Shadows of Angmar Beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hitman187x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 hitman187x
Member since 2005 • 1257 Posts

I've been online with this game all morning, since I got off work. There's not a lot of intense fighting and action going on, at least not in the early levels, but I'm pretty well committed now to getting this game. The other LOTR games on GC and PS2 were pretty cool. This reminds me more of Third Age, but 3D and free roam. Lots of side adventures off the path of the main quest.

The live chat is pretty groovy, too. There were hundreds of players in just one town. I just went up to people and started talking, and some of what you say is translated into body language, like "hello" makes the character wave, and "LOL" makes them hold their belly and laugh. That might wear off after awhile, but I'm interested in seeing what else this game has to offer.

Thoughts?

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Have you tried monsterplay yet? You can only fight against mobs for now though.
Avatar image for the_real_jspark
the_real_jspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 the_real_jspark
Member since 2003 • 218 Posts
I'm playing the beta now too. I just got past the first cave with the troll : D. I never seen such a cool fight/display within the first couple minutes of any other mmo I played (includingWoW). I'm on the first server on the list (starts with a G, I forget the rest). My char's name is Gimly. If you're on the server you should add me so we can explore the game as a team.

EDIT: Server name is Gladden.