Settlers 7 DRM - Server Status = intermittent

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Anarchist-TKC-1
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Anarchist-TKC-1
Member since 2004 • 303 Posts

Settlers 7 'Server Unavailable'

I'm actually one of the lucky players! Asia/Australia haven't been able to play this since release! :shock:

There's a huge thread regarding the DRM, stating your detail:

1. Your account name (as entered in the UGL)
2. Your location & ISP
3. How you purchased the game (Steam, retail...)
4. Time of your last login attempt (ie last game start)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6061083365/m/9121044648

1st game with a DRM for me.... and the last :lol:

Anything with the words DRM, seriously keep away. Sometimes it will work, but others will just irritate you! I can't even login to play the SINGLE player campaign!

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Why did you buy it? You should have known better.
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Anarchist-TKC-1

Because the demo worked... people who played the BETA said it was working fine. Upon launch of the full version, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's problems! lol Hey, I was optimistic, just like many others. (Glad I had cancelled the 2nd copy for my girlfriend, just to give this a test for a few weeks)

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Yeah, so what? Ubisoft will fix it. :P Yeah but if they did not pull that crap then you would be playing right now, but NOOOOOO they got to fight piracy. Ignore that, just me disliking when gamedevelopers do moves that can cause more possible issues to a pc game than it already has. They practicly like to create new inconviniencies factors.
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Anarchist-TKC-1

Well this isn't another DRM hate thread, just giving direction to those who can't play Settlers 7.

Visit the link above for the forums, but also create a support ticket here...

http://support.ubi.com/

p.s. I hate DRM :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
Karma's a *****.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45
Well this WILL happen again, and maybe now they pay attention to fix it as fast as possible, but if they dont drop that drm. Playing games old games that use that drm in the future wherever you want without issues is pretty slim.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

Ubisoft is 0 for 3

AC2. Silent Hunter V. Settlers 7

Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Anarchist-TKC-1
Server back online. 9 hours later
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Wow man, I thought Ubi were cool, responsible guys. How could they ask for private data?! They will crack the game anyway and they know it. All this DRM is one torture for the legal buyers!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Wow man, I thought Ubi were cool, responsible guys. How could they ask for private data?! They will crack the game anyway and they know it. All this DRM is one torture for the legal buyers!

Too bad the legal buyers are bending over and taking it.
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
this is like saying, "OH LOOK! the bag of dog crap isn't on fire anymore!" it still leaves an awful smell.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dakan45
Server back online. 9 hours laterAnarchist-TKC-1
:( Seriously, that happening once ot twice is ok. But this will happen again and again in the future and may vary depending where you are in the planet. Its sad that now you find yourself all ready to play a simple singleplayer not multiplayer game (A timeless rts) and you find out that you cant play :shock: because the servers are down!! It makes you wonder how weird things will get with this direction we are heading.
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
Was it people being butthurt and DDoSing Ubisofts servers again? Thats what happened with Assassins Creed 2.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
Why did you buy it? You should have known better.GeneralShowzer
Because people actually want to play these games? I've bought Assassins Creed 2 and have had no problems.
Cobretti1818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cobretti1818
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts

I feel sorry for the OP and others having trouble with this DRM. I will be taking my chances when SC:C is released.

Such a shame it has come to this, but where else was it going to go. It is only natural that a company does not want to give away millions of copies of their games for free anymore - now we all suffer :(

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dakan45

I feel sorry for the OP and others having trouble with this DRM. I will be taking my chances when SC:C is released.

Such a shame it has come to this, but where else was it going to go. It is only natural that a company does not want to give away millions of copies of their games for free anymore - now we all suffer :(

Cobretti1818
Well atleast conviction is a short game without much replay value. You wont have to suffer much with it. Just play it at a time that the servers are in a well condition and you wont have any drawbacks in your experiance.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
[QUOTE="Cobretti1818"]

dakan45
Well atleast conviction is a short game without much replay value. You wont have to suffer much with it. Just play it at a time that the servers are in a well condition and you wont have any drawbacks in your experiance.

