I went a little too far there...Have a nice day.

I agree, balancing a Job and working on an EE degree is tough enough. I quit the game to focus more on college ( played 1.5 years and kiled C-thun before Naxx, horde, raided 6 days a week ) Sucks that my friends still want me to play the game, but I acknowledged that I was addicted and if I went back to the game with my addictive personality I would not quit the game.

Oh and it sucks even more if the chick you like plays the game and wants YOU to play the game again with her :cry: I just don't know what to do anymore... You don't see how the addiction has taken it toll on you untill you quit and can see more clearly... I promised myself that I would never pick up the game again and my willpower is helping me through that.

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#42 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Yes.
Nerfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nerfing
Yes.Zaeryn
No, we need more people in real life these days.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrbojangles25
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="gam3r3OOO"][QUOTE="mclakers"]

gam3r3OOO

Personally, I still go to college, I still have my job, I have a girlfriend who I "make love" to (I prefer the term "f***", but thats just me), my roommates' space heaters tacked on an extra 30 bucks a month for electricity, I still have friends and go to the bars and hang out with them. Yup, safe to say WoW doesnt ruin lives.

Does 'Addiction' mean anything to you? You seem dear I say... 'addicted too'. Are you getting a Bachelors of Arts? Cuz that would explain everything. Real majors people actually have this thing I don't know if you've heard of it: 'homework'. Don't mind me I went a little too far there...Have a nice day.

ooooOHOOOOOO dem be fightin' words!

Actually, I am getting a food science degree a a top 10 college (according to US News), and I was 1 out of 1800 students that got accepted out of 33000 that applied.  I take a bunch of chemistry classes, a bunch of microbiology classes, I usually have three 3-hour labs per week, and a bunch of heat transfer and fluid dynamics classes.  I definately put more than enough work to qualify myself as being in a "real major."  Remember, I will be making your beer/wine and your food someday very soon!

And lets not forget that so-called "real majors" are gullible to something called procrastination.  Sure, they work hard and I applaud them for it, but they do waste a lot of time, be you an engineer or liberal arts student.  I dont procrastinate, I get an assignment and its done, and when its done I get to do things I want to do.  Simple as that.  And is 2 hours of WoW a day (with maybe 4 hours on Saturday) really seem like that much to you, or atleast enough to call it an addiction?  I dont watch TV, by the way, and I think that is an underestimated and huge waste of people's time when they speak of something else (WoW, in this case) wasting their time.

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts
[QUOTE="gam3r3OOO"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="gam3r3OOO"][QUOTE="mclakers"]

mrbojangles25

ooooOHOOOOOO dem be fightin' words!

Actually, I am getting a food science degree a a top 10 college (according to US News), and I was 1 out of 1800 students that got accepted out of 33000 that applied.  I take a bunch of chemistry classes, a bunch of microbiology classes, I usually have three 3-hour labs per week, and a bunch of heat transfer and fluid dynamics classes.  I definately put more than enough work to qualify myself as being in a "real major."  Remember, I will be making your beer/wine and your food someday very soon!

And lets not forget that so-called "real majors" are gullible to something called procrastination.  Sure, they work hard and I applaud them for it, but they do waste a lot of time, be you an engineer or liberal arts student.  I dont procrastinate, I get an assignment and its done, and when its done I get to do things I want to do.  Simple as that.  And is 2 hours of WoW a day (with maybe 4 hours on Saturday) really seem like that much to you, or atleast enough to call it an addiction?  I dont watch TV, by the way, and I think that is an underestimated and huge waste of people's time when they speak of something else (WoW, in this case) wasting their time.

I have to agree with MrBojangles here. It's perfectly possible to play WoW (or any game for that matter) in moderation. If you lose your job and/or flunk out of school 'cause you were playing some silly game, that's your fault and people need to learn to take responsibility for their actions. Claiming that a game is bad because some people don't know moderation is a cop-out. And no, I'm not defending the game (i played it and thought it was too shallow for my tastes, for the record), just tired of seeing this arguement pop up everytime. And the above shot at Bojangles was rather un called for and childish, imho.

Letesmetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Letesmetty
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
[QUOTE="mclakers"] I dont know what is so addicting about WoW. Its just another game, like Halflife, Command and Conquer, and any other excellent and successful franchise that has good multiplayer. A better question here is whether or not you have an addictive personality?mrbojangles25
Actually, it isn't another game. It's a timesink. In Half-Life you don't sit there and do nothing at any point in time. In WoW, it's around 20% of the time I play. Then 60% is doing repetitive-as-ass quests. It's like a nightmare. I only have fun 20% of the time - which is when I PvP. But then I went and got a bot and now I can just PvP. Botting 1-70 is more fun than playing the game by a long-shot.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="mclakers"] I dont know what is so addicting about WoW. Its just another game, like Halflife, Command and Conquer, and any other excellent and successful franchise that has good multiplayer. A better question here is whether or not you have an addictive personality?Letesmetty
Actually, it isn't another game. It's a timesink. In Half-Life you don't sit there and do nothing at any point in time. In WoW, it's around 20% of the time I play. Then 60% is doing repetitive-as-ass quests. It's like a nightmare. I only have fun 20% of the time - which is when I PvP. But then I went and got a bot and now I can just PvP. Botting 1-70 is more fun than playing the game by a long-shot.

but botting gets you banned.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"][QUOTE="mclakers"] I dont know what is so addicting about WoW. Its just another game, like Halflife, Command and Conquer, and any other excellent and successful franchise that has good multiplayer. A better question here is whether or not you have an addictive personality?eitremn

but botting gets you banned.

hey, I didnt say that!  you quoted the wrong guy lol

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
I invested my time and money into the guild wars series and I will never regret it. If I get bored with the game I can leave it and not worry about monthy fees etc.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gam3r3OOO
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
I invested my time and money into the guild wars series and I will never regret it. If I get bored with the game I can leave it and not worry about monthy fees etc.AngelB1ack
Amen to that brother.