Shooter Favorites?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts

My little brothers birthday is coming up and I wouldl like to pick him upa newer fun, somewhat inexpensive shooter. Seeing as how the only pc game I play is CSS, I would like some advice.

So, in a nutshell, what is the best Teen rated shooter that is not too expensive?

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#2 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts
Any of the UT games. Even though it has a M rating you can adjust the gore level. Actually you can adjust anything on UT.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Danold
alright, I'll keep that in mind thanks.
Avatar image for HardcoreKiller2
HardcoreKiller2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 HardcoreKiller2
Member since 2004 • 574 Posts

Any of the UT games. Even though it has a M rating you can adjust the gore level. Actually you can adjust anything on UT.Azghouls

The UT games are really great, and they also have a bundle called "Unreal Anthology" that includes 4 of the best Unreal Tournament games, and it very cheap to buy, around $20.

Also, the Battlefield games are great, I think all of them are T rated. They have some bundles out there that are cheap,

I would also recomend the Call of Duty games. Sure the first game and its expansion are rated M, but the second, Call of Duty 2, isn't.

h1dd3n5had0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 h1dd3n5had0w
Member since 2005 • 2141 Posts
BF2 goes for 19.99 now. You can also get the expansion(Special Forces) along with BF2 for 29.99
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Danold

Awsome thanks for the advice. It looks to be that Battlefield seriesand the Unreal Tournament series will be what I will decide upon. Thanks agian for the help.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts
How old is your brother, exactly? That'd probably help us make some other suggestions. As far as ratings go, I can only think of maybe a dozen games I probably wouldn't recommend to someone in their teen years; specifically, games with really dark and violent (Condemned, Hitman, Manhunt) or mature/sexual themes (GTA, Indigo Prophecy). I mean, I played Duke Nukem 3D sans parental lock when I was 12. To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily condone that, but in my opinion, a little cussing and some enemies getting blown into pieces generally isn't going to scar anyone who's hit their double-digits. You should also keep in mind that if he's going to be playing the game online, the 'T" rating goes out the window anyway.
Aelreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aelreth
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

I know I'm beating a dead horse today but I highly suggest the Call of Duty Game of the year edition title, at least 50 hours of fun.

Coldsoul9077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Coldsoul9077
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
the battlefield 1942 collection is only 15 bucks on amazon.
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
WarRock is free and fun...
Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Luthorcrow
Member since 2003 • 696 Posts
FEAR. Best SP FPS in recent memory. Tell him to play with the lights out.:P
Digital_Cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Digital_Cowboy
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts
Get BF2. If he likes shooters, he will like it. Ya its been out a while but a lot of the full conversion mods are just becoming complete so your actually buying him several games... If you want to be a good brother, get him BF2, then on a DVD burn a few of the mods such as Forgotten Hope, maybe use a lightscribe disk and make it look good. I always find that even if the game is older, if it feels new, it is.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Shadowgrounds, COD1, Unreal, Chrome, Half Life, No One Lives Forever etc etc.