Yeah it doesn't even have multi-player. I don't believe they just put in a 7 hour SP campaign, without any stealth elements and focused more on a CO-OP campaign. Faluire
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Cobretti1818"]

GeneralShowzer

Yeah it doesn't even have multi-player. I don't believe they just put in a 7 hour SP campaign, without any stealth elements and focused more on a CO-OP campaign. Faluire

From what i know the co-op element is not exactly the main compaign. Yet the coop can be bothersome thanks to drm. Imagine being able to play but an friend you met on the internet cant because you are in diffirent locations and one of you experiancing problems. I cant believe that after all those years they made a 7 hour sp compaign. Better be good and never feel borring and repettive. But i would say there are stealth elements. Just like in crysis you are not suposes to go on full assault but plan your moves, attack and cloack then de cloack and attack again. So here in splinter cell conviction you plan your moves and use the enviroment and then attack and hide, the ai will search your previous position while you get behind the. Sure its not a complete stealth game like the previous in which you infiltrate a base and made sure you do not alert anyone or get any alarms. But there is some hide and seek stealth elements here. You cant go full frontal assault.

Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Anarchist-TKC-1

If you're one of the hundreds of people who purchased the game and never able to play it due to the DRM / registration issues. Visit my website.

liffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 liffi
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

I dunno if I am lucky or what but at least my settlers 7 have work the day I bought it. Hmmmm Good to be lucky sometimes it seems.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45
According to gamespot using that will be illegal so better remove it from your sig. Ubisoft i freaking hate you!!
Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Anarchist-TKC-1

:roll: Yeah kinda guessed as much, but it's a working temp fix to play the game at least until Ubisoft fix the DRM. People haven't been able to play since day 1 (mostly Australia/Asia). It seems to be an issue with linking the game to the Ubisoft account, but also when the servers/DRM messes up, you can't even play single player! This is a fix to get around that for now.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
Ahh "facepalms ubisoft"....yeah its a fix i guess but according to gamespot, whatever method you use to defeat copy protection, illegal or not, having the game or not, being able to play or not because of the servers...its still wrong and against the rules because ubisoft does not permit you from doing it. On the other hand they can use a "fixed" illegal exe to patch crashes in rainbow six vegas. :roll:So in other words there is no right and wrong here. By buying the game, you are agreeing to their rules and you have to cop with them whatever crap they throw at you. You will have to take it because thats how they "allow" you to play their game. But i cant play your game damn it. :P...:lol: I bet ubisoft support phone lines are filed with angry customers.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
:( And I have Splinter Cell Conviction on pre-order....
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dakan45
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]:( And I have Splinter Cell Conviction on pre-order....

Face it, you and me are not gonna play that game when we want but when ubisoft wants us to play it. :(
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]:( And I have Splinter Cell Conviction on pre-order....

Face it, you and me are not gonna play that game when we want but when ubisoft wants us to play it. :(

Yeah, I can see that happening... But I am optimistic...maybe DRMSoft will fix the servers by then....
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

Dear Ubisoft,

Thank you for making, for the most part, quality games; I am a big fan of your titles, especially in the past, and still have high hopes for the future.

Unfortunately, your paranoid and excessive DRM is ruining things not only for gamers, but for gaming as well. If a gamer subscribes to all the requirements of a video game (hardware, an internet connection) and has legally purchased it, then there should be nothing preventing him or her from installing and playing the game whenever or where ever they desire. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Please release a patch for all your recent games requiring constant internet connections, thus removing the need for such a rediculous and, on your part, poorly exected, digital rights management. You have stolen countless millions of dollars from paying customers and provided them with broken servers, therefore denying them access to a game they have the right to play.

Remember: DRM should always inconvenience the pirate, and never inconvenience the legitimate customer. This recent DRM does the exact opposite

Sincerely,

Mr Bojangles

I think everyone needs to send an email like this to Ubisoft, please.

Anarchist-TKC-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Anarchist-TKC-1

Another Bank Holiday weekend and guess what? YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE the DRM is not working AGAIN! Servers are unavailable. Seriously, this is the FIRST and LAST game with a DRM lollllllllllllllllllllllll. Ubi can do one.

Not even the forums are working?!!? :shock:

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

what? the game is so totally cracked and buried, yet there are still people suffering from UBI's almighty DRM? wait, the legit customers are...

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

this sucks I'm actually interested in buying this game but ubisoft has to **** it up with there stupid drm.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dakan45

Another Bank Holiday weekend and guess what? YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE the DRM is not working AGAIN! Servers are unavailable. Seriously, this is the FIRST and LAST game with a DRM lollllllllllllllllllllllll. Ubi can do one.

Not even the forums are working?!!? :shock:

Anarchist-TKC-1
Pff not even splinter cell conviction servers are woring. So ign cant review the game, nice job ubisoft, nice job.
leannavale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leannavale
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Well today im a little sad..! after 3yrs of playing evony online and that game changing to benifit the cheaters... i choose and BOUGHT legally The Settlers 7 ..... what a huge mistake "apparently". After reading the posts here it seems Australia gets nothing.... and true it is. after installing the game TWICE after it froze my comp and then downloading a new patch, followed with installing again and some more updating.... finally get the game running to be told the server is down. WOW! Get into the game build the very first thing in game (i think it was a quarry thingie) and it compleatly freezes on me. Than after restarting comp i try to log in for the next 2 hrs and keep getting an error msg :( Im wondering if this is why the game was down for $79 to $24 ...................... Cause u cant play it... all u get is a shiney box full of "good intentions" Anyone know if they intended on fixing the issues or should i just return for a refund???
leannavale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 leannavale
Well today im a little sad..! after 3yrs of playing evony online and that game changing to benifit the cheaters... i choose and BOUGHT legally The Settlers 7 ..... what a huge mistake "apparently". After reading the posts here it seems Australia gets nothing.... and true it is. after installing the game TWICE after it froze my comp and then downloading a new patch, followed with installing again and some more updating.... finally get the game running to be told the server is down. WOW! Get into the game build the very first thing in game (i think it was a quarry thingie) and it compleatly freezes on me. Than after restarting comp i try to log in for the next 2 hrs and keep getting an error msg :( Im wondering if this is why the game was down for $79 to $24 ...................... Cause u cant play it... all u get is a shiney box full of "good intentions" Anyone know if they intended on fixing the issues or should i just return for a refund???leannavale
Oh forgot to mention ubisoft telling me my username and password doesnt exsist... to only try again and then tell me the server doesnt work...FUN!!
leannavale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 leannavale
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Dear Ubisoft,

Thank you for making, for the most part, quality games; I am a big fan of your titles, especially in the past, and still have high hopes for the future.

Unfortunately, your paranoid and excessive DRM is ruining things not only for gamers, but for gaming as well. If a gamer subscribes to all the requirements of a video game (hardware, an internet connection) and has legally purchased it, then there should be nothing preventing him or her from installing and playing the game whenever or where ever they desire. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

Please release a patch for all your recent games requiring constant internet connections, thus removing the need for such a rediculous and, on your part, poorly exected, digital rights management. You have stolen countless millions of dollars from paying customers and provided them with broken servers, therefore denying them access to a game they have the right to play.

Remember: DRM should always inconvenience the pirate, and never inconvenience the legitimate customer. This recent DRM does the exact opposite

Sincerely,

Mr Bojangles

I think everyone needs to send an email like this to Ubisoft, please.

I see this is not a current issue with this game, 17mths later and still the same issues ??!? i feel like a real D**K for buying this game without reading forum reviews :( The place i bought it from tells me they will issue a refund if the game is not working. Problem is thats its ubisoft thats not working at all!! who should issue my refund?!?!
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#36 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wierd, I have not had any issues with this game personally.

Is it just people in Australia having issues? or NA/UK,etc.. to?

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
whole ubisoft is down atm it seems maybe a maintenance or something...
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Me and my friend just tried playing and couldn't get in. Can bet ones who didn't pay for it play it just fine :